Final Fantasy XIII - Finished

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gattsu25

So I finished FF13 and I think the gameplay was wonderful.  This marks the second game I've completed in 2010 (other being Mass Effect 2) which probably is a record, when it comes to me and completing games.   FF13 structure-based spoilers below.

Back to FF13, after I beat the game I went back and did around 30 of the missions plus a lot of aimless wandering.  Total clock time on the game was 60hrs.  I did grind after the end of the game but, like FFX, it was all done on my own terms and entirely for optional objectives so I was able to stomach it.  When I realized how much time it would take to deck out my characters in optimal gear I put the game back on the shelf, still satisfied with the time I spent with it. 

Fun game.

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gattsu25

So I finished FF13 and I think the gameplay was wonderful.  This marks the second game I've completed in 2010 (other being Mass Effect 2) which probably is a record, when it comes to me and completing games.   FF13 structure-based spoilers below.

Back to FF13, after I beat the game I went back and did around 30 of the missions plus a lot of aimless wandering.  Total clock time on the game was 60hrs.  I did grind after the end of the game but, like FFX, it was all done on my own terms and entirely for optional objectives so I was able to stomach it.  When I realized how much time it would take to deck out my characters in optimal gear I put the game back on the shelf, still satisfied with the time I spent with it. 

Fun game.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

Whats your favorite area in the game ?

Mine is that haunted village place in Pulse

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gattsu25

The abandoned school on Pulse was my favorite area.  Non-combat and gave a lot of history in just visual design.  Loved the garden on the roof of the building and the once-peaceful world it implied.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gattsu25
@JJOR64: It was more entertaining that most RPGs that have come out in the last 4 years.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I loved the game too, how long did it take you to beat? It took me 70-something hours for the main storyline (including some exploration on Pulse) but 149 hours with all the achievements. 

My favorite part of the game were all the Barthandelus fights, and my favorite area was when you were outside the ship. I think it was Chapter 9?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Glad you enjoyed another game!  Lately I've just been turtle huntin' but I'll probably do some more missions later on when I get the chance.