Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1258 posts) -
#1 Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1258 posts) -
#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Sweet, a new episode and game.

edit: Gross, the black reference levels of the recording are way off. I can get past the fact that this isn't the proper PC version, but shit everything's soooo gray.

#3 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

sweet i love these

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Ah, good. FEAR wasn't all that scary having a gun with a steady amount of ammo and whatnot.

#5 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Woop!

#6 Edited by Yummylee (22534 posts) -

Part 1? Thought you said Doom 3 would be a single episode entry. :o I just want you guys to get into Condemned; I'm playing through the sequel again (never played the original, though) and if the first condemned is anything like the sequel then it'll make for some hilarious reactionary ''OH NOOoooOOO'' 's. 

EDIT: Also the Condemned games totally have the same fizzy drink brands from FEAR, too! Same developer, I know, but still when I noticed those vending machines as I was going through a mind-trip in the SCU offices, my eyes exploded.

#7 Posted by sirdesmond (1262 posts) -

Ah, Doom 3 - Master of Monster Closets and Forced Jump-scares through Unrealistic Future Flashlight Technology.

#8 Posted by D_W (1197 posts) -

Wow the Xbox version is so different from the PC one. They definitely cut out the outside section.

#9 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Oh good, a new spook look.

#10 Posted by RadixNegative2 (526 posts) -

It's too bad this isn't the PC version. The xbox version is half as scary as the pc version (at least it was for me).

#11 Posted by Zippedbinders (1034 posts) -

I can guess why its the Xbox version, but I would have loved this to have been the PC version instead, seems more faithful to the Doom 3 experience than the Xbox port.

#12 Posted by Yummylee (22534 posts) -

Ouch, a lockup? No wonder this game has to be split up between episodes then, only just reached the actual part of the game that matters. I am also genuinely surprised that this is an original Xbox game. For starters, it looks pretty decent judging from its age, and for some unexplainable reason I've always just believed that Doom 3 was one of the first ever 360 games.

#13 Posted by prestonhedges (1961 posts) -

"We're playing the XBOX version."

*stops video*

#14 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

should have played it on the PC haha...

#15 Posted by BrickRoad (704 posts) -

I can see the back of the box quote now...

"This game just pops off on the xbox... and locks up on the xbox." - Matt Kessler [GiantBomb.com]

#16 Posted by mak_wikus (562 posts) -

Oh, man. You should've played FEAR for another five minutes and you'd shit yourselves. Also, when you have a choice between PC and first Xbox, please, choose PC. It was primary platform for Doom 3(and FEAR) and it looks MUCH better on pee-cee.

#17 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

Nicely done with the "let the record show" bit, Kessler.

Yeah, this game looked AMAZING when it came out. Clearly, a lot has changed in the last 7 years.

#18 Posted by TwoLines (2839 posts) -

Console version? Half the content is missing, and the graphics are shitty. I know you can only play the console counterpartrs, but daaaamn.

#19 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Thank you!

#20 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

I wonder why they put off Condemned? I can say for certain that it's scarier than anything they've played so far, but I can also say for certain that they're not going to get anywhere near to where the game starts getting scary (about mid-way through). I've said it before, but good horror games, like good horror movies, take time to build tension and show their respective hands. Subtlety is the key word in good horror games.

I know this is true with every (good) game in the silent hill series as well.

#21 Posted by believer258 (12183 posts) -

But... DOOM 3 isn't scary... 

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who got more bored with that game as it went along. Am I EVER going to see something other than gray fucking pipes and elevators? 

I got about six or seven hours in before quitting, by the way. It wasn't bad, it was just the same environments over and over. 

#22 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

@gladspooky said:

*stops video*

Snob.

#23 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11390 posts) -

I hope the game freezing there doesn't mean we'll have to sit through the intro again. [Cue video editing!]

#24 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Levio said:

Oh good, a new spook look.

You're my favorite.

#25 Posted by JimmyPancakes (120 posts) -

Hahaha I'm not alone, I'm glad I found this iterns!

#26 Posted by B_Heart (180 posts) -

Doom 3 is a good choice

#27 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

I know you guys know that I know that you know about the whole playing console ports... I assume for technical reasons? Still it was funny to see Matt flip out about the changes.

#28 Posted by prestonhedges (1961 posts) -

@Kombat said:

@gladspooky said:

*stops video*

Snob.

When they do Quake I hope they do Quake 64.

#29 Posted by FlyBikes06 (87 posts) -

doom 3 is great

#30 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

Daaaaamn, talk about a cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next part.

#31 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Let's get scared!

#32 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

New episode today! Stay tuned!

#33 Posted by Supercancer (183 posts) -

Oh man, thanks a lot for making these videos you guys, it's honestly my new favorite segment of Giant Bomb. I can't wait for the Condemned episode!

#34 Posted by ModernAlkemie (366 posts) -

I remember being blown away when I found some of those displays in the environment where I could press a button on the screen and the screen would start playing video. I don't think I had seen anything like that before.

#35 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -
@gladspooky said:

*stops video*

You sure showed them. 
#36 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

I will admit having an extremely soft spot in my heart for Doom 3. Especially the Xbox version. Back then an Xbox was all I had and with very few games to boot. My mother had heard me talking about Doom 3 and surprised me with the limited edition for my birthday. While it might be missing large chunks of the content from what I've seen it's mostly background and superfluous segments. In fact watching them play has given me the urge to get out my Xbox and fire Doom up.

#37 Posted by Aetheldod (3719 posts) -

@Sarumarine said:

I know you guys know that I know that you know about the whole playing console ports... I assume for technical reasons? Still it was funny to see Matt flip out about the changes.

I was going to say the same thing -_- .... so all I can add is : Iknow that you know that they know , that we know ... so we all know right?

#38 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

xbox version seriously? 

#39 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

@Aetheldod:

Yes. I think it's safe to say that everyone knows now. We're all cool.

#40 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Wow this looks way way worse then I remember it did on the PC