Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

After being inspired by Journey I decided to do a little art work. I used to study 3D Animation and Video Games design and used to fill pads with drawing and have GB's of photoshop pieces, but now study Computer Science and miss being creative. This also means that I have none of my art supplies at university with me.

My latest venture is using my iPad 2 and SketchBook Pro. Painting with my fingers is enjoyable and the program is easy to use with tones of depth. After 30mins of messing around here is my progress. Any constructive feedback is welcome. Also the images I used is one from Ryans wiki page as reference.

Update!

I am finished with the first "skin" layer and will add more detail to the ear and neck where needed. Next the eyes and start work on giving that manly beard the justice it deserves!

Update (again) - Redone the beard, and added the eyes. Also did some cleaning up.

#1 Edited by Vivek (517 posts) -

After being inspired by Journey I decided to do a little art work. I used to study 3D Animation and Video Games design and used to fill pads with drawing and have GB's of photoshop pieces, but now study Computer Science and miss being creative. This also means that I have none of my art supplies at university with me.

My latest venture is using my iPad 2 and SketchBook Pro. Painting with my fingers is enjoyable and the program is easy to use with tones of depth. After 30mins of messing around here is my progress. Any constructive feedback is welcome. Also the images I used is one from Ryans wiki page as reference.

Update!

I am finished with the first "skin" layer and will add more detail to the ear and neck where needed. Next the eyes and start work on giving that manly beard the justice it deserves!

Update (again) - Redone the beard, and added the eyes. Also did some cleaning up.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I was expecting a shirtless Ryan with body paint all over his chest. Why am I walking into so many threads expecting a shirtless Ryan Davis?

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

That's pretty good. I can barely draw stick figures.

#4 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I can draw his shirtless if you like......

#5 Posted by Banggoo (112 posts) -

@Vivek: Finger paint Ryan wearing this:

#6 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

... This is why I love this site so much

#7 Posted by selbie (1879 posts) -

@Banggoo said:

@Vivek: Finger paint Ryan wearing this:

NICE MUSCLE!!

#8 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

@habster3: Thanks!

#9 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Wait, is this done on an iPad, if so, holy crap.

#10 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver: Yeah all iPad, plus my fingers.

#11 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

pretty nice.

#12 Posted by MEATBALL (3168 posts) -

Thoroughly disappointed that this isn't an actual finger painting.

#13 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I was definitely expecting something much different/terrifying. Looking good as is though.

#14 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

@joshthebear: thanks

#15 Posted by MostlyBearded (191 posts) -

That is extremely well done. I commend you on your iPad finger painting skills my good fellow!