• 81 results
#1 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Gentleman (and Ladies):

Just wondering but what are some of your favorite memories of GB?  From what I heard, it's been a year since the site started so feel free to post pics of old threads, PMs, memes, or random stories.

I for one, will always remember the epic day VG proved she was a girl and the mods were upset.  I did learn that women were on the internet so it was a shock.  Even more shocking was that pretty women were on the net that weren't looking to show me a webcam show. 

I also remember the KZ2 clan...that holds a special place in my heart.  So many stories about that.

What say you lot?

#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -

A lot of wiki editing.

#3 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

I have memories of this place before July 21st 2008, when it was just a blog thing. "How to Build a Bomb" videos, Battlefield Bad Company video review (GB's very first video review)... Good times. Good times.

#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Snail said:
" I have memories of this place before July 21st 2008, when it was just a blog thing. "How to Build a Bomb" videos, Battlefield Bad Company video review (GB's very first video review)... Good times. Good times. "
Wasn't that MGS4?
#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

:(
#6 Posted by masterken (109 posts) -

the day I remembered about Jeff, so i looked him up on wikipedia to see if he had joined like IGN or somethin, and discovered this fantastic place where my dreams come true. Also, watching around 80 endurance run videos in one week to catch up to the current ones. That was effin tough.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

I felt awesome when they read my cracker question on the Bombcast.

#8 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

This introduced mind overloading.

#9 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" I felt awesome when they read my cracker question on the Bombcast. "
Hah!  I just remembered when they got my Potions back in December and talked about it on the podcast.  XD
#10 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

Every podcast, and staying up late on tuesday nights before school, waiting for the podcast.

#11 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

The first Bombcast I listened to. :D

#12 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

One of my favorite memories was when Jakob found a bunch of information about Levio from different websites and called him out on it.
I also remember the lolz fest when Levio was asking why rap wasn't in Rock Band.
And when Levio claimed he talked to Gabe Newell.

#13 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
@Lies: R.I.P, sweet prince . . .

Also . . .

HEY Y NO RAP IN ROCK BAND

#14 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I remember around last April, or May, or June or whenever, looking for a new podcast on Itunes, finding giantbombcast and thinking,  "well this probably won't be very good, but I'll give it a shot."  That podcast was only Jeff and Ryan, and I thought they were funny, so I checked out there blog.  And within about a week the GiantBombcast was my new favorite podcast.

#15 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

The first Arrow Pointing Down podcast with Ryan and Jeff.

#16 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -
@Wrect: A minute into that first podcast, where Jeff asked if Ryan was mucking around with ketchup packets? The first half of Ryan's absent-minded reply is priceless.

And there's too many good memories to list without sounding like a psycho (hey, I've just got a good memory, alright?). But hearing that Brad and Vinny were joining was pretty much where I rubbed my hands and knew this was going to be the definitive shit.
#17 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

The Santa Hat thread. I met some cool people during that time.

SuperMooseman made this one.

#18 Posted by JackiJinx (3090 posts) -
@Lies: Ditto. Oh well.
#19 Posted by PartTimeNinja (344 posts) -

The 12-9-08 bombcast is probably my favorite podcast to date.

#20 Posted by Sgt_T1bbs (116 posts) -

Ryan mistakenly thinking they were offering Sir Alex Navarro a job on the podcast, when they were really announcing that he was going to go work for Harmonix. Really awkward moment there when he found out he was mistaken. The pure joy i felt when i went to giantbomb.com in blog form the day it all started. Even then you could tell it was gonna be something special.

#21 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Knowing that I helped the wiki grow and the insanely awesome podcasts.

#22 Posted by poonoo (11 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/2humanalypse-now-strictly-for-my-gamerz/160/

This

#23 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Should we commerate while the site is still 'infunct'', so to speak.
It almost sounds like funeral.

Alright, to see and hear Greg Kasavin again on the Bombcast and be shortly reunited with his former associates, that was pretty cool.

#24 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Probably when I first joined up and I browsed the forums. They were so awesome...

