Favorite Quentin Tarantino movie?

• 92 results
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Poll Favorite Quentin Tarantino movie? (378 votes)

Reservoir Dogs 18%
Pulp Fiction 35%
Jackie Brown 8%
Kill Bill 14%
Death Proof 0%
Inglourious Basterds 12%
Django Unchained 8%
I dislike all his movies because I have no taste 2%
I have never seen any of his movies and don't know what I am missing 1%

• 
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Pulp Fiction gonna run away with this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT
  1. Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Jackie Brown
  5. Reservoir Dogs
  6. Deathproof
  7. Django Unchained
Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Pulp Fiction is his objectively best film.

All the others are ranging from good to awesome, I don't think Tarantino made a bad film yet (and I'm including Four Rooms, his segment was pretty fun)

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monetarydread

Why so little Jackie Brown love? Thats the most badass film QT has ever directed (True Romance is still my favourite QT script).

This clip might be a bit of a spoiler, but a good example of Bobby De Niro being a scumbag.

Loading Video...

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I dunno. I kind of like them all. Django Unchained was pretty darn great. Seeing a racist Don Johnson will never not be funny. Also: "I can't see fucking shit in this thing" was hilarious.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are his best films but Kill Bill (1 and 2) are my favorite.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@theht:

I could not disagree more. Django is his best film yet with Reservoir Dogs a close second. That Candyland shootout was even better than the Crazy 88 fight in Kill Bill.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill Vol 1 > Inglourious Basterds > Django Unchained > Kill Bill Vol 2. Still haven't gotten around to seeing Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, or Death Proof.

Pulp Fiction is in my top 5 films of all time.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reservoir Dogs, Django Unchained and Pulp Fiction are a close one two three, in that order, for me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can I cheat and say From Dusk Till Dawn?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Inglorious

Django

Jackie Brown

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colony024

Yup, Pulp Fiction remains my number one, with Reservoir Dogs & Jackie Brown sharing second place.

@rafaelfc said:
I don't think Tarantino made a bad film yet

I don't know man, I love most of his work, but with Deathproof I have the distinct impression I just wanted to like it because it was the new Tarantino film when I first saw it. On repeat viewings though, I don't think it really holds up all that great. Doesn't help that Rodriguez's Planet Terror was way more fun either, considering they were released as a double feature.

On a sort of related tangent; My 64 year old mum, who generally really dislikes anything violent, foulmouthed, or otherwise offensive, recently asked me to bring home my Kill Bill DVD, so we could watch it together. She'd seen a clip of it on TV and thought it looked intriguing. I warned her it might not be the film she thought it'd be, but she insisted, so I took it over, we watched it, and she absolutely loved it. And then, when I asked her how come she liked it so much, despite all the cursing and violence, she said it was because beneath all that, it all came down to motherly love in the end.

Edit: Ow, and his cameo in the Muppet Wizard of Oz film was terrible. Then again, that whole film was terrible.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FrostyRyan

True mark of QT's craftsmanship? The fact that every time this question gets asked, you'll get a wide range of answers. One person's favorite may be another's least favorite may be someone elses middle favorite may be someone elses 2nd to last favorite.

The man just doesn't make bad movies, Hell, he doesn't even make good movies, He only makes movies ranging from great to outstanding.

My order is...

1. Kill Bill

2. Inglourious Basterds

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. Django Unchained

5. Pulp Fiction

6. Death Proof

7. Jackie Brown

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HH

i think Pulp Fiction is great, Reservoir Dogs is damn fine, Inglorious Basterds is pretty good, Django Unchained is okay, Jackie Brown is poor, Death Proof is lame, and Kill Bill is fucking awful.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

1. Jackie Brown
  2. Inglorious Bastards
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Reservoir Dogs
  5. Kill Bill
  6. Django Unchained
  7. Death Proof

Boo Yah!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jackie Brown is his best and it has one of the best opening credits scenes in the history of movies.

Loading Video...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hahaha Death Proof hahahaha

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Reservoir Dogs is technically the most recent one I've seen but I sorta liked the simplicity of it compared to his other movies.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

Kill Bill is fucking awful.

I think you need to watch more actually awful movies

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Django Unchained, probably. In fact, that's maybe the only film of his that I can say that I honestly loved, apart from Kill Bill Vol. 1. I just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time only a few months ago, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it and fully understand why it's regarded so highly, I really think it has mostly to do with the time it came out. Since then, Tarantino has taken the best elements of that movie and made them better in other movies, even if the other movies were not better films overall. The story in Pulp Fiction also seems utterly pointless. It's more like a collection of really cool scenes that leads nowhere.

Never seen Resevoir Dogs or Jackie Brown. Kill Bill Vol. 2 was a huge disappointment after loving the first. Those movies were an epic build-up to a totally anti-climactic end. Inglourious Basterds was alright...it certainly had its moments of brilliance but it left a bit to be desired. Death Proof, despite its cool and lengthy car chase, is fucking garbage.

