• 120 results
#1 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

Noobtoob: 2 dudes with a love of games, and jobs/lives. The community sent them lots of games via donations and although their reviews weren't very insightful(usually only like 2-5 hours of games), it was a damn blast to listen to! One of my favorite episodes:

http://youtu.be/4uh9Sob5xqQ

I also am guilty of listening to Podcast Beyond(IGN Playstation podcast with Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty.) and Knockin Boots("Dating advice" podcast for gamers on IGN) as well.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4295 posts) -

Rebel FM

The Comedy Button

Tell Em Steve Dave, Smodcast

Old, Game Scoop. Podcast Beyond, nope.

Weekend Confirmed

Knocking Boots was where I learned: To earn the respect of her parents, you need to go to their house, and bang her on the mailbox

The Drunk Tank, The Patch

#3 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

I find it really difficult to get into other podcasts, have listened to Rebel Fm in the past, but Arthur Gies just grinds me down too much.

Would listen to Gamers With Jobs occasionally, very laid back. WTF with Marc Maron if there is a good guest on, the old ricky gervais XFM radio shows, thats about it really

#4 Posted by csl316 (9254 posts) -

Podcast Beyond is cool. And Podtoid is something else.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (12294 posts) -
  • This American Life
  • Radiolab
  • Stuff You Should Know
#6 Edited by Winsord (1283 posts) -

I used to love NooBTooB, but it feels like it's been forever since it was on now, especially with the community site being down. The only two podcasts I really listen to now are the Bombcast and Marc Maron's WTFPod. Generally I find Marc to be funny, and he manages to pull in so many high-profile guests that I'm really interested in hearing from (last week for instance, he did an interview with Radiohead's Thom Yorke).

I used to be into ScrewAttack's Sidescrollers, RoosterTeeth's Drunktank and the CAGCast, but all of them kind of lost their luster for me. Sidescrollers went downhill when Jared left the site, the Drunktank stopped being about games (especially after it changed to "The RoosterTeeth Podcast") and had its audio version ruined when they switched to video, and CAGCast I just sort of lost interest in, but may get back around to eventually. I tried to watch RoosterTeeth's, "The Patch", but found it to be pretty insufferable. They all seem to be so out of touch with games and the industry at the moment, and even the times where they were somewhat knowledgeable or excited about something, their interests and opinions didn't align with my own at all (especially the first episode where they were speaking about E3).

Edit: Woops, totally forgot about 8-4 Play. Not sure if it isn't counted like the Bombcast, seeing as it's on the site, but they put a pretty good show together.

#7 Posted by Pezen (1656 posts) -

Judging by my podcast app on the phone;

Games: Rebel FM, Idle Thumbs, Overkligt (Swedish) and the odd IGN podcast.

Comedy: The Comedy Button, Tack För Kaffet (Swedish), Cashing In With TJ Miller, Geniförklarat (Swedish), Nisse Och Den Där Äldre (Swedish), Comedy Bang Bang.

Interview: WTF with Marc Maron, Värvet (Swedish), Nerdist.

Documentary-ish: This American Life, Freakonomics, Star Talk.

Tech: Tested.

Though I can't say I religiously follow all of these. Some I catch up with once in a while and others I listen to weekly.

#8 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

Throwing Shade, dawg.

#9 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

@winsord: Ha I remember you a little from the site. It's not down forever but I doubt many will even care when it's back *shrug*. At least we basically get at least a reunion episode each year now.

#10 Posted by LTSmash (646 posts) -
  • Star Wars Minute
  • We Hate Movies
  • How Did This Get Made?
  • Hollywood Babble On
  • The Dead Authors Podcast
  • Nerd Poker
  • The Indoor Kids
  • Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
  • Aw Yeah Podcast
  • Good Job, Brain!
  • Doug Loves Movies
  • Fat Man on Batman
  • Comedy Bang Bang
  • Ken P.D. Snydecast
#11 Posted by BigJeffrey (5143 posts) -

I used to listen to all of them but now it's

• Bombcast
  • Tell Em Steve Dave
  • RT Podcast (only if Burnie is there)

that is about it.

