Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Evilsbane
@Geno said:
" @Evilsbane said:

" @Geno said:

" @Evilsbane said:

" @Geno said:
" @Evilsbane: Mine isn't really hyperbole:  http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/browserStatistics.action. I used Firefox for 3 years, didn't like Chrome when it first came out. Now that it's fully featured and significantly faster, it makes FF look like a snail.  "
You can throw benchmarks around all day, but in a real world situation with the kind of computers most any techie would have, it just doesn't work that way. "
What are you talking about? That benchmark was made by the people who created 3Dmark and PCmark, industry standards in measuring performance. If those don't mean anything to you then you're irrational. Plus, the numbers are from i7's, not techie enough for you?  "
Thank you I don't need a lecture on who does the benchmarks. But in normal everyday situations those numbers mean squat, me loading Giantbomb on FF or Chrome on a good computer (I.e one that isn't 100 years old and is taken care of) is going to be virtually Identical. "
Those benchmarks measure the performance on normal everyday situations >.> . As a previous user of FF I can also personally testify that it feels faster. You can still like FF for the add-ons or whatever but to say their speed is the same is ludicrous. Speed differences are also more substantial in faster computers, not slower. "
I am at work right, I have FF, Chrome, and IE8 installed. Its just a Dell Business Machine (T3400 if you feel so inclined) about a year old, runs really well. Pulling up the same website on both you can't tell the difference, I am not saying this is law for all situations, but it isn't 2x not even close, there is a difference but nothing to the extent your claiming.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Geno
@Evilsbane: I'm not "claiming" anything, the benchmarks say it all. There are also people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but the pixel count begs to differ, and so do the people who can tell the difference. 
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Evilsbane
@Geno said:
" @Evilsbane: I'm not "claiming" anything, the benchmarks say it all. There are also people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but the pixel count begs to differ, and so do the people who can tell the difference.  "
Stop falling back on the benchmark, I agree with you that the tech behind Chrome is faster, there is no denying that, but those numbers do not translate into a performance increase that makes a lick of difference outside of high end applications. If your doing High end stuff than yes Chrome has its uses, otherwise which ever UI you like better go with that one.
jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By jinxman

CHROME

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#105  Edited By Geno
@Evilsbane said:
" @Geno said:
" @Evilsbane: I'm not "claiming" anything, the benchmarks say it all. There are also people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but the pixel count begs to differ, and so do the people who can tell the difference.  "
Stop falling back on the benchmark, I agree with you that the tech behind Chrome is faster, there is no denying that, but those numbers do not translate into a performance increase that makes a lick of difference outside of high end applications. If your doing High end stuff than yes Chrome has its uses, otherwise which ever UI you like better go with that one. "
As I said before, it tests everyday web browser usage, including loading forms, Java, social networking, and the loading of general webpage frameworks, not high end applications. Do you always talk without doing your research? 
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Evilsbane
@Geno said:
" @Evilsbane said:
" @Geno said:
Stop falling back on the benchmark, I agree with you that the tech behind Chrome is faster, there is no denying that, but those numbers do not translate into a performance increase that makes a lick of difference outside of high end applications. If your doing High end stuff than yes Chrome has its uses, otherwise which ever UI you like better go with that one. "
As I said before, it tests everyday web browser usage, including loading forms, Java, social networking, and the loading of general webpage frameworks, not high end applications. Do you always talk without doing your research?  "
Alright whatever dude.
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ArmoredCore55

Firefox, never used Chrome.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Firefox for me.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Jrad

I need Firefox for some of its add-ons that won't ever be coming to Chrome (moji, specifically; makes reading japanese sites a lot easier).

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By JoelTGM

Firefox.  I have no reason to change browsers, FF works great.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By teh_destroyer

I used Firefox for years, but something happened and it wouldn't let me watch youtube videos anymore. SO I switched to Chrome and I love it, youtube works like a charm and its simple and fast. 

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Regal

Chrome is fast, sleek, light and minimalistic. It doesn't let any add-ons interfere with the design either. There is something unquantifiable about chrome that makes it, for me at least, impossible to go back to firefox.  

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By meteora

Firefox. I don't even really use any plugins, I should start doing that.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By iam3green

firefox is the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I use Opera.....I know, weird. I've tried all the big ones (I used firefox for about 2 years) and just decided to stick with Opera. 

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#116  Edited By Trilogy

Firefox rox my sox.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
@gike987 said:
" @Fish_Face_McGee said:
" Since I got Windows 7, Firefox has run like shit for me.  Stuttering, hanging, but never actually crashing.  I got sick of it, and so I started using Chrome.  It didn't actually fix my problems (my issues were related to me not aligning the OS to my SSD properly) but it appeared to run better.  By the time I had fixed my problems, I was already sold on Chrome.  I love how little screen the browser itself takes up.  The bar at the bottom of the browser is useless fluff now that we have internet connections fast enough that we don't need a loading bar.  I've gotten used to having the search bar in the address bar.  I was messing around on my brother's computer, he uses Firefox, and he had to remind me that this wasn't Chrome and that I couldn't search through there.   I absolutely used to hate having the tabs up in the title bar when I first tried it out a year ago or so.  Love it now.  It actually fits the file tab metaphor better and gives more screen space. "
You could make firefox do everything you mentioned with add-ons. "
Yes, but the more add-ons you install, the shittier Firefox runs.  
Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Fbomb

Firefox. I've customized it so much, I don't think I could go back to anything else.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Schmollian

Firefox.  
Never really had a reason to try anything else.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SilentCommando

Firefox, definitely. I really enjoy a lot of the addons that chrome just doesn't have.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Brians

I have websites I use that don't open or work very well in chrome. Therefore Firefox

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#122  Edited By Kyreo

Safari and Im sticking to it...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#123  Edited By project343

I can't detach myself from Firefox. I've been updating it with mods, going OCD over icon placement, etc. for like 2-3 years now. I want to try Chrome, but I can't get over the change. It feels like it would take me 45 minutes to get Chrome anywhere near how my Firefox is set up.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Hot_Karl

I just switched over to Chrome, and it's fan-friggin-tastic so far. it doesn't crap out when I play flash videos, plus everything far less crowded and more spacious compared to Firefox. 

Avatar image for arcane_workshop
Arcane_Workshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Arcane_Workshop

Netscape Navigator.

Nah, I'm a Firefox user, but this thread is making me consider Chrome.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrome. Internet browser that cut the BS with all the stupid apps.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127  Edited By Getz

Firefox is entrenched, but I've been using chrome for awhile now and I gotta say it loads faster, has a more clean interface, and it shows you your top 8 websites as the default homepage which I like. The downloads are handled in a wonky manner, but I'm pretty used to that by now.  

@KaosAngel
said:

" I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more. "
I use netflix streaming all the time on my laptop through Chrome. So what the hell are you talking about? You have to download Windows Silverlight or something but you need to do that with any browser.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By captain_clayman

CHROME!!!!! 

@KaosAngel
said:

" I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more. "
agreed but i still love it.  this is the only thing wrong with it. 
i don't like to use firefox because it's like, slow and chunky and it keeps crashing on me.  and my computer's not even slow.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheGremp

Firefox may have add-ons and all, but it's painfully slow, at least in my experience. 

Chrome is nice and speedy for me.  It would almost be the perfect browser if they would hurry up and make it compatible with Quake Live...

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Brunchies

I have been using firefox as my main browser for a couple years now and I like it more than chrome but I do like how fast the loading is for chrome.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Karl_Boss

I don't care its just a web browser.....I use firefox though.

BrendenDonaher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By BrendenDonaher

Neither. I am an avid safari user. I don't bloat up my iMac with programs I do not need. If the Mac has a built in app for it, I don't use anything else. Take browsers, have never even downloaded Firefox or Chrome. Safari all the way. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#133  Edited By damnboyadvance

Mozilla Firefox. It's fast, and it has many add-ons and customization options.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#134  Edited By Kazona

If Chrome's adblock extensions actually worked as effectively as Firefox's adblock plus, I would be using that all the time. But since it doesn't, I keep going back to Firefox after a while.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By LiquidPrince

The Fox is a bit better.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Osaladin

I recently switched to Chrome. It's faster and pretty much all the apps I used for Firefox are on Chrome.