Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Organicalistic_

Whats is your favorite Metalcore album art?
Mine favorite album covers would have to be:

edit: I know this is not metalcore, but it is my favorite album cover
edit: I know this is not metalcore, but it is my favorite album cover

My favorite mathcore album would have to be  
No Caption Provided

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

What the fuck is a "metalcore"?

ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChasingTheSun

Well, this can't really be classified as metalcore but yeah:

No Caption Provided
francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By francesthemule

The Black Dahlia Murder are not a metalcore band.
ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChasingTheSun
@francesthemule said:
" The Black Dahlia Murder are not a metalcore band. "
No they are not haha
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

No Caption Provided
Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nonethewiser

none.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama
@jakob187: Fucking LOVE SikTh. Too bad they broke up. Those guys were in a league of their own.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AltonBrown

Paul will fuck your shit up, son.
 Paul will fuck your shit up, son.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ryax

not gonna lie. black dahlia murder isnt metal core. they are melodic death metal.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax
@AltonBrown: @Three0neFive:   Metalcore is a fusion genre combining elements of heavy metal and hardcore punk, the name of it is a portmanteau of the names of the two genres. The term took on its current meaning in the mid-1990s, describing bands such as Earth CrisisDeadguy and Integrity. The earliest of these groups, Integrity, began performing in 1988, some modern practioners of the genre include Darkest Hour, As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, and August Burns Red. Metalcore is distinguished from other punk metal fusions by its emphasis on breakdowns: slower, intense passages conducive to moshing. The genre has had a saturation of bands in the last five years.
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By FreakAche

Isn't metalcore basically the emo version of metal?  Those bands just seem terrible to me.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AltonBrown
@Ryax: Hmm... Looked a few of those bands up, not my thing. More of a vanilla punk guy myself. Good to know. Thanks.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mazik765

Metalcore = people who wanted to make real metal but didn't have the balls. It's not really any different than typical hardcore screamo.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ryax
@FreakAche said:
" Isn't metalcore basically the emo version of metal?  Those bands just seem terrible to me. "
they seem terrible because they are.
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Ryax said:
" not gonna lie. black dahlia murder isnt metal core. they are melodic death metal. "
I know, but on average people who like melodic death metal like  metalcore
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:

" not gonna lie. black dahlia murder isnt metal core. they are melodic death metal. "

No they aren't. They're garbage.

This is melodic death metal:

Of course who can forget one of the forefathers of Finnish Melodic death metal.

And my personal favourite (Their genre is debatable but this song has many melodeath elements)

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H: you got balls saying that. i respect that. but disagree with every fiber of my being 

but none of those are melodic death metal.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Three0neFive said:
" What the fuck is a "metalcore"? "
you're awesome and im with you
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ben_H
@FreakAche said:

" Isn't metalcore basically the emo version of metal?  Those bands just seem terrible to me. "

Yep.  The vocalists can't do anything.  They  can't sing, growl or do the gravelly higher vocals that black metal bands like Emperor or most melodeath/ folk metal bands do.

@organicalistic_

said:

" @Ryax said:

I know, but on average people who like melodic death metal like  metalcore "
No.  People who like a neutered version of metal suitable for MTV (Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium and all that garbage) like metalcore.  Most people who listen to actual melodic death metal would get bored by that stuff because of its simplicity,  and that it's abysmal.  It's a real shame what the kiddies these days pass off as real metal.  I've somehow listened to metal of various types (Starting out with thrash like Exodus, Testament and the like) since grade six and have managed to avoid all the mainstream drivel that's been pushed in the last few years.

Since I've posted it in every other metal thread I might as well post it in this one.  Bask in the glory that is Trym Torson's snare arm.  That majestic blast beat starts about 30 seconds in:

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Organicalistic_

@FreakAche said:

of course because we are all emo,

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Ben_H said:

" @FreakAche said:

Yep.  The vocalists can't do anything.  They  can't sing, growl or do the gravelly higher vocals that black metal bands like Emperor or most melodeath/ folk metal bands do.

@organicalistic_

said:

" @Ryax said:

I know, but on average people who like melodic death metal like  metalcore "
No.  People who like a neutered version of metal suitable for MTV (Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium and all that garbage) like metalcore.  Most people who listen to actual melodic death metal would get bored by that stuff because of its simplicity,  and that it's abysmal.  It's a real shame what the kiddies these days pass off as real metal.  I've somehow listened to metal of various types (Starting out with thrash like Exodus, Testament and the like) since grade six and have managed to avoid all the mainstream drivel that's been pushed in the last few years.