#12 Posted by StudioErebus (45 posts) -

Comedy Bang Bang

Improv4Humans

How Did This Get Made?

Fatman On Batman, Smodcast, Kevin Pollak's Chat Show (I'll let these pile up and listen to a bunch in a row)

The Bombcast is the only current games podcast I listen to. Though old episodes of The Brodio and NDX are always in the rotation.

#13 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2964 posts) -

8-4 Play (games, Japan, and Japanese games)

Podtoid (ass, cock, and ass-cock jokes...some games too)

Game Scoop (The classic four people around a table podcast)

GameSpot Gameplay (A show that IS a game...a Game Show)

GeeksOn (monthly...but the back catalog of shows is WELL WORTH listening to now)

How Did this Get Made (Terrible old movies reviewed)

The Besties (Four of Earth's best friends discuss the week's new releases...and why not?)

PlayerOne Podcast (Just a great show about games.)

Joystiq

Weekend Confirmed (Garnett Lee, Jeff Cannata, and 'The escapists' Andrea Rene are a great mix...show can drag soem weeks...but a solid show with industry veterans.)

#14 Posted by BBAlpert (1562 posts) -

Where should I start with the Tested podcast? In chronological order from the first one on? In reverse order, from the most recent episode?

Or just jump around randomly?

#15 Edited by Benny (1955 posts) -

Can't believe I made it this far without seeing MBMBaM!

#16 Posted by Giefcookie (610 posts) -

My Brother, My Brother and Me and Sawbones. Just gotta get that McElroy.

#17 Posted by EXECSMOUGH (15 posts) -

GameScoop just doesn't interest me since they moved to video...I dunno, just don't like video podcasts, although I made an exception for Noobtoob.

#18 Posted by Itwongo (1235 posts) -

8-4 Play, Core Elements, Cartoon Book Club, This is only a Test.

#19 Posted by Mystyr_E (1205 posts) -

the old Invisible Walls

no offense to Ryan Stevens but Shane was way better at making interesting shows

#20 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1472 posts) -

Shit i listen to a ton of podcast...

Categories are very loose interpretations, all these podcast are very good in their own right

Video Game Podcast (ostensibly about video games)

• 8-4 Play
  • 4 Player Podcast
  • Epic Battle Axe
  • CAGcast
  • Idle Thumbs
  • Giant bombcast
  • Joystiq Podcast
  • The Besties
  • Podcast Beyond
  • Rebel Fm
  • Rooster Teeth Podcast
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Player One Podcast

Comedy Podcast

• Uhh Yeah Dude: 2 guys just talking about events going on in the world
  • The Comedy Button: Brap Brap
  • The Bugle: A audio newspaper for your ears featuring John Oliver
  • Internet Box: The first episode i listened to they talked about Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon and it was love ever since then
  • Mike and Tom Eat Snacks: Michael Ian Black and his friend Tom Eat snacks
  • The New York City Crime Report: Talking about weird crimes in New York
  • My Brother, My Brother, and ME
  • Geekbox

Informative / General Podcast

• Stuff You Should Know: Stuff you should know but dont
  • Stuff You Missed in History Class: Stuff you missed in history clas
  • SawBones: Justin Mccelroy and his wife talking medicine
  • Reasonable Doubts: Atheist News Show...very entertainign
  • Cognitive Dissonance: Atehist News Show...very entertaing
  • Operation Kino: Movie Reviews and a genral Topic each week
  • Tech Fetish: Fresca...
  • Mysterious Universe: Show about paranormal events and news, prodcution and entertainment are high...even if you dont beleive.
  • Skeptics Guide to the Universe

~38-40 hours a week, i dont always listen to them all

#21 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

Stuff You Should Know is by far my favorite podcast other than the Bombcast right now. Perfect for mindless gym sessions.

