Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -

So the 2010 World Cup was filled with excitement, shocking results, controversies, and a lot of great goals. With Spain clinching the title, I thought I'd make a small music video of the story that unfolded over the past month.

Song: Black and White Town by The Doves.

The video is available in HD (Metacafe) and Myspace (I don't think that's HD).

Here are the links
Video on Metacafe
Video on Myspace

Hope you like it!
PS: I may have missed many good goals, but I wanted to show the story of the WC rather than make a montage of the best goals.  Sorry for that :)

#1 Edited by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -

So the 2010 World Cup was filled with excitement, shocking results, controversies, and a lot of great goals. With Spain clinching the title, I thought I'd make a small music video of the story that unfolded over the past month.

Song: Black and White Town by The Doves.

The video is available in HD (Metacafe) and Myspace (I don't think that's HD).

Here are the links
Video on Metacafe
Video on Myspace

Hope you like it!
PS: I may have missed many good goals, but I wanted to show the story of the WC rather than make a montage of the best goals.  Sorry for that :)

#2 Posted by Esten (143 posts) -

Nice! I really liked it!

#3 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@Esten:  Thanks :) The embedded player is not showing up for me. Is it working for you or did you have to follow the link?
#4 Posted by Esten (143 posts) -

It's working perfectly fine here :-)

#5 Posted by Brendan (7811 posts) -

Awesome work man!
#6 Edited by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@Esten: ah that's good. It's a problem with my plugins only then.
 @Brendan: Thanks :D
#7 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

what memorable moments? >_> 

Edit: dude, you MADE that? props to you! that was some sweet editing! 

#8 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Awesome. One thing I think you missed is Uruguay second goal vs Germany that was magic. 

Still what a great video.
#9 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

it was good, just reminds me of how much i hate suarez though.

#10 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -

Boom stuff. I really enjoyed it. Loved the energy.

#11 Edited by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" what memorable moments? >_> "

Uh yeah.. that's true. I didn't put many of the great moments as I wanted to tell the story of the cup rather than create "the best goals" montage. And it was pretty hard work looking for clips and squishing them in this small song.  :(  

@Hockeymask27:
Yeah, that goal was awesome. But I felt that including goals from the 3rd place playoff would somehow not be right, so I skipped that match.

@pwnasaurus said:

" it was good, just reminds me of how much i hate suarez though. "

haha... Yeah, and him being hailed as a hero must have been even more frustrating for you!

@MauveForest: Thanks. Glad you enjoyed :)
#12 Posted by jessej07 (213 posts) -

AHHH I HAVE SOCCER FEVER!  I seriously never watched "futbol" until a couple of weeks ago, now I'm hooked.  My wife is a good player so I'm constantly asking stupid questions during the games... now I know how women feel! 

Oh, thanks for posting this!

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@armaan8014:  actually, what i meant was "this world cup DIDNT have anything memorable to speak of. it sucked" 
your video is pretty fucking good though, 1+
#14 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: oh! Got it :P  Yeah, the WC was pretty strange. A lot of tight games and unexpected results. Thanks :)

@jessej07: You're welcome! Glad to see you're catching on to football, it's a magical game!
#15 Edited by ScottishGamer (215 posts) -

Nice video dude! Excellent Work!    :)  

Sometimes the montage videos people throw together are not very good, but I loved this one!

#16 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

Great video, but unless I missed it where was the most memorable thing in the Cup (for me anyway) US's goal against Algeria in the 91'st minute? Really good video still.

#17 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

THis was one of the worst WC's ever. Lucky some enjoyed it. The final match was very dissapointing. Netherlands played it safe, and Spain did not risk much. Referee was lame, the De Jong foul against Alonso was Red Card material and nothing happened. 

Sadly, my team, Argentina, had a bad outcome against Germany, though I kind of expected such a result, since our defense is still green, and Maradona needs a year or more to fix that. 

If Im not mistaken, this WC had not only the lowest Goal Ratio (1.5 approx) but also the worst Referees.

#18 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -
@armaan8014 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" what memorable moments? >_> "

Uh yeah.. that's true. I didn't put many of the great moments as I wanted to tell the story of the cup rather than create "the best goals" montage. And it was pretty hard work looking for clips and squishing them in this small song.  :(  

@Hockeymask27:
Yeah, that goal was awesome. But I felt that including goals from the 3rd place playoff would somehow not be right, so I skipped that match.

@pwnasaurus said:

" it was good, just reminds me of how much i hate suarez though. "

haha... Yeah, and him being hailed as a hero must have been even more frustrating for you!

@MauveForest: Thanks. Glad you enjoyed :) "
No man I understand. i did not mean to take away from your hard work. Really againb great job.
#19 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

great video man.

#20 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

That was an amazing video bud. Can you put it on youtube so I can favourite it. I would've preferred more of the events of the last game but still what you did was great. 10/10 :D 

#21 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@ScottishGamer: Thanks :)

@Carnage1290: 
I don't know how I missed that. I had downloaded that clip, possibly got mixed in the crowd of clips while editing. USA provided some great moments this cup, btw!

@DragoonKain1687:
I actually didn't want Spain to win as they didn't let their opponents score and didn't score themselves either. They made the final a little less exciting than it could have been :/ oh well. and yeah, hated the refrees this time.

@Hockeymask27 said:

"No man I understand. i did not mean to take away from your hard work. Really againb great job. "

No problem dude, I appreciate constructive criticism :) Thanks

@clubsandwich:
Thanks duder

@arab_prince:
I hate youtube! They blocked my video so I had to upload it on Vimeo instead >:( I was scared they would do something like that, so I had written the copyright thing in the description, which somehow got erased after uploading. Here's the link, maybe it's not blocked in your country:     
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBCghCox_go 
#22 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@armaan8014: damnit. it is blocked. why are FIFA such pansies? either way, its a great video bud
#23 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@arab_prince: 
Do you think if I uploaded it again and kept the copyright info properly in the description, my video could be spared?
#24 Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1257 posts) -

Very nice duder! 

#25 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@armaan8014 said:
" @arab_prince:  Do you think if I uploaded it again and kept the copyright info properly in the description, my video could be spared? "
I would assume so. I have no idea why they took it down in the first place.
#26 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@arab_prince:  I'll try again then!
@Lemon: Thanks duder :)
#27 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -
@armaan8014:  Good video, man. I personally don't think this year's world cup was bad. It was unpredictable with predicted winners being shot down and the new guys rising to the top. Your video kind of gets that vibe. If anything more credit is due to you for not posting another montage vid with that Shitkira song, lol. *tips hat*
#28 Edited by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@innacces14: 
Yes, I too enjoyed the WC, especially the group stages. Loved seeing the small teams rise above teams like Germany, Italy etc in the group matches. Also, USA proved to be very entertaining and won my respect for hanging on till the end in almost all the matches.  And thanks.

@arab_prince:
Tried again, blocked again.
#29 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

Just before I forget. I think that this is the new gif, changing the old Zidane Headbut. 

De Jong's Mighty kick:

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3303/1278876229794.gif[/img] 

(Just in case the code does not work)
 http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3303/1278876229794.gif

#30 Posted by dopeman (387 posts) -

i hope its like 3 seconds long.

#31 Posted by Anund (897 posts) -

Loved it, excellent job!

#32 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@hckling:Thanks dude :)
 @DragoonKain1687:  That kick was crazy! Funny he didn't get sent off.
#33 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -

Bumping after reupload. Watch it before these guys remove it too! 

#34 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

A very cool video! It will make this world cup eternal :)

#35 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
@Jeust: Thanks :) Did you watch the WC?