• 146 results
#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

So, what do you guys think? I'm still weirded out that April O' Neil is Megan Fox but... other than that the actual turtle designs look pretty great. I'm tentatively excited about this now. At least Bay came back from his initial idea to make them all aliens or whatever god awful idea he initially had. I'm hoping we'll get some more trailers showing the turtles interacting with each other and hopefully showing Splinter off if he is even a character in this version. So hey... it could have been worse...right?

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

It doesn't look nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. I'll probably watch it.

#3 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4811 posts) -

I... don't know. I really don't know. I'd like to believe that Bay can make a fun if somewhat campy movie with a positive message about friendship and family ties, but knowing Bay's filmography it'll probably wind up being jaded, cynical, and nihilistic.

Don't get me wrong, Bay can do those three things wonderfully (look at Pain and Gain), but those attributes absolutely do not a good Ninja Turtles movie make.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -

I think I'm going to skip this one. Wait until Michael Bay makes something more akin to Pain & Gain. Now THAT was a great Michael Bay movie!

#5 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

Which Ninja Turtle is going to be the racist one?

#6 Edited by Damodar (1391 posts) -

THIS WAS THE NOBLE IDEA THAT YOUR FATHER AND I EMBARKED UPON; THE CREATION OF MASSIVE HUMANOID CRIME-FIGHTING TURTLES.

Also, she could be wearing like 20 more yellow jackets and I still wouldn't really get any April O'Neil vibe from Megan Fox. Apparently Mae Whitman is voicing April in a current TMNT show? I could see her being a good live-action April too. ("...Her?") Not that you'd ever see casting like that in a Michael Bay movie.

I'm not totally put off by this trailer, but I'm not hugely filled with confidence either.

#7 Posted by DannyHibiki (157 posts) -

Will Arnett was born to play Vernon Fenwick. He is the only reason I want to see this at all.

#8 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

65% on Rottentomatoes. Calling it.

#9 Posted by Damodar (1391 posts) -

@chaser324: I mean... It's Michael Bay, right? So probably all of them?

#10 Posted by TruthTellah (9094 posts) -

"Drops" being the primary word here.

#11 Edited by Tom_omb (400 posts) -

Jonathan Liebesman is directing this. Bay is just producing, I'm sure his influence over the movie isn't small, but people are making it sound like he's writing, directing, and starring in this thing.

I can't say I've loved everything I've seen so far, but I'll probably watch it because it's TMNT.

#12 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4811 posts) -

@chaser324 said:

This... bothers me. A great deal.

Sure, I liked Transformers as a kid - who doesn't love giant robots? - but the Turtles? Man. I don't think I could take the Turtles getting the ghetto twins treatment. As a matter of fact I know I can't. He can ruin as many franchises from my childhood as he wants, but please, Mother of God, not the Turtles.

#13 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

Shredder is April's father huh?

I like the Turtle designs, if this isn't terrible then maybe I'll watch it.

#14 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

Explosions? Check. Creepy as fuck Turtles? Check. Megan Fox once again proving she can't act? Check.Yup, this is Teenage Michael Bay Turtles.

It doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would, but this is just a trailer. I'm still betting the movie will suck.

#15 Posted by Reisz (1497 posts) -

I find it grievously difficult to get excited for this considering the current TV show absolutely nails everything cool about the franchise. Sincerity and love for the characters pour out of every episode. How can this possibly match up?

Okay braced and ready, I'm going in!

[One Minute Thirty One Seconds Later . . .]

I'm out! Nope, no no no. Nope. Noho Thahankyou.

#16 Posted by Jesus_Phish (799 posts) -

@tom_omb: That's the first I've actually heard that it's not Bay directing it.

#17 Posted by stryker1121 (1443 posts) -

The turtles are creepy looking. Megan Fox as plucky reporter April O'Neil? Not buying that bill of goods. If Bay were directing he'd turn one of the turtles into a gay Puerto Rican for "comedy.".

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I don't know. It looks kinda bad. It looks like the Christopher Nolan Batman films...with human-sized ninja turtles.

#19 Posted by Jay_Ray (1101 posts) -

I hate the turtle design, it's to much of the "dark, ominous, and brooding" crap seemingly everything needs to be these days. And maybe it is because I'm getting older but couldn't the cast some one that is a little older and less "sexy" then Megan Fox? At least they'd have a chance of finding someone who can actually act. I will hope that they can make a decent movie but I will definitely be in the "wait and see" camp.

#20 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

How do any of you think this even looks OK oh my god it looks terrible run on sentence.

#21 Posted by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

@chaser324 said:

I don't know. It looks kinda bad. It looks like the Christopher Nolan Batman films...with human-sized ninja turtles.

I didn't say it looked good.

#22 Posted by Reisz (1497 posts) -

I just don't understand how these decisions even get made. How, in a world where we have Ken Watanabe, does a casting director even look at William Fichtner.

Oh well, that TV show is really damn good.

#23 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I'll watch it. Not sure how to feel about it yet though. Love the latest animated series.

#24 Posted by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

Michael Bay + reboot + CGI = bullshit. It's a scientific fact. And yet this trailer was actually pretty damn good.

With that in mind, if they pull this off, I'm pretty sure the space-time continuum will fold in on itself.

#25 Posted by Wolfgame (754 posts) -

too early to say one way or other just from that trailer, it doesn't give off the impression of being immediately dismissable, but I will wait until we see a bit more.

#26 Posted by Schatzy23 (159 posts) -

I've tried to keep my expectations pretty low since I found out Bay was attached to this one. After watching the trailer, my interest has raised some. Either way, I'm still going to go see this movie because I'm still a big TMNT fan.

#27 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I'm stunned there are people here saying this looks in anyway acceptable.

#28 Posted by Krullban (1036 posts) -

Not sure what I see what everybody is talking about? ...looks like...ninja turtles?

#29 Posted by Zeik (2440 posts) -

I kind of liked that first Transformers movie when it came out, but I didn't have any particular fondness for that franchise. TMNT however was my childhood, and I don't really like what I see there. Especially the turtle designs.

#30 Edited by MachoFantastico (4687 posts) -

What the hell! The turtles look atrocious, kill em, kill em with fire.

All that said, I gave up having any faith whatsoever in Michael Bay after watching The Rock.

#31 Edited by Damodar (1391 posts) -
@machofantastico said:

All that said, I gave up having any faith whatsoever in Michael Bay after watching The Rock.

Huh? The Rock is amazing. One of the best action movies of the 90s. If you were going to lose faith in Michael Bay, the appropriate time to do it would be later on after seeing more of his films and realising that he literally only has like three tricks in his bag:

1. Helicopters fly past a setting sun
  2. Character stands up as the camera swoops 360 around them. SHIT JUST GOT REAL moment.
  3. Racism.
#32 Edited by vikingdeath1 (971 posts) -

I was Adamant about remaining highly cynical of this film...

but that "its just a mask" bit at the end still made me chuckle.

Shit...

#33 Posted by expensiveham (291 posts) -

I hate everything about it but will still watch it.

#34 Posted by Sanj (2390 posts) -

There are things about this movie that I like, and things I dislike.

I will probably end up watching it. I just have to know for myself.

#35 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

Alright...it doesn't look terrible. I dunno about the turtles faces, Mikey looks sorta weird. I'm not gonna totally write this off yet though. For me it's gonna come down to the Turtles interacting with each other. They don't really show any of that in the trailer so yeah.

#36 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Not enough turtle action in it the trailer.

Also Megan Fox looks weird did she have plastic surgery?

#37 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

Michelangelo is still Michelangelo and got me to chuckle at the end, and hearing Donnie(?) yell "batter up!" while tossing Leo put most doubts I had to rest. Still excited and will mos def check it out.

#38 Posted by DeepSpace9MM (120 posts) -

Ugh, the turtles look like melted shreks. This looks not too good. The only thing it has going for it is William Fichtner as the shredder, at least for me.

#39 Posted by A_E_Martin (215 posts) -

It looks like a Michael Bay film, as in, it looks like shit.

#40 Edited by PimblyCharles (1435 posts) -

Agreed! The design of the Turtles is a nightmare.

I lost faith in Michael Bay's movies that came after The Rock (which I still think is a decent film) until seeing Pain & Gain. While not a near perfect film, it had undeniable charm.

I was genuinely excited to see this trailer after seeing Pain & Gain. Know it's just a trailer, but have nothing but bad feelings about this movie now. Megan Fox is not a good actress. She does not nor could ever likely carry April's persona accurately. Wish there wasn't so much emphasis on 3d modeling/animation yet used a more realistic approach like Jim Henson's Creature Shop did for the original movies. Still after all this, must admit I'm still somewhat excited to see how Shredder pans out in the film.

#41 Posted by owack6 (217 posts) -

Given how "amazing" the humor in Michael bay movies usually is, i'm going to say this is going to be awful.

#42 Posted by TheMattMercer (8 posts) -

Almost thought this was a Transformers trailer. Then the giant turtles showed up.

#43 Edited by JesusHammer (134 posts) -

When is Michael Bay gonna finally stop all these shenanigans and give the people what they really want? Just give us Bad Boys 3 already.

#44 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -

If it only had Vanilla Ice, I would see it day one.

#45 Edited by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

It turns out those hideous toys I saw recently are pretty accurate to what they look like in the movie. Jonathan Liebesman is a pretty poor director that is good at making huge CGI things make other huge CGI things break apart, but without any of the style Bay has. I quite liked Battle Los Angeles the first time I saw it, upon a second viewing I realised it's all noise without any substance or humour.

I Love the Turtles, they're possibly the only thing from my childhood that makes me whine irrationally. I Loved TMNT, it got the tone perfect and the new cartoon is a ton of fun. I'm willing to wait and see if it turns out ok. I won't instantly cry about the designs like some did about flames on Optimus Prime. But as reveals go, this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I do love William Fichtner though

#46 Posted by Vashyron (204 posts) -

It almost looks entirely like a Michael Bay movie. I think that the only thing it's missing is Megan Fox in some sort of skimpy outfit (though I'm sure that's in the movie somewhere.)

#47 Posted by JJOR64 (18993 posts) -

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

#48 Posted by jcaderhold1 (1 posts) -

I fail to see how the turtles look any worse than the 90s movies

#49 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

@jay_ray said:

I hate the turtle design, it's to much of the "dark, ominous, and brooding" crap seemingly everything needs to be these days. And maybe it is because I'm getting older but couldn't the cast some one that is a little older and less "sexy" then Megan Fox? At least they'd have a chance of finding someone who can actually act. I will hope that they can make a decent movie but I will definitely be in the "wait and see" camp.

The original comics were just that. Heck the original comics weren't for kids at all.

#50 Posted by phantomzxro (1577 posts) -

I got my money on Michelangelo, he will say some embarrassing tired urban lingo that nobody uses anymore.

That last bit did make me chuckle at the end. I just don't know how the explosions slow mo nature of Michael bay will work for a movie that should have high marks in its fighting choreograph.