#22 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

8-4 Play (games, Japan, and Japanese games)

Podtoid (ass, cock, and ass-cock jokes...some games too)

Game Scoop (The classic four people around a table podcast)

GameSpot Gameplay (A show that IS a game...a Game Show)

GeeksOn (monthly...but the back catalog of shows is WELL WORTH listening to now)

How Did this Get Made (Terrible old movies reviewed)

The Besties (Four of Earth's best friends discuss the week's new releases...and why not?)

PlayerOne Podcast (Just a great show about games.)

Joystiq

Weekend Confirmed (Garnett Lee, Jeff Cannata, and 'The escapists' Andrea Rene are a great mix...show can drag soem weeks...but a solid show with industry veterans.)

To me Weekend Confirmed only works when Jeff Canatta is on it. And that one girl is hysterical. Whatserface. Nicole Zivalich. She's probably the funniest girl I hear, at this point in my life. Garnett lee is just an awful, awful host. The rant he did on Diablo 2, where he got so worked up that everybody in the room was, like, getting concerned about him was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on a podcast.

#23 Posted by Legion_ (1496 posts) -

Radioresepsjonen.

#24 Posted by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

Just Bombcast and Tell "Em Steve Dave. Only the best.

#25 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (513 posts) -

The Comedy Button weekly, and then I've listened to a bit of Rebel Fm and My Brother, My Brother, and Me. Both good.

#26 Posted by posh (523 posts) -
  • MBMAaM
  • Radiolab
  • Mega64
  • Tested
  • Idle Thumbs
  • Regular Features
  • Accidental Tech Podcast
  • By The Way with Jeff Garlin
  • The Talk Show with John Gruber

used to be a big hypercritical fan but unfortunately that ended.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15103 posts) -

You motherfuckers need to get on the Kevin Pereira's Pointless bandwagon. Seriously KP is awesome and genuinely funny when he doesn't have to be PG or follow a script. Absolutely my favorite podcast other than the bombcast at this point.

#28 Posted by notdavid (841 posts) -

Pretty much just Idle Thumbs and MBMBaM. I used to listen to the IGN casts, until Nintendo Voice Chat read a listener mail suggesting that they listen to the Giant Bombcast so they learn how to make less shitty podcasts. The rest is history.

#29 Posted by Fobwashed (2168 posts) -

My favorite non-gaming podcast is hands down 99 Percent Invisible

http://99percentinvisible.org/

It's a podcast that primarily focuses on architectural design but also branches out to design in other areas. The episodes are roughly 10 to 15 minutes a piece and are evergreen so you can jump around to the ones that interest you or just start from the beginning and never feel like you're missing something.

The most recent episode has to do with one of the guys behind those classic Looney Tunes cartoons (for those of you old enough to remember them). I'll rattle off a couple topics that may sound mundane but are actually really fascinating that he goes over in some of the episodes.

The Architect's Code and how it relates to architects who design prisons and how the architecture severely impact's prisoner's lives and well being. (Will make you reconsider how you're building your Prison Architect prisons =P)

No Armed Bandit. Ever wonder why there are cherries and fruits on slot machines? Or what those bars are? Lots of history on the mechanics of slot machines and how the smallest little thing on it is designed to separate you from your money while keeping you happy.

Game Changer. The story of basketball and how it went from peach baskets attached to the wall (which still had bottoms so ladders had to be used to retrieve the ball) up to the game it is now. The name is in reference to the one small rule change that converted boring games which had average scores in the low 20's to the fast paced games we have now where teams score 80+ points a game. Fascinating listen even for someone who doesn't give a crap about basketball. (me)

I could keep going but they're all pretty damn fascinating. Go listen for yourself =P

#30 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -
  • Art of Wrestling - Colt Cabanna
  • Steve Austin Show
#31 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -
#32 Edited by RockyRaccoon37 (468 posts) -

The Besties, My Brother My Brother and Me, Sawbones and Hardcore History

All are a MUST as far as I'm concerned.

#33 Edited by x0mb13 (32 posts) -

• Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
  • Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
  • Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
  • The Joe Rogan Experience
  • Radiolab
  • StarTalk
  • This American Life
  • WTF with Marc Maron

I work 10 hour overnight shifts in isolation with an hour long commute on either end.
I listen to ALOT of podcasts, currently subscribed to 23 but those listed are probably my favorites.

