#1 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

2 points for an image of Rich Gallup.

#2 Posted by bad_crc (39 posts) -

yay?

#3 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

Yay indeed! The 'first points moment' is a moment to celebrate people!

#4 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

Hey, no need to double post, let alone triple post. I'd say this topic is more fit for your personal blog, so go, and try it out.

#5 Posted by blizzvalve (128 posts) -

I uploaded tons of stuff and I still didn't get any points yet. What's going on here?

#6 Posted by napster (52 posts) -

Blogs suck, and no one actualyl reads them. It was only a double post, and yeah ive double psoted a few times i kept thinkign i didnt hit submit, but little did i know there little loading bar was there.

#7 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
I didn't double post

blizzvalve
said:
"

I uploaded tons of stuff and I still didn't get any points yet. What's going on here?

"
I know, they said it was in chronological order, but I guess they just spotted this one cos it was Rich.

To answer the question "Is everything worth 1 point?": No. Pictures of Rich Gallup are worth 2.
#8 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

My first point was the two logos for infinity ward.

#9 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

I'm waiting on my first points too.For editing the ES IV: Oblivion page for the first time, proposing Ireland as a location section on Giant Bomb, and something else I can't quite remember ...

#10 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
BoG said:
"Hey, no need to double post, let alone triple post. I'd say this topic is more fit for your personal blog, so go, and try it out.
"
You cannot triple post, two different guys post, with the same avatar.
#11 Posted by Branz (26 posts) -
Whight_Knight said:
"I'm waiting on my first points too.For editing the ES IV: Oblivion page for the first time, proposing Ireland as a location section on Giant Bomb, and something else I can't quite remember ...
"
Your edits have to be confirmed, but you should get something for the proposed location.
#12 Posted by khit (150 posts) -

*starts slow clap*

#13 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I've been waitin 28 hours on some others.

#14 Posted by mr_korean (610 posts) -

Well done
*starts slow clapping*
*seeing noones joining stops*
*slouches out of the room*

#15 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

Ya the submissions probably aren't going that fast because they probably got a flood of submissions.

#16 Posted by Dairyman (74 posts) -

That's a definite ouch on the 28 hours.

#17 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -
Branz said:
"Whight_Knight said:
"I'm waiting on my first points too.For editing the ES IV: Oblivion page for the first time, proposing Ireland as a location section on Giant Bomb, and something else I can't quite remember ...
"
Your edits have to be confirmed, but you should get something for the proposed location.
"
Even if they don't accept it?
#18 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

I've got 15 points so far but most are just from uploading images which BTW have been getting approved within a few minutes for me on some. Stuff like screenshots haven't been approved for me yet but artwork and stuff gets added really fast.

#19 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -
Bladefire said:
"Ya the submissions probably aren't going that fast because they probably got a flood of submissions.
"
Indeed, thousands of submissions across a 4 guys, and they also have other things to do... Damn.

...Actually, im not sure if anyone else checks through submissions other then them...
#20 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

Congrats. I have 13 points. I've been waiting over 24 hours on most my submissions.

#21 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I have put in so much tough and still no points :( can anyone enlighten me

#22 Posted by ferretzor (38 posts) -

Congrats. I don't have any yet, but I havn't really added/changed much so far.

#23 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
Clean said:
"I have put in so much tough and still no points :( can anyone enlighten me
"
They're just behind because of so many submissions at once. You'll get them soon.

I'm still waiting for mine as well.
#24 Posted by C_BozkurT_C (60 posts) -

I made 2 reviews yesterday but still no points. what gives?

#25 Posted by Epic (49 posts) -

Do they MSG you if something was approved?

#26 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I got a point for uploading an image earlier. I'd write something for one of the Metal Gear Solid pages but if someone else has already submit something, will that mean my contributions will be irrelevent?

#27 Posted by MoldOnHold (627 posts) -

Congrats I guess...

#28 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Yay. I have around 800.

Someone send help. I can't stop uploading images... *Shivers*

#29 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I've scored 96 points so far, but most of my big edits have frozen up in the submission queue :(

#30 Posted by Djrocks (93 posts) -

I did a lot of things and I still have 0 points, that makes me a sad panda. Congrats though on getting some points.

#31 Posted by henjin (829 posts) -

I didn't get any points yet.. :(

#32 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

I wrote a 5 paragraph article for Metal Gear Solid about 24 hours ago, but still nothing. But I'm not complaining. I know they have a crap load to check.

#33 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Dairyman said:
"That's a definite ouch on the 28 hours."
None of mine have been checked and I've waited for about 29 hours now.
#34 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

I think I'm the first non GB staff or friend of staff to get over 1,000 points now. Yay.

#35 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

Got my first points. For a picture of gears of war 2. I added some other pics at the same time, but they remain untouched. Still waiting. These guys must be swamped. They need more mods for sure. Its just tuff to find trustworthy people after a day

#36 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -

Congrats, I haven't got any points yet but I should be getting some soon since I submitted a few things.

#37 Posted by Cube_of_MooN (32 posts) -

I don't have any points. Oh well.

#38 Posted by Ultimate_pwr_rngr (774 posts) -

Good for you

Yet I am pointless

#39 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Images get approved much faster than other forms of content.  I submitted 4 pictures to Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and got points less than 10 minutes later.

#40 Posted by Premier111 (170 posts) -

i dont see a big deal about the poitns

#41 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

I got my first two for screenshots.I uploaded two.

#42 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

You get points for pictures?

#43 Posted by ParadoxControl (172 posts) -
epic_pets said:
"You get points for pictures?"
You totally get points for pictures. They have to be attached to something though, like a Character or a Game page or something.

Maybe we should turn this in to a "what did you get your first points from" thread!
My first points were from uploading images to the Mega Man character page. 5 whole points.
My pending subs page is huge though, and they just got around to some of the smaller things I changed on some pages. I wish now that I had left a note or something so they could have gotten to those faster.