Since I've posted it in every other metal thread I might as well post it in this one.  Bask in the glory that is Trym Torson's snare arm.  That majestic blast beat starts about 30 seconds in:

"
No, I hate Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:

"  but none of those are melodic death metal. "

Are you kidding?  Children of Bodom was incredibly important in the shaping of modern melodic death metal.  Norther was part of the same scene.  What do I have to post At the Gates or something earlier?
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ryax

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H said:
" @Ryax said:

Are you kidding?  Children of Bodom was incredibly important in the shaping of modern melodic death metal.  Norther was part of the same scene.  What do I have to post At the Gates or something earlier? "
ew no. i just think that children of bodom isnt melodic. thats my opinion
TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TimeWaffle

i love how whenever there is a thread about metal people always seem to end up arguing about the different sub genres

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ryax
@DrDemon said:
" i love how whenever there is a thread about metal people always seem to end up arguing about the different sub genres "
its true. im always one of them
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Ryax said:

"   

"

Nice, I love the album Allegiance, it has a kick ass cover too
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:

"   

"

1st: Metalcore
2nd: Metalcore
3rd: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you kidding?  They are the antithesis of melodic death metal.  Melodic death metal often incorporates symphonic elements and neoclassical style solos with a few more traditional death metal elements like style of drumming.  Cannabal Corpse has neither. Plus you should have posted Hammer Smashed Face.
4th: Metalcore (And REALLY bad at that)
5th: Obvious metalcore.  The guitar and vocal  style give it away.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ryax
@organicalistic_: yeah. i tried to find some Nile but i couldnt find the song i was looking for
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H: well youre are clearly musically retarded when it comes to metal. so gtfo. and i know cannible corpse isnt melodic. they are just kick ass
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:

" @Ben_H said:

" @Ryax said:

Are you kidding?  Children of Bodom was incredibly important in the shaping of modern melodic death metal.  Norther was part of the same scene.  What do I have to post At the Gates or something earlier? "
ew no. i just think that children of bodom isnt melodic. thats my opinion "
If you've ever heard anything after Hatebreeder they make the melodies even more obvious. Listen to "Needled 24/7" and right after it gets going you hear an obvious guitar/keyboard duet of what will turn into a thematic melody for the entire song.  (That song has really fun synth parts.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodic_death_metal "
"modern metalcore and later deathcore takes influence of melodic death metal with bands including: DevilDriver, The Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour and Himsa. "

They are influenced by it.  They are not it.
ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArcLyte

No Caption Provided
also, the best metalcore album ever released.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H said:
" @Ryax said:

" @Ben_H said:

" @Ryax said:

ew no. i just think that children of bodom isnt melodic. thats my opinion "
If you've ever heard anything after Hatebreeder they make the melodies even more obvious. Listen to "Needled 24/7" and right after it gets going you hear an obvious guitar/keyboard duet of what will turn into a thematic melody for the entire song.  (That song has really fun synth parts.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodic_death_metal "
"modern metalcore and later deathcore takes influence of melodic death metal with bands including: DevilDriver, The Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour and Himsa. "  They are influenced by it.  They are not it. "
i hate metal with keyboards. 
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:
" @Ben_H: well youre are clearly musically retarded when it comes to metal. so gtfo. and i know cannible corpse isnt melodic. they are just kick ass "
No, YOU ARE.  You clearly don't listen to enough actual metal outside of new mainstream bands to grasp a real knowledge of it.  I listen to almost every kind of metal available, from Adagio to Zyklon and everything in between.  I don`t just listen to it, I play it too.  Have fun with your fad music, it'll be gone in a year or so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Ryax: 
Oh, thats what it was. Weird how I didnt recognize that earlier but then again I dont like music that much.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H said:
" @Ryax said:
" @Ben_H: well youre are clearly musically retarded when it comes to metal. so gtfo. and i know cannible corpse isnt melodic. they are just kick ass "
No, YOU ARE.  You clearly don't listen to enough actual metal outside of new mainstream bands to grasp a real knowledge of it.  I listen to almost every kind of metal available, from Adagio to Zyklon and everything in between.  I don`t just listen to it, I play it too.  Have fun with your fad music, it'll be gone in a year or so. "
ah yes. black dahlia has been around for 10 years. mayhem is one of my favorites, cannible corpse. primordial, celtic frost. i listen to alot of other metal than the new age shit
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Ryax: I was referring to you explaining what metalcore is.
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ben_H
@Ryax said:

" @Ben_H said:

" @Ryax said:

No, YOU ARE.  You clearly don't listen to enough actual metal outside of new mainstream bands to grasp a real knowledge of it.  I listen to almost every kind of metal available, from Adagio to Zyklon and everything in between.  I don`t just listen to it, I play it too.  Have fun with your fad music, it'll be gone in a year or so. "

ah yes. black dahlia has been around for 10 years. mayhem is one of my favorites, cannible corpse. primordial, celtic frost. i listen to alot of other metal than the new age shit "

Celtic Frost is decent.  But seriously, BDM is horrible. Do your best to distance yourself from garbage like that.  You'll eventually realize it has no real depth or soul to it.

