• 143 results
#1 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
Washington Post Article

The Vault has been showing that there was something shady going around with Aliens back then, and that the USAF did find someone not of Earth.  

"It reads: “An investigator for the Air Forces stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots."

Bring on the nutters that have been saying this was true for years! 

Now then, who wants to believe?

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'll call Mulder. Be back soon.

#3 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Well that's really, really interesting. The FBI has more or less said "yeah we have no comment on that report," but still....interesting.

#4 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

If you read the memo it sounds like the actual official is quoting an unnamed informant. The informant is probably full of shit.

#5 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

o_O

To be completely fair that memo is only describing what the USAF investigator said, doesn't mean it's true. It is definitely a little on the creepy side though.
#6 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think so.

#7 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

The FBI are trollin'...
#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -

Nahhh cmon now.

#9 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -

I only care if the legend that is Jeff Goldblum was there.

#10 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

I totally believe there is life "out there", but if you're gonna sit here and argue that there is other life here on Earth then you'd better come to the table with something more concrete than "some guy said this".

#11 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

# When the Zetas fill the skies, it's just your Government in disguise. # 

#12 Posted by Prince_of_Space (82 posts) -

This memo is actually referring to a crash which supposedly occurred in 1948 near Aztec, New Mexico.  The informant referred to in the memo was probably receiving testimony from one Silas Newton, a noted conman and "unethical businessman" . You can read a good breakdown of the case here.

#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Prince_of_Space: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT A RUSE BY THE GOVERNMENT?!  

DO YOU WANT TO BELIEVE?!
#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7049 posts) -

I think it would be really cool if it was true, but I doubt it.

#15 Posted by Agent47 (1901 posts) -
@extremeradical: Care to elaborate?
#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11456 posts) -

I know I want to believe, but something seems fishy here...

#17 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

I don't believe.

#18 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -
@Agent47 said:
" @extremeradical: Care to elaborate? "
It just seems like the investigator was crazy. That's all.
#19 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" I don't believe. "
#20 Posted by Spiritof (2084 posts) -

#21 Edited by Mikemcn (7011 posts) -

I mean, if thats a legit report... but... aliens, i mean... how, im not ready for this. 

But whether its true or not, this isn't a made up testimony, so someone, who was supposedly credible, honestly thought this was real.

#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@abdo said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
" I don't believe. "
"

This was a post, on AboveTopSecret 
For people who don't know ABS is a conspiracy nutter's wetdream forum.  But the chick does make a valid point.

I for one believe in aliens.  I see loads of illegal aliens in the city everyday.
#23 Posted by super2j (1752 posts) -

if it were true, we would have seen some of the technology by now. Even it it was faint there should be something thats sooo unique that its hard to believe we came up with it. But i cant think of anything like that.Aliens may very well exist, but humanoids coming to earth 70yrs ago.... hard to believe

#24 Posted by Agent47 (1901 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Me too *fingers crossed*.
#25 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@super2j said:

" if it were true, we would have seen some of the technology by now. "

Hi? 
The F-22 is at least 50 years ahead of every jet out there, and is owned by the USAF.  It's unbeatable, undetectable, and is the closest thing to an X-Wing fighter.  No other plane comes anywhere near close to it and it was started in the 80s.  To this date, no country has come remotely close to the technology in this.
#26 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@super2j: Are you being sarcastic?
#27 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
#28 Posted by Prince_of_Space (82 posts) -
@KaosAngel: There is nothing otherworldly about the F-22. It is undoubtedly a high-performance vehicle, but it's a product of bloated Cold War military spending.  No other nation has matched the F-22 because they lack the money and the need to do so.
#29 Edited by mnzy (2920 posts) -

I think all those hardcore religious people would have a roblem explaining their thing. Or maybe not, they can probably find a vague line that explains why their old book still is important.

#30 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

I miss the x-files :/ at least up to around season 5ish

#31 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @super2j said:

" if it were true, we would have seen some of the technology by now. "

Hi? 
The F-22 is at least 50 years ahead of every jet out there, and is owned by the USAF.  It's unbeatable, undetectable, and is the closest thing to an X-Wing fighter.  No other plane comes anywhere near close to it and it was started in the 80s.  To this date, no country has come remotely close to the technology in this. "
Uh, no, not quite.  For an aircraft sporting alien technology, the government certainly is distributing its production across many, many companies.  This form of production would be rather inefficient for maintaining secrecy.  Also didn't Russia disclose a while back their latest air superiority fighter was going into production, and even informally dubbed it the "Raptor Killer"?  Also, considering the fact that the stealth technology in the F-117 and B-2 came into existence a good decade before the F-22, the advanced tech in the Raptor is not inconsistent with the time frame of technological advancements either.
#32 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

Shit just got REAL.

#33 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Neither the document nor the article confirms a UFO or aliens. The writer of the article even goes out of the way to make that point. The agent is simply restating second hand rumors from an "informant".

#34 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" I miss the x-files :/ at least up to around season 5ish "
Good news!  That shit on Netflix now.