I like Tarantino's style more than I do the films that encompass that style. I think he's still getting better, though. Django has the best told story out of anything he's done so far, and I don't think the storytelling in that film compromised his trademark techniques in the slightest.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By BulletproofMonk
  1. Jackie Brown
  2. Kill Bill
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Death Proof
  5. Django Unchained
  6. Inglorious Basterds
  7. Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown and Kill Bill are definite favorites. Pulp, Django and Death Proof I could switch around depending on mood. Inglorious Basterds I like less every time I watch it (though still good), and Reservoir Dogs does not hold up at all.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are amazing. I enjoyed his more recent movies, but they feel overproduced as hell. I almost want him to have less tech and money again....

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackie Brown was the last time Taratino's characters felt like human beings. The final scene with Jackie at the end is amazing and he still hasn't topped it.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kill Bill

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. Jackie Brown

5. Can't pick between Death Proof, Django Unchained, and Inglorious Basters. Probably same quality.

Kill Bill is hard to compete with, a movie with so much style its unbelievable, from that famous gory scene(crazy 88) to the flashbacks with the White Lotus, the anime scene, god... just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again.

Pulp fiction vs Reservoir dogs is tough but in the end Pulp Fiction comes on top for the script. I think the setup in in Reservoir Dogs is more interesting but the script and its delivery in Pulp Fiction kind of wins over. Though compared to Kill Bill, the filming style is boring in both.

Jackie Brown is good in both categories but excels in neither its just a good movie.

Death Proof has cool characters, very cool chicks especially the contrast of the two groups of girls. Inglorious bastards has one of the best scenes in Cinema History, the very first scene, so well done so fluid and all but it all kind of goes downhill from there. Django is just a badass movie and its great fun but not much going on in any category.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Reservoir Dogs is the only one I truly enjoyed. Django Unchained was cool but sometimes the violence was a bit too much for me, and i thought Pulp Fiction was just a waste of time.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basterds and Jackie Brown are real good movies. Pulp Fiction deserves plenty of notice due to being quite a revolutionary film but it doesn't quite hold up today. The rest I prefer to not speak of unless forced to.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I came to the realization a few months ago that Tarantino has now made more movie I dislike than those I think are amazing; Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Reservoir Dogs are all amazing.

I also love Death Proof; that may be the gearhead in me talking, I realize the story isn't that great but I think that film is a collection of amazing scenes.

My favourite thing he's been involved with was True Romance, that movie was amazing and I think it's aged better than Pulp Fiction.

Jackie Brown was his best soundtrack by far and I like all of them.

Not sure how much he contributed to Natural Born Killers but that one was also great, though it's aged poorly.

Everything else he has done, basically everything from the last 15 years excluding Deathproof has not been to my taste at all; Mostly boring with random spurts of violence.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Inglorious Basterds was the first time I felt like he'd grown into a truly great director. I love Pulp Fiction, but he's grown and grown over the years. I don't think that movie even compares to something as wonderfully crafted as Kill Bill or Basterds. Django is an incredibly messed up cartoon.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HH
@frostyryan said:

@hh said:

Kill Bill is fucking awful.

I think you need to watch more actually awful movies

i've seen plenty of awful movies, and very few come anywhere near as indulgent as Kill Bill. sequences that drag on and on and on, in a nod to Leone of course, but without any tension or purpose, just because that's what he wants to do, really poor fight direction, an attempted nod to hong kong kung fu movies, the worst examples of which at the very least have impressive choreography. Tarantino is at his best in conversation pieces, whether they're between friends or enemies he excels at face-offs based on solidly scripted material, and he's at his worst when he goes wandering into his own love of film lore with too much money to spend. Over-indulgence is a trap many successful film-makers fall into - look at Interstellar, would a plot like that have gotten the green light, nevermind that kind of budget, if that Nolan guy wasn't beyond second-guessing by the execs at the time? - and Kill Bill is the worst offender in my book, one of the worst times i've ever had in the cinema, he's having fun, but he's showing off, and it's not even good moves he's using to do it, that endless ugly montage of the stupid swords... my god.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Justin258

I like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Inglorious Basterds a lot. Kill Bill is good, but I cannot for the life of me recall much of the second movie even though I can clearly recall quite a bit of the first.

Django Unchained isn't a bad movie but I didn't get quite the same sense of tension from it. It's a far less complex movie than Inglorious Basterds - fewer characters and only one storyline to follow - and it just feels spread out too thin.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Technically not a full Tarantino movie but I gotta give some love to Four Rooms (Tarantino's room)!