If you like Mayhem, check out Immortal and early Emperor (If you can learn to deal with the awesomeness that is metal keyboards for Emperor.  It's only atmospheric stuff in the background for early Emperor).  They're both the bee's knees.

and my personal favourite:

Or the black metal supergroup that later turned into a really weird avant garde band Arcturus.  (They're an acquired taste let's just say:

I like recommending metal to anyone.  Even when debating with them.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By spaceturtle

I've already seen someone mention SikTh here, but I got to add, SikTh is freakin awesome! One of my all-time favorite bands. They combine extreme complex rythms and technical riffs and drum sequenses with great melodies which are based on mostly fat and heavy guitar chords. Both their albums are great, but I have to say I enjoy  The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out, Wait for Something Wild a bit more than Death of a Dead Day. And yes, its too fucking bad they broke up. I can't even imagine how heavy a third album would sound like. But I don't think SikTh can be classefied as metalcore. They have some similarities to metalcore, but I would rather say they play some sort of progressive metal.

Dillinger Escape Plan, that is a metalcore band. At least some of their older stuff. I personally love their album Miss Machine. Recommend checking that out if you havent already. 

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ahriman22

BDM is not metalcore. It's Deathcore, there is a difference because Deathcore is shit.

Anyways, my favourite is Lost in The Sound of Seperation by Underoath.  

No Caption Provided
Inb4 lol mainstream. Underoath may be mainstream, but they're one of the few mainstream bands that are good. (Disregard all albums before Define The Great Line.)
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By habster3

Wow. This topic has gotten off topic; first the concept of metalcore album art, then melodic death metal videos, then the previous but black metal. I mean seriously? Sure, I don't have anything to contribute, but it's because I don't like metalcore (or melodic death metal. I especially hate black metal), and I can't load pictures up.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ryax
@ahriman22 said:
" BDM is not metalcore. It's Deathcore, there is a difference because Deathcore is shit.

Anyways, my favourite is Lost in The Sound of Seperation by Underoath.  

No Caption Provided
Inb4 lol mainstream. Underoath may be mainstream, but they're one of the few mainstream bands that are good. (Disregard all albums before Define The Great Line.) "
actually underoath is screamo bullshit
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AltonBrown

Metal.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ryax
@Ben_H said:
" @Ryax said:

" @Ben_H said:

" @Ryax said:

ah yes. black dahlia has been around for 10 years. mayhem is one of my favorites, cannible corpse. primordial, celtic frost. i listen to alot of other metal than the new age shit "

Celtic Frost is decent.  But seriously, BDM is horrible. Do your best to distance yourself from garbage like that.  You'll eventually realize it has no real depth or soul to it.

If you like Mayhem, check out Immortal and early Emperor (If you can learn to deal with the awesomeness that is metal keyboards for Emperor.  It's only atmospheric stuff in the background for early Emperor).  They're both the bee's knees.

and my personal favourite:

Or the black metal supergroup that later turned into a really weird avant garde band Arcturus.  (They're an acquired taste let's just say:

I like recommending metal to anyone.  Even when debating with them.

"
i like most black metal. emperor is good. 
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By habster3

@AltonBrown: Great song, but why did you choose to show the live one? His voice sounds really off, and he doesn't hold the note for 20 seconds at the end.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ahriman22
@Ryax: Pre-Define the Great Line, yes, that's screamo bullshit, but not anymore. 

That's from their newest album. 

And that's from They're only Chasing safety. This is Screamo.    
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By jakob187
@Ben_H said:
" @Ryax said:

Not nearly as important as these guys: 

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#49  Edited By sjschmidt93
@organicalistic_ said:
"

@FreakAche said:

of course because we are all emo,

"  
Yeah, speak for yourself.
ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ChasingTheSun

Oh lord, I don't get why people feel the need to argue over genres, it's just way too fucking stupid.

Enjoy your music as it is, don't shove it in someone else's face please.