• 62 results
inknail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By inknail

1. The Thing is pretty much my favorite horror movie, so I kind of have to agree with most people in here. There's just so much that is right about that movie. Everything from the acting, the effects, and the musical arrangement is great!

2. In the Mouth of Madness is certainly a close second though, and one I don't see being mentioned much. It has some absolutely genius moments, and I would call a must-see for any fans of John Carpenter and H.P. Lovecraft.

3. I also liked Big Trouble in Little China (that movie is crazy). A little surprised that Starman still stands at no votes. It certainly isn't like his other films, but it wasn't bad by any means either.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Laiv162560asse

The Thing is simply an excellent movie. Its quality trumps my nostalgic affection towards Big Trouble and it beats my love of the genius-but-janky psychological horror of In the Mouth of Madness. I would rank those three films slightly above the other stuff of his I enjoy, such as the Escape From... movies and Assault on Precinct 13. I never had much love for Halloween.

Another thing, my recollection is very ragged but I remember Memoirs of an Invisible Man being not all that bad...! It certainly didn't register with me as a good example of Carpenter's work, but I don't remember it being terribad like they suggest on the Bombcast.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#53  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That's a ridiculously tough question because I pretty much love most of the man's work. I guess I'd say Escape from New York, with The Thing, Assault on Precinct 13, They Live, and Big Trouble in Little China following very close behind. I'd love to run something like Ain't It Cool's Butt-Numb-A-Thon with nothing but John Carpenter's films.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Thing. I would say "it's not even close" but the guy also made Halloween, which happens to be the best slasher movie ever conceived. So, it's close-ish.

But The Thing is an all-time classic.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

For me, The Thing. Hands down, one of the best paranoia flicks ever made. I remember renting it when I found out the videogame was based on the movie. So I watched the movie before playing the game. It was so amazing. If you have the DVD, l highly recommend you listen to the audio commentary track on it with Kurt Russell and Carpenter. It's great.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By GunstarRed

Man, listening to the Bombcast and hearing them talk about Memoirs of an invisible man was like listening to a bunch of people that have never seen the film bitch about it. that film is much better than it has any right to be, it's not one of Carpenters best, but it's also pretty fun.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By dichemstys

I've only seen Halloween.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By wrecks

@Apparatus_Unearth: You need to correct that as soon as possible.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By dichemstys

The Thing is in my watch list.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By BraveToaster

The Thing

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#61  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

I can't decide between In the Mouth of Madness, The Thing, and Big Trouble in Little China.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By ShaggE

The Thing. But Mouth of Madness and Halloween are close runners-up.