@Turambar: Well, you could say that the F-117 and the stealth technology before that, and NASA technology from the 50s were all from aliens?  Who knows, maybe we went to the moon not by man-made inventions but by aliens.
#35 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
#36 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" I miss the x-files :/ at least up to around season 5ish "
Good news!  That shit on Netflix now.

@Turambar: Well, you could say that the F-117 and the stealth technology before that, and NASA technology from the 50s were all from aliens?  Who knows, maybe we went to the moon not by man-made inventions but by aliens.
"
Considering the science behind the F-117 is actually very well documented, I wouldn't say that at all.
#37 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Turambar: GOD DAMNIT!  WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BELIEVE?!
#38 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I don't believe it, just a cover story for all the glowing orbs flying around at the time. It's a spritual entity and doesn't land and stuff, not an object. But some many ppl wants to believe because they see something flying around. I don't believe anything the u.s government says, or on the news either. But at least the government is making things more transparent by letting ppl see some of it's document. They classifed 16 million documents this year, but now they are letting you see some of it now.

#39 Edited by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

" @Turambar: GOD DAMNIT!  WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BELIEVE?! "

Give this book a read.  Its pretty interesting, informative, and helped me write some papers back in high school.

And the bottom line is this.  Any alien encounters where people seem to describe them as having similar attire to our own astronauts or what not is probably gonna be BS.  I remember this conspiracy theory nut back in college would mention about this tomb excavated in South America with a mural on the wall that bore very close similarities to the speeders from Star Wars.  When stuff from half a galaxy away is somehow similar to what we see here on this planet, ITS NOT GONNA BE REAL.
#40 Posted by august (3861 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Any civilization that can travel between solar systems will have tech that makes the F-22 look like stone hammer. If the F-22 ran on antimatter or used wormholes to travel or some shit like that maybe that would be a sign that alien tech was used in its construction.
#41 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

I for one welcome our future alien overlords with open arms.

#42 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

I'm not saying they don't exist. But I'm going to need pictures to believe this memo.

#43 Posted by DrBendo (240 posts) -
@animathias:

Quite wrong.
Even if is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt tomorrow that there has been extensive alien contact with Earth, those who believe it today are no less foolish. They aren't nutters because they're wrong, they're nutters because they believe something without adequate evidence. Many imbeciles think that they have a "system" to maximize their odds in the lottery. Surely, some of these prats have won. It does not mean that their system worked.

The exact truth is less relevant than the approach one takes to discern truth. Those who forsake solid evidence (which is independent of anecdotal, uncorroborated bullshit) in favor of wishful thinking are stupid, even if their wish comes true. 
#44 Posted by Vrikk (933 posts) -

SEE I TOLD YOU. THE GOVERNMENT WANTS YOUR MIND MAN.

#45 Posted by BrickRoad (704 posts) -

UFOs are real. They're unidentified, that's all. Doesn't mean they're aliens. I do think we're not alone, but it's more likely to be microscopic life than super beings who can fly across galaxies, but for some reason crash into earth at every chance.

I'm sure goverments across the world have experimented with various shaped aircraft. The nazi's made UFO shaped planes on purpose, but the had very poor control. These 3 foot high beings dressed in earthlike fabrics are suspiciously non-alien like to me.

Until the respective governments of the world go 'look, it's real, damn it!' I'll continue to shrug off any suggestion this planet has been visited by aliens.

#46 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@super2j said:
" if it were true, we would have seen some of the technology by now. Even it it was faint there should be something thats sooo unique that its hard to believe we came up with it. But i cant think of anything like that.Aliens may very well exist, but humanoids coming to earth 70yrs ago.... hard to believe "
Computers. Think about it.
#47 Posted by GalacticPunt (1092 posts) -

For those who are saying, "It's some anonymous informant with no credibility." could you explain why that is?  I went to the FBI's site and read the PDF.  My understanding is the source is a US Air Force investigator with his name redacted.  He shared some basic info with another government agency: "FYI, we (the USAF) have three crashed saucers and nine bodies." 

There is no claim whether the bodies are alien or not.  That wasn't deemed necessary to share with the FBI.  But I see this as an inter-department memo.  The Air Force is sharing background information with the FBI, so if the FBI comes across reports of anything similar they will contact the USAF.  Example: someone contacts the FBI saying they have a crazed midget or "little green man" trapped in their basement.  The USAF investigator should be included, as such a case may pertain to exotic downed aircraft, under jurisdiction of the Air Force.

If anyone has a link showing the informant was just some random drunk, I'd like to see it.

#48 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

So how long until we find Prothean technology on Mars and discover Mass Relays?

#49 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

Did we at least get their spaceships?  It would help a lot in my scheme to take over the earth and force people to start up space colonization.

If you don't want to be progressive, I'll force you to be.
#50 Edited by Insectecutor (1203 posts) -

The guy was crazy, mistaken, or deliberately filed this a couple of days before April 1st. The handwritten 4-1 at the top near the date kinda suggests it arrived on it's intended recipients desk on that date. Well played.

I don't see why any aliens would find it necessary to alert the FBI to their presence any more than I find it necessary to tell the snails about the curvature of the Earth.