Flood Protection on Walls

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

I was just trying to wallpost on Johnny5's wall when the following error message occurred:

Flood Protect Warning
You can't post right now, because our system only allows you to make two posts in a row..... wait for someone else to post, then you can post after them - thx :)

Now, I can understand flood protection, but the last time I posted on his wall was a few days ago, not a few minutes or seconds ago. Plus, this never happened before. Is this temporary or an oversight?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

It's been that way since the beginning. There is apparently an actual logical design decision behind it, although we've never been told what it is.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

The logic is...if it's an ongoing discussion, take it to PM's. Moving this to OT, not a bug.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_

That sounds like reasoning retroactively applied once it was discovered that flood protection extended to walls.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By maxszy

I had this happen to me a few days ago, for a first time. Though it happened on a wall that I have sent to numerous times, it was a new comment and shouldn't *have* to be in a PM. That being said, I understand the reasoning and its justifiable. Only thing I wish was that if it happens on a wall post, we don't lose everything we just typed.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JackiJinx
Jayge_ said:
It's been that way since the beginning. There is apparently an actual logical design decision behind it, although we've never ... [more]
That's not true. Take a look at his wall and you can clearly see that I posted twice in a row on it.

And it's not an ongoing discussion. It was just a reply to a comment he wrote on my wall.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_
JackiJinx said:
Jayge_ said: It's been that way since the beginning. There is apparently an actual logical design decision behind it, although ... [more]
Yeah, you can only post twice in a row. No more after that.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Lies

Yeah, this has been known for some time, but the staff refuse to change it. It's a bit worse now because you can't post on your own wall like you used to be able to- you could post on your own wall to break the flood protection.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JackiJinx
@Jayge: Ah, gotcha.

Still doesn't make sense to me. Guess J5 is just going to need to get more friends.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss

I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I mean, there's already the option (obligation?) of approving any messages sent to our wall, there's no direct link between user walls and the forums (therefore any "flooding" wouldn't intrude on other users) and in the end, they're our walls. Shouldn't we be allowed to have an ongoing conversation there if we want to?

EDIT: Just posted on Johnny's wall to break the flood lock. Once he approves it you shouldn't have a problem anymore.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
End_Boss said:
I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I mean, there's already the option (obligation?) of approving ... [more]
That is why MB's "logic" isn't actually logic at all :-/
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss
Jayge_ said:
End_Boss said: I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I mean, there's already the option (obligation?) ... [more]
So it would seem. But who knows what goes on in the minds of the mods?
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By suneku

It's been like that since some douche spammed everywhere on comicvine. But then again, it was during a time where there were no mods on CV. It annoys me too.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Lies
End_Boss said:
Jayge_ said: End_Boss said: I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I mean, there's already the ... [more]
Technically it's not the mod's decision. Flood protection on walls is ultimately a staff decision, and they have shown an unwillingness to remove the flood protection on walls :|
Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Puppy
Lies said:
End_Boss said: Jayge_ said: End_Boss said: I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I mean, there's ... [more]

Perhaps it's because they-themselves do not want to be harassed. There walls tend to be pretty flooded as it stands already.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
Puppy said:
Lies said: End_Boss said: Jayge_ said: End_Boss said: I don't know about the "take discussion to the PMs" rule. I ... [more]
They can just decline crap as it is anyway.
Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Puppy

I guess, but that would be a pain if there were too many piled up.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By End_Boss
Puppy said:
I guess, but that would be a pain if there were too many piled up.
I think they could devise a method for making the flood protection optional. That would make both parties happy.
Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Gump

There are plenty of threads about this!

No Caption Provided

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By End_Boss
Gump said:
There are plenty of threads about this! [more]
And yet the issue remains unaddressed. Interesting.