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By triplestan

Reservoir Dogs was my favorite until I recently watched Jackie Brown - I had no expectations for it and it blew me away. Pulp Fiction is a great movie but I felt like it had been talked up for me a bit too much (I came to Tarantino pretty late). Inglorious Basterds was my first Tarantino and while I really enjoyed it, it seemed to fall apart a bit as it went along. For Kill Bill I have no strong opinions either way, and Death Proof I actively disliked. Django is still in my pile of shame.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Nasar7
  1. Jackie Brown
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Django Unchained
  4. Kill Bill
  5. Death Proof
  6. Reservoir Dogs
  7. Inglorious Basterds
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Reservoir Dogs
  3. Inglorious Basterds
  4. Django Unchained
  5. True Romance (yeah I count this one)
  6. Kill Bill
  7. Death Proof
  8. Jackie Brown

All of his movies are great.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By civid

1. Inglorious Basterds

2. Pulph Fiction (depends on my mood though, IB and PF are both some of my favorite films of all time!)

3. Jackie Brown

4. Kill Bill Vol 1

5. Reservoir Dogs

6. Django Unchained

7. Kill Bill Vol 2

8. Deathproof

I never saw Kill Bill as one movie, the two parts are just so vastly different both in pacing and overall quality. Death proof is the only one I dislike, Django is a fucking riot, but it goes on for way to long and doesn't really nail the aestethic of the old spagghetti westerns. Really excited for Hateful Eight, it sounds like something that might be closer to an old school Western (though I guess IB is basically a western).

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Definitely Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pulp Fiction

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pulp Fiction is the greatest movie ever made, and thus the best movie tarantino has made as well.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@hh: I really liked Interstellar. It's pretty funny that you name-drop it like everyone reacted to it the same way. Maybe the Hobbit would have been a little more on point? Or the Star Wars prequels?

I voted Pulp Fiction, because I like about 80% of that movie and basically don't like anything else by Tarantino that I've seen. I tend to like the build-up in his movies, all the dialogue and the interesting ideas that are bandied about, but it always seems to resolve into scenes of "cool guys" triumphing against impossible odds through ultraviolence. I might not have as much of a problem with that if I thought his main characters were actually cool.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HH

@veektarius: yeh maybe you're right, but i just couldn't believe the plot holes in Interstellar, like the dudes couldn't tell the planet with giant waves had giant waves before they landed? either by consulting their knowledge of gravity and astrophysics, or by, ye know, looking? it's like the script didn't get vetted once, or got pushed through on the basis that 'it's just a movie'.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why so little Jackie Brown love? Thats the most badass film QT has ever directed (True Romance is still my favourite QT script).

This clip might be a bit of a spoiler, but a good example of Bobby De Niro being a scumbag.

Loading Video...

Yup, Jackie Brown is often one of the more overlooked Tarantino films. I love Pulp Fiction quite a lot but Jackie Brown sits firmly on top of that movie at #1 for me. I prefer Sam Jackson's character in it than in Pulp Fiction too

Street Life, motherfucker!

Loading Video...

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By goreyfantod

@milkman said:

Jackie Brown is his best and it has one of the best opening credits scenes in the history of movies.

Loading Video...

Yes, yes - a thousand times yes.

It's no coincidence that the script for 'Jackie Brown' is based on an Elmore Leonard novel. Tarantino didn't write it from scratch, so his usual excess was restricted by the limits of the source material. I think time will continue to be kinder to JB than to any of the films that Tarantino wrote & directed.

Also, two words: Pam Grier.

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think pulp fiction is his best, but the question was favourite so i chose jackie brown

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not wached Jackie Brown but from the others:

Reservoir Dogs, i'm actually kind of bummed that to me his first movie is the best because i've been forever kindofdissapointed with every other

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has reminded me of 3 things;

1) I've still never seen Jackie Brown, I should probably get around to doing that at some point.

2) I can barely remember anything that happened in Django Unchained despite the fact that I remember enjoying it at the time.

3) I am the only person in the world who likes Death Proof

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Kill Bill is still number one, but The Hateful 8 could top it because of my love of westerns.

Still waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. Come on Tarantino

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sinusoidal

Reservoir Dogs is forever ruined for me because some idiot in university with me when it came out rented it, stole it and watched it I-shit-you-not something like a hundred times and would constantly, CONSTANTLY quote the fucking thing. He started dressing like the characters.

I (unpopularly) voted for Death Proof. More than any of his other films, it's a pastiche of movies that influenced him. I also really enjoy that it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is something I thought RD, PF, JB and KB did. Basterds almost didn't feel like a QT movie to me, but it was really well done, and I haven't seen Django yet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I still admire how he did so much with so little in Reservoir Dogs. I mean the entire movie was basically one set outside of the restaurant and a few brief external shots. I mean, it was a fucking heist movie where you never even SAW the heist. It dealt with the aftermath which I thought was way way more interesting. Also, its the last time Micheal Madsen was actually good in anything. His role as Mr. Blonde was fantastic.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all my children. One thing I love about Tarantino is that he wears his influences on his sleeve. I'm expecting Hateful 8 to be full-on Sam Peckinpah era Wild Bunch.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True Romance (writing credits) ... I know I am inviting ridicule, but I'm not much of a fan otherwise.