• 81 results
#1 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

I would love someone to make this t-shirt. I would totally wear it. Or maybe a Zimmerman don't care t-shirt?

#2 Edited by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

Now we're splicing old memes together?

...wait, who the fuck is Zimme- wait, POLITICS? WHAT IS THIS?

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wouldn't this be more timely about 12-13 years ago?

#4 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

It's Florida. Everything crazy happens there.

#5 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

This thread will not go well.

#6 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2029 posts) -

Now we're splicing old memes together?

...wait, who the fuck is Zimme- wait, POLITICS? WHAT IS THIS?

Don't taze me, bro

#7 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

@milkman said:

This thread will not go well.

#8 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm not quite edgy enough to wear shirts that reference murderers.

#9 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

Florida don't care pretty much sums everything up.

#10 Posted by ManMadeGod (1559 posts) -

Love how ignorant [younger] people on the internet are about this trial. Jury ruled based on the evidence presented, end of story.

#11 Posted by FengShuiGod (1480 posts) -

PLEASE NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS PLEASE GIANTBOMB WHAT HAVE YOU BECOME

#12 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

It seems if ever see zimmerman and no justice is trending on twitter...

#13 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -
#14 Edited by ManMadeGod (1559 posts) -

@clumsyninja1 said:

It seems if ever see zimmerman and no justice is trending on twitter...

Twiiter is a cesspool at this point. The mob mentality that goes on there is scary sometimes.

#15 Posted by rotorious (68 posts) -

Three words: Burden of Proof.

That is all....

#16 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

UGH.

#18 Posted by Roadshell (28 posts) -

Love how ignorant [younger] people on the internet are about this trial. Jury ruled based on the evidence presented, end of story.

Do you feel that way about O.J. Simpson?

#19 Posted by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -
#20 Posted by Stonyman65 (2656 posts) -

I'm just waiting for the race riots and looting

#21 Edited by ManMadeGod (1559 posts) -

@manmadegod said:

Your comment is irrelevant to this case........

#22 Posted by Roadshell (28 posts) -

@roadshell said:

@manmadegod said:

Because juries always rule based on evidence?

#23 Edited by TruthTellah (8720 posts) -

http://i.minus.com/i5kNPmFcsOk2a.gif

#24 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

I love how, one week we are sensitive to the death of a person, the next we make fun of a murder. Stay classy.

#25 Edited by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@dagbiker said:

I love how, one week we are sensitive to the death of a person, the next we make fun of a murder. Stay classy.

to be fair, the OP is making more fun of the jury than Zimmerman.

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@animasta said:

@dagbiker said:

to be fair, the OP is making more fun of the jury than Zimmerman.

Ok, true, that makes me feel better.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (24272 posts) -

Well, this thread is going places.

I'll say the same thing here that I said on Twitter. I don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion on the case, so I'm not going to make any judgments. (Unlike roughly 98% of Twitter.)

#28 Posted by Darson (450 posts) -

Knock knock.

#29 Posted by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

@clumsyninja1: I'm not sure how serious you are but it's pretty simple to make a tshirt these days.

#30 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@darson said:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

#31 Posted by NegativeCero (2988 posts) -

I was tempted to make a thread about the verdict but thought it wiser not to after some threads in the past. Good job on confirming my assumption.

I will say that I was expecting manslaughter, but I suppose there was enough reasonable doubt as to there being self defense for the jury. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth because certain facts like Zimmerman following and basically profiling Martin. My twitter feed expectedly was furious at the news.

#32 Posted by golguin (3868 posts) -

@manmadegod said:

@roadshell said:

@manmadegod said:

Because juries always rule based on evidence?

Let me say this as someone with some knowledge (Law stuff in the family) on the inner workings of jury selection. You would probably laugh, be shocked, or become highly depressed by the criteria that is used to select people for a jury.

#33 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

Another reason I hate living in Florida! This state does not have a good track record.

Maybe I'll try my luck in Texas, I hear there's lots of equality there!

#34 Posted by oraknabo (1457 posts) -
#35 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

<p>I shutter to think all of the times I trespassed as a little kid, as all boys I knew did, of every race and wealth-- we snuck into abandoned houses, motel pools, construction/lumber yards, sat on people's back porches peeking in through the shades on their glass sliding door to see WWF Pay Per Views. There always was the stereotypical-- what's Dennis the Mennis' foil named-- grumpy old man who hates children and goes "too far" threatening you and blowing shit way out of proportion; the thing is, while we acted like the men would shoot us, deep down we knew that it would never happen, that adults b.s. and exaggerate; but knowing people like Zimmerman, now I'm not so sure. Another story in the news was another conservative man from the south who, upon seeing a group of youths pull their car into his driveway, immediately ran out and blasted the driver to death as he was hurrying in reverse to get away. Think of all the times you've fucked up the 3- point turn and just went ahead and turned around using someone's driveway. Think of the times you've pulled along someone, or someone's pulled alongside you to ask for directions. Someone could have legally killed you for it, and only needed to claim you spooked them to avoid all charges.</p>

<p>Matt Rorie posted some funny/disturbing libertarian YouTube videos of conspiracy theorists who have cameras pointed out their windows 24/7, then analyse the number if red cars, or minivans, or cars with a missing hubcap/spare tire went by their house in a given day: claiming things like "two green Subarus in a row passed by, it's the left wing government spying on me!"</p>

<p>Yes, there's always been grouchy old coots threatening you to "git off my lawn", but lately the propaganda delivered all day by Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Julian Assange, has turned these sad, lonely, spoiled, priviledged men ultra paranoid, from merely being casually racist and pissed they have to pay for roads and hospitals, to flat out believing Obama is a reptile shapeshifter like the Jews in Borat, and any punk kid with a loud stereo driving past his house is out to kill him and steal his precious money/rifles. The propaganda has heated up to shoot first, ask questions later, if ever-- an all out war. So much so that theyre taking chastity pledges as a means of fraternal loyalty (refusing to interact with females whatsoever because of feminism.) Instead of the old days were a snobby racist geezer would move to a gated community where "I felt safe. There's a lot of people like ME here.." as Ryan joked in the Fortune Street TNT; nowadays men are just sitting in their windowsill day and night, Glenn Beck's voice in the distance, machine gun on lap, waiting for the nWo to come.</p>

#36 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

Annnnnnd I'm leaving this thread before it gets crazy.

#37 Posted by DukesT3 (1901 posts) -

I'm excited for this thread.

#38 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

Florida is the worst.

#39 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

Dexter will get him

#40 Edited by tourgen (4459 posts) -

That trial was an embarrassing joke. A judge browbeating the defendant for exercising his rights and a prosecution team that should frankly be disbarred for withholding exculpatory evidence. And wