Posted by TipTipTipaRoo (66 posts) -

Which one do you prefer?

#1 Posted by TipTipTipaRoo (66 posts) -

Which one do you prefer?

#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

fps 4 lyf 
it's just preference. tps and fps games both work, but FPS games that i have played always seem to play better 

#3 Posted by Fjordson (2433 posts) -

That's tough. I guess FPS when it comes to purely shooting.

But I love third person games that aren't strictly shooter based, like the Metal Gear Solid series or the Grand Theft Auto games.

#4 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

3PS...

I like seeing the character.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

first for shooting and third for other things than just shooting.

#6 Posted by TMThomsen (2083 posts) -

First!

#7 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

I like to shoot people while narrating in the third person.

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Third persons shooters for me.

#9 Posted by TipTipTipaRoo (66 posts) -
@BunkerBuster said:
" I like to shoot people while narrating in the third person. "
LOL ME TOOOOO
#10 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Third person.

I really dislike the viewing range of a FPS, no matter how big my screen is.

#11 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1356 posts) -

It depends, third person is better for more laid back shooters with a deeper story and more focus on the surroundings in my view however first person shooters are better for quick paced games. 
In heart, first person FTW :)
#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Third persons shooters for me. "
Scratch that, I prefer Fourth person shooters.
#13 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3086 posts) -

I like games that are really well done. So, I would take Uncharted 2 over 99% of first-person shooters, but it just happens that the average first-person shooter is better than the average third-person shooter.

#14 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

It depends on the game.

#15 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Third-person shooters for choke-holding hostages as meat shields.

#16 Posted by maimran91 (352 posts) -

I usually prefer first person to shoot bad guys like Fallout 3, but sometimes I use third person to move around.

#17 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

FPS more, but I still like some TPSs.

#18 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Why wasn't this a poll?

Depends on the game. Gonna say First Person with bonus stuff like head tracking or whatever.

#19 Edited by Roger778 (960 posts) -
@Bionicicide: 

That's human shields, Bionicide, unless you're thinking about the Gears of Wars games. Calling an enemy that you're holding hostage a "meat shield" is, in my opinion, a disgusting term. 

As for the preference between first, and third-person, I have no preference.  I enjoy a good action game regardless of how the lead character is presented.
#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Third person

#21 Posted by SpiralStairs (1007 posts) -

I like playing Vampire Bloodlines because it has a first person view and a third person view option, which you can switch from with the press of a button and both work perfectly. I know Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls games do that too, but not quite as well as Vampire.

If I had to choose though.... I'd go with 3rd person, I think it gives you a better view of the level, since you're not restricted to seeing only what's directly in front of you at any given time.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (12446 posts) -

First!

Generally more intuitive and immersive.

#23 Posted by Stunt (187 posts) -

Third-person. I like seeing my character. Especially if he/she's bad-ass. Because I'm bad-ass, too. So together, we're a collaboration of bad-ass. We're bad-ass squared.

#24 Posted by Raakill (845 posts) -

Third.

#25 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Third person

#26 Posted by CookieMonster (2451 posts) -

First person, makes you feel part of the game more than a third person.

#27 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

They can both be great genres in their own right but in general I've enjoyed the first-person shooters I've played more than the third-person shooters.

#28 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Both have their pro's and cons.

#29 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Third person. Being able to tell where the hell you are in a game is nice, as is occupying space and not being a floating camera (I'm looking at you Half Life). It also lets you take in the atmosphere better, and you can platform.

Yeah...I have a personal grudge against First Person. It feels gimmicky and detached.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

second person

#31 Posted by DoctorOptimist (495 posts) -

Third-person, mainly because I've become tired of first-person shooters lately. (The only FPSs I'm looking forward to are Halo Reach and freaking Bulletstorm, maybe Rage too).

#32 Posted by litrock (170 posts) -

Vertical. 

Oh, wait ..

#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Third person. I like seeing my character.

#34 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Both.

#35 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

third but only because I believe that uncharted 2 is the best shooter of any kind to date.

#36 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

TPS, with FPS close behind.

#37 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I like first person views for the immersion...

#38 Posted by Aleryn (705 posts) -

First Person.

Keep Third Person the hell away from me if Shooter is a part of the sentence.  Though I will play cool third person stuff like Lead and Gold, Monday Night Combat, Red Dead Redemption, Sniper Elite, etc.  I just will wish they were first person *smirk

#39 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -

First, because I'm a twitch-aiming kind of guy.

I've enjoyed plenty of third-person shooters though.

#40 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

2nd person.

#41 Posted by Hostile (148 posts) -

Overall I would say third-person but a lot of my favorite multiplayer games are in first person and I wouldn't have it any other way; my all-time favorites TF2 and CS and also current generation favorites MW2 and BFBC2.  

#42 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -

TPS. I love cover mechanics in my shooters. I do still like FPS's, though.

#43 Posted by DystopiaX (5364 posts) -

FPS. TPS seems slower to me, especially with cover since it always slows things down. Then there's always issues with cameras and such, and I feel like FPSs are easier to control and are more fluid, so you can do things quicker.

#44 Posted by J0n3s1 (289 posts) -

When it comes to just shooters my choise is first person but in role playing games I prefer 3ps.

#45 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

In ArmA 2, you can switch between first and third person.   When running across larger distances, I switch to 3rd person.

#46 Posted by IceFireWarden (1 posts) -

@Stunt said:

Third-person. I like seeing my character. Especially if he/she's bad-ass. Because I'm bad-ass, too. So together, we're a collaboration of bad-ass. We're bad-ass squared.

I know right? In first person, your can't really see the character and your just like, what? In TPS, your actually seeing everything going on around you and have better awareness. TPS FTW

#47 Posted by Veektarius (5031 posts) -

I think I prefer first person, because it's more intense. Third person just adds this layer of separation, reminding you, "hey, you're not here, you're playing a video game". That said, I'm the sort of guy who loves taking cover, and I'd like to see a better implementation of that in FPSes.

#48 Posted by believer258 (12212 posts) -

First person, no contest.

#49 Posted by DystopiaX (5364 posts) -

fps. feels more natural to me, quicker and smoother.

#50 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Third person games can be amazing and I prefer that experience. Sadly, most of them are mediocre, that's why I play FPS games more.