#25 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -
My favorite moment was when Ryan tricked Sgt_T1bbs into thinking he didn't really know that Alex had been hired by Harmonix.  That was classic.
#26 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
.I for one, will always remember the epic day VG proved she was a girl and the mods were upset.  I did learn that women were on the internet so it was a shock. 
how did she manage that, i don't think i was around then
#27 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
this, my god it was funny. If you weren't there for it, just keep reading, you'll get to the funny pretty quickly. A close second, however would be episode 13 of the ER. Kou just loooooooves them balls!
#28 Posted by PinkElephant (112 posts) -

It's just the feeling. This place is so genuine and fun and never takes itself too seriously. 

#29 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -

Brads video review of Viva Pinata:TIP. Basically all the moments from the beginning following the guys from GS to Points to Arrow Pointing Down to the blog and now to this

#30 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

The horror that encroached on everyone when they discovered ItalyCanadian9 was not a girl. I feel guilty because I knew about 'her' well before GB (the wonder of the Gamespot forums).

#31 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

This isn't a funeral guys..

#32 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac: YOU HAD TO BRING UP LEVIO! D':

@KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
" I have memories of this place before July 21st 2008, when it was just a blog thing. "How to Build a Bomb" videos, Battlefield Bad Company video review (GB's very first video review)... Good times. Good times. "
Wasn't that MGS4? "
Nope, Bad Company.
#33 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
@Snail said:
" @Arkthemaniac: YOU HAD TO BRING UP LEVIO! D':

@KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
Wasn't that MGS4? "
Nope, Bad Company. "
shut up snail
#34 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -
@Snail said:
" @Arkthemaniac: YOU HAD TO BRING UP LEVIO! D':

@KaosAngel said:
" @Snail said:
Wasn't that MGS4? "
Nope, Bad Company. "
SHUT UP SNAIL
#35 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Fuck you guys for not caring for Biff :(

I'd also like to take credit for the ItalyCanadian9 thread, it was my post that kicked it off. True story.
#36 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -
@Oriental_Jams: Not as funny as the fapping to ItalyCanadian9 by the posters and mods in particular. HAHA.
#37 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

The Hitchenson incident is my favourite event on this site.

Hitechenson: "Yeah, I honestly think the Wii's a bad console."
(Al3x and myself post the usual lists of wii games and wii announcements)
Hitchenson, a couple of hours of research later: "I've got a fair bit of Birthday cash left, getting a Wii seems like the perfect use of it if you ask me."

#38 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -
@samcotts: I second the Biff mention. Some of the funniest posts to come out of these forums were by that warped motherfucker.
#39 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" Knowing that I helped the wiki grow and the insanely awesome podcasts. "
SAME HERE! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIEK!!1one
;P

#40 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

The warm welcome I received when I put out my first blog. :)

#41 Posted by Demonstride (864 posts) -

One of my favorites was when Jeff and Vinny finally got to 10 with Chie.

#42 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

when 1000 users told me I was a moron for hating everything valve makes

#43 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -

" @KaosAngel said:

.I for one, will always remember the epic day VG proved she was a girl and the mods were upset.  I did learn that women were on the internet so it was a shock.   "
I still remember that one too....

#44 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" when 1000 users told me I was a moron for hating everything valve makes "
You are a moron for hating
anything Valve makes.
#45 Posted by Kohe321 (3529 posts) -

There is a lot of good ones. The "How To Build a Bomb" videos are one of my favorites from before the site launched. It was really interesting to see the progression week to week.

#46 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -
@Lies said:
":("

I must know, did he get banned or did he just leave?
#47 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

My first post, submitting Pikachu in the say something about the user above you thread, My first thread topic, about cheese, and becoming friends with a bunch of cool dude's, You know who you are.
#48 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

The fact that most of the people here are the cool people from Gamespot, minus the jerk-asses ;)

#49 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" when 1000 users told me I was a moron for hating everything valve makes "
You are a moron for hating
anything Valve makes. "
or I'm just not impressed by crappy games
#50 Posted by BlameTheGame (75 posts) -

joining the site and finding out I actually liked it.