Final Man of Steel trailer

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

More upbeat than the previous ones and show more of Superman kicking ass and more Michael Shannon as Zod

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GabrielCantor

Still cautiously optimistic about this movie. On one hand, Zack Snyder has yet to make a movie I've liked. On the other hand, if there's one thing he can do, it's a pretty decent fight and the prospect of a Superman movie where he actually has a good fight with somebody is pretty exciting.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Is it weird that I am most excited about seeing Superman Crab Fishing?

Greenhorn - Man of Steel

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

this looks pretty good. ive never been super big into superman. thought Superman Returns was ok, but this one looks much better.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By djou

Definitely cautiously optimistic especially since I am not a Zach Snyder fan. However, the emo superman angle is definitely interesting. No one has done the 20-something, finding yourself, angst story for Superman before. I'm surprised that the period between his leaving Smallville and arriving in Metropolis isn't covered more. Seems really rich for lone wolf heroics. Overall I like that DC is positioning its heroes differently than Marvel. This and the Batman movie are way less goofy, darker, more "mature" in tone. Its the difference between a game like Injustice and Marvel v. Capcom. Even if this is a dud at least they are trying something different.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks real good

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never enjoyed Superman as a cahracter, and every trailer up to this point has failed to capture my attention. But this trailer has actually made me excited to see how the movie turns out. Watchmen and 300 were by no means best picture contenders, but I still enjoy them. Plus, Hanz Zimmer seems to have produced yet another outstanding soundtrack.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@epidehl: I was just thinking the same thing. Superman in an actual, real struggle of a fight would be interesting to see.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think this qualifies as YouTube spam. But when I first saw this trailer this morning I was bloooooooooooooooooooown away, holy fucking shit this looks awesome. The music is fantastic, Kevin Costner seems to be awesome as Jonathan Kent, the actiony bits look wild. Can't wait.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

For any comic book buffs out there - the thing about the S is that true, as in from the comics? Does the S really stand for hope or is it some caveat they invented for the movie because saying "Superman" out loud sounds kinda silly?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Benny

@humanity said:

For any comic book buffs out there - the thing about the S is that true, as in from the comics? Does the S really stand for hope or is it some caveat they invented for the movie because saying "Superman" out loud sounds kinda silly?

It's the crest of house El, worn by the oldest male descendant, in this case Kal-El (according to the DC wiki.) Maybe just worn by all descendants of house El, I guess.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@benny said:

@humanity said:

It's the crest of house El, worn by the oldest male descendant, in this case Kal-El (according to the DC wiki.)

Well that's something neat that I never knew about Superman.

6n00bkilla9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats the first good trailer for this movie! although it doesn't and can never be as good as a batman movie it still looks really good. star trek does look better though. but who cares i am going to see them both and their both going to be awesome.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@humanity said:

@benny said:

@humanity said:

It's the crest of house El, worn by the oldest male descendant, in this case Kal-El (according to the DC wiki.)

Well that's something neat that I never knew about Superman.

I think it's actually both or varies depending on the comics. I've definitely seen it mentioned as hope before (in Birthright).

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MideonNViscera

You want a good Superman movie go watch All-Star Superman (or read the comic). I cannot praise it enough.

This looks pretty awesome too.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think that outfit looks dumb, even by super-hero standards.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By penguindust

Is Superman cool? I'm never sure what to think. I mean, I think he's cool or more precisely, I think Clark Kent is cool, but it seems most people entrenched in "geek" culture don't like him much. Dark, gritty and perhaps a little twisted heroes seem to get more play. Either way, this looks good and I am excited to see him fly across the silver screen again. It would be nice to see DC have a non-Batman hit movie.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman's pretty dated as a character, but this looks about as close as you can get to modernizing him without completely breaking his mold. Nolan and Snyder are definitely a good team for this. I'm definitely interested, but a little short of excited.