Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

All of us here on Giant Bomb are familiar with podcasts to some extent. There a wonderful way to pass time on you're way to work, when you travel, or otherwise have long periods of time to spare. I listen to quite a few podcasts, but have a few that are considered my favorite. Obviously the Bombcast is a given.Besides that, what are some of you're favorite Podcasts? Can you recommend any good ones? Also, it doesn't have to be strictly gaming. A few of mine are The Comedy Button, Weekend Confirmed, Laser Time, and Rebel FM. All can be found on Itunes

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

I really only faithfully listen to the bombast. But once in awhile I do,listen to gamespot gameplay and I think it's quite good most of the time.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By tomance

Bombcast (obviously). This is Only a Test, Joe Rogan Experience, Still Untitled: Adam Savage Project, and the Comedy Button. Radio Lab too. There's a lot of podcasts I would listen to but there's just not enough time.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Christoffer

I listen to these podcasts during my weeks:

• The Bombcast (of course)
  • Mike and Tom eats snacks (Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh. Used to be weekly but it's quite Irregular now, sadly)
  • Stuff you should know (I've been listening to every episode since forever. It's just a habit now. I like the guys and I like learning about random stuff)
  • The Atheist Experience (I almost left this out becuase of political correctness. But I actually think it's a great podcast whether you're religious or not. If you like debating that is)
  • Freakonomics Radio (I think I will stop following this. It's been really hit or miss lately. Mostly miss.)
  • This is only a test (no need to introduce this one)
  • 8-4 podcast (it's about japania)

I also listen to a few swedish podcast that I wont bother to list.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zeforgotten

Same as the last thread, and the thread before it. 
The Game Station 
Cox N' Crendor 
Giant Bombcast 

In that order

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

Stuff You Should Know and Car Talk are the best podcasts of all podcasts.

+ Mysterious Universe.

I'm getting tired of the Bombcast, too many boring tangents.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penguindust
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
No Caption Provided

@ZeForgotten said:

Same as the last thread, and the thread before it. The Game Station Cox N' Crendor Giant Bombcast In that order

Sorry. I tried to look up if there we're any other threads and couldn't find them. I think it's still good to bring it back up though.It might let somebody find a podcast they never would've.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshthebear

Nerdist
Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana
The BS Report w/ Bill Simmons
Idle Thumbs

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xtrememuffinman
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Bombcast

This is only a Test

Sill Untitled: The Adam Savage Project

My Brother My Brother and Me

The Spill Podcasts: ACOCO, LDT, and LEOG. Remote Viewing would be too much for me and I don't listen to the Loading Bar because nobody there seems to know a lot about video games.

I just recently started Second Funniest Podcast because of this.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ThePickle

Harmontown, Comedy Bang Bang, Professor Blastoff, and Call Chelsea Peretti.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zeforgotten
@TheManWithNoPlan said:
No Caption Provided

@ZeForgotten said:

Same as the last thread, and the thread before it. The Game Station Cox N' Crendor Giant Bombcast In that order

Sorry. I tried to look up if there we're any other threads and couldn't find them. I think it's still good to bring it back up though.It might let somebody find a podcast they never would've.

It was more of a "the podcasts I listen to haven't really changed that much" thing.  
Alta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alta

Bombcast, Comedy Bang Bang, In Our Time, The Football Ramble and Filmspotting

I'll probably need to start listening to more than these thanks to my Euro Truck Simulator 2 addiction, perfect game to go with podcasts.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By Sergio

I only listen to the Giant Bombcast, 8-4 Play, /Filmcast, and Sword & Laser. Rest of the time I'm listening to music or audiobooks.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By recroulette

Man, this has changed quite a bit. I'll listen to the Bombcast regularly. Then sometimes This is Only a Test and the BS Report.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Since the last thread, no losses, one new entry (Cane & Rinse)...

"English Language:

Giant Bombcast (OF COURSE!)