#34 Posted by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -

@benny said:

Can't believe I made it this far without seeing MBMBaM!

You. I like you.

#35 Posted by Nodima (1277 posts) -

Giant Bombcast

Interview Dumptruck

WTF With Marc Maron

Mohr Stories

The Adam Carolla Show

The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons

The Tony Kornheiser Show

ESPN Around the Horn

ESPN Pardon the Interruption

The Jalen Rose Report

Hollywood Prospectus

The Right Reasons Reality TV Podcast

Girls in Hoodies

occasionally Do You Like Prince Movies?

#36 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

little white earbuds is cool. just uninterrupted music so it's barely a podcast but whatever.

#37 Posted by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

BEYOND !

#38 Posted by GnomeonFire (776 posts) -

Rage Select, Giant Bombcast, A Couple of Cold Ones, The Morning Stream.

I used to listen to a lot more but for some reason stopped, these just stuck around for one reason or another.

#39 Posted by TheHBK (5554 posts) -

Some aren't podcasts as much as they are postings of radio or tv shows.

ESPNs First Take - Skip Bayless is the man.

The Steve Austin Show

This is only a Test

Loveline with Dr Drew and anyone else.

Don Tony and Kevin Castle - Great Wrestling Podcast

#40 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

This American Life and MBMBAM are the only two other podcasts I listen to since my lifestyle just isn't suitable for more than that.

#41 Posted by polaracorn (7 posts) -

Rooster Teeth Podcast/ThePatch

LaserTime/Vidjagame Apocalypse/Cape Crisis/VGMipre

Mega64 Podcast

#42 Posted by crimsinf (147 posts) -

@jazgalaxy said:

To me Weekend Confirmed only works when Jeff Canatta is on it. And that one girl is hysterical. Whatserface. Nicole Zivalich. She's probably the funniest girl I hear, at this point in my life. Garnett lee is just an awful, awful host. The rant he did on Diablo 2, where he got so worked up that everybody in the room was, like, getting concerned about him was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on a podcast.

A thousand times this.

#43 Edited by Briggs713 (223 posts) -

I listen to Judge John Hodgman pretty regularly. It's part of Maximum Fun, which includes My Brother, My Brother and Me, Sawbones, Wham Bam Pow! and some other good ones. I've been really enjoying Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler. She has a celebrity guest every week and digs into how they got their start (typically comedians but famous actors/athletes as well). Gaming wise, I stick to Bombcast, the Besties and the Super Joystiq podcast.

#44 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2400 posts) -

There are other podcasts?

#45 Posted by ScreamingGhost (216 posts) -

Rob Paulsens Talkin Toons

Thrilling Adventure Hour (Its more of a Radio Play then a Podcast I suppose)

Invisible Walls (ocassionally)

Nerdist Podcast (Depends on the Guest)

I'll have to check out the rest of the posters list, see if I can bump up my podcasts.

#46 Posted by Elwoodan (867 posts) -

This American Life, the Freakonomics Podcast, Harcore History, occasionally the Nerdist and Common Sense.

#47 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1280 posts) -

Hm, at this point probably Three Moves Ahead - that and the Bombcast are the only ones I'm still very excited to get to as soon as they are released each week.

Still listen to 8 - 4 Play, Gamers With Jobs and to some extent Weekend Confirmed on a relatively regular basis. A very short list compared to how much I went over board for a good long while. But I like it and the choice I've got now is pretty damn solid for my taste. Nothing will replace the glorious Brodeo though...

#48 Edited by Klaptos (182 posts) -

"Comedy Bang Bang" and "My Brother My Brother & Me".

#49 Posted by Fattony12000 (7594 posts) -

#50 Posted by w1n5t0n (174 posts) -

We Hate Movies, very funny podcast about bad movies. I recommend the hider in the house episode. In which Gary busey secretly lives in this couples attic.