Retronauts

Idle Thumbs

A Life Well Wasted

Wired's Game_Life Audio Podcast

1UP.com - Active Time Babble

8-4 Play

Double Fine Action Cast

Insert Credit

Cane & Rise

German Language:

Stay Forever

Der GameOne-Plauschangriff

Der play³-Podcast"

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Rebel FM, Game Scoop, Podcast Beyond, Weekend Confirmed, The Verge Mobile Show, The Vergecast, My Brother My Brother and Me, The Besties, Stuff You Missed In History Class, Tech Stuff, Nerdist, Tell Em Steve Dave, Smodcast, SMidnight, FEaB, Stuff They Don't Want You To Know, The Comedy Button, The GameSpy Debriefings, Super Nintendo Voice Chat, Podcast Unlocked, This American Life, Crackberry.com Podcast, WPCentral Podcast, Giant Bombcast, The Drunk Tank

IgualATres (youtube)..

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tunaburn

adam carolla and joe rogan

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Bombcast, 40K Radio is entertaining as hell, Tested podcast, Comic Vine podcast, MBMBAM, 8-4Play, Stop Podcasting Yourself, Top Score, a few others.

Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wrect

Giant Bombcast, The Besties, IGN Gamescoop.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShaggE

Changed a bit since the last thread.

My current regulars are: Bombcast, MBMBaM, Comedy Button, Besties, Yeah It's That Bad, and We Hate Movies.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Can anyone recommend podcasts that are about older games, pc games, or particularly talk about indie games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast

Laser Time

Cheap Popcast

Film Junk

8-4 Play

MBMBAM

Mysterious Universe

Tell 'em Steve-Dave

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

This Is Only A Test, GFW Radio, Irrational Behavior, PCGamer, Geekbox

@9cupsoftea: Rebel FM is pretty good sometimes

Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

Doug Loves Movies, You Made It Weird, and the Nerdist if they have an appealing guest.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Milkman

I feel like we have this thread once every three months. Anyway, 

• Giant Bombcast (obvs)
  • Comedy Bang Bang
  • Art of Wrestling
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me (though I'm really behind on this)
I used to listen to 8-4 Play and This Is Only A Test but when my time for listening to podcasts got dramatically reduced I had to cut both of these.
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidS
  • Bombcast
  • The Dave Dameshek Football Program
  • Adam Carolla Show
  • Vergecast
  • Sklarbro Country

Have stopped listening to This is Only a Test a while ago as I found it to be too slanted towards Apple talk though I like the personalities.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Axe Factor they have a real passion for gaming and most of the time there interested in the same games as me they having really good discussions.

IGN gamescoop is ok usually just watch it then listen to it.

Marcus Beer the annoyed gamer not really a podcast but one of my favorite video segments.

PC gamer podcast really boring sometimes but other times great.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PillClinton

Bombcast

This Is Only a Test (although increasingly less often, as Gary's been gone fucking forever, Will's on paternity leave, and while I like Norm, Wes, and Joey, none of them have enough personality to make the podcast listenable for me.)

Star Talk Radio

Hospital Records Podcast

Toolroom Knights

Joe Rogan Experience

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Hunter5024

My job gives me a lot of free time for podcasting, so I try out different stuff all the time. On my ipod right now are the Bombcast, This American Life, 8-4, both Comicvine podcasts, mbmbam, and Dungeons and Doritos. I've looked very hard for a movie podcast too, but I just can't find any critics who have good taste, and they often talk about movies I have no desire to see.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By natedawg_kz

Podcast Beyond

TGS Podcast

Roosterteeth Podcast (not really game related)

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By ProfessorEss

MBMBaM. 

And I'm really warming up to The Besties.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By Nev

I quite like the 'Giant Bombcast', I highly suggest it for anyone who is a fan of Giant Bomb.

But yes, I only listen to the Bombcast really, and I previously regularly listened to This is Only a Test, but the lack of Gary of late has caused me to get a bit behind on it.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By dichemstys

Old Retronauts.

Retro. Fucking. Nauts.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#38  Edited By BeachThunder
  • This American Life
  • Stuff You Should Know
  • RadioLab
casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By casper_

i like mbmbam and this history podcast called the ancient world

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Miketakon

Mega64

Bombcast

GFW re-runs

The Comedy Button

Lazer Time

Tell em Steve Dave

HAWPcast

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PillClinton

@Hunter5024 said:

My job gives me a lot of free time for podcasting, so I try out different stuff all the time. On my ipod right now are the Bombcast, This American Life, 8-4, both Comicvine podcasts, mbmbam, and Dungeons and Doritos. I've looked very hard for a movie podcast too, but I just can't find any critics who have good taste, and they often talk about movies I have no desire to see.

Yeah, movie podcasts can be tough. I've yet to find a good regular as well; it used to be the Screened podcast, but that blew the fuck up, unfortunately.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Roger_Klotz

Bombcast, Penn Sunday School, The Drunk Tank (Rooster Teeth Podcast), This is only a Test, Mega64

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hunter5024

@PillClinton said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Yeah, movie podcasts can be tough. I've yet to find a good regular as well; it used to be the Screened podcast, but that blew the fuck up, unfortunately.

Same here, I think the fact that they didn't come from movie backgrounds gave them a huge advantage because it allowed them to be more in touch with real audiences.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By DarthOrange

Podcast Beyond and Keepin' it Reel. Every once in a while I'll listen to Laser Time and Cape Crisis as well. The bombcast is waaay to long for me to listen to and it often drags on the most mundane topics.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By super2j

giantbomb, tested when they have cool 3rd wheels. Comedy bang band, caped crisis, lasertime, mbmbam.

and my new obsession: how did this get made. Its a hilarious podcast about the worst movies with Paul sheer, Jason Manzukis (i think he was Borat) and June,

so great.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zekhariah

Gaming wise, I mostly like the obvious suspects (Gamers with Jobs, Weekend Confirmed, Quarter to Three, 8-4, Bombcast, etc).

Getting away from that, I think these are good:

The Skeptics Guide to the Universe - The topics are always drawn from science, skepticism, and general anti-quackery related to current events/trends. And sometimes particular scientific topics are covered in detail if they are items that are frequently misunderstood. Several of the people on it are MDs, so crackpot medical items tend to get mentioned (and appropriately bludgeoned).

Sword and Laser Podcast - Fantasy and Sci-Fi book coverage. Their main thing is a online show (that is also pretty decent), but you get a lot of good suggestions just out of the audio companion podcast.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MiniPato

@Hunter5024 said:

@PillClinton said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Same here, I think the fact that they didn't come from movie backgrounds gave them a huge advantage because it allowed them to be more in touch with real audiences.

Eh, well the bombcew often hates games I love and love games I don't care for, doesn't stop me from listening to them. For me, podcasts are all about personality, chemistry, and delivery instead whether or not their tastes line up with mine.

Behind the Screened Door just never did anything for me. For as good writers as Rorie and Alex are individually and as entertaining their video features were, I just never found the podcasting chemistry between the two to be all that entertaining. From what few episodes I listened to, I often found the conversations to entail Alex talking a long time about something and then Rorie going "yeah that is interesting" or "hum..." and then move on to another subject without pursuing further conversation on the subject. And each time either of them would try to make a joke, they'd just leave eachother hanging without a followup. Either Rorie will go "humm..." when Alex tries to start a joke or when Rorie tries to start a joke, Alex will think he's being serious.

@SethPhotopoulos said:

The Spill Podcasts: ACOCO, LDT, and LEOG. Remote Viewing would be too much for me and I don't listen to the Loading Bar because nobody there seems to know a lot about video games.

Yeah I've been listening to their audio reviews. I find them to be the equivalent of Giant Bomb for movies in that they are 4 guys who are good friends and have good chemistry and have entertaining conversation. They all have different tastes and often have opposing opinions which leads to some good back and forth debate exploring different pros and cons in a film. Though they do play up for laughs more so than the bombcast. I listen to ACOCO and LDT too.

I can't fucking stand The Loading Bar guys though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hunter5024

@MiniPato: Yeah I definitely don't think it was perfect or anything, it was only on the episodes where they got a third person in the room that it really was everything it could be, because that would drum up the energy a bit. And I don't necessarily think that their tastes have to align with mine to make it entertaining, but listening to a movie podcast where they talk about movies I don't want to see, reference movies I haven't heard of, and gloss over the films I find interesting totally sucks.

Juxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Juxter

Giant bombcast, No agenda, the morning stream, security now. those are my four mainstays.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Residentrevil2
  • Bombcast
  • almost everything on the SModcast network
  • Spill podcasts
  • Roosterteeth Podcast
  • Mohr Stories (Put your name on it!)
  • MonsterTalk
  • CAGcast
  • the JV Club
  • MBMBAM podcast
  • Almost every IGN Podcast
  • WTF with Marc Maron
  • Super Joystiq Podcast

Those are my favorites... I've got more, but I don't keep up with those. I loved walking around my University campus, watching people stare at me whenever I laughed. Too bad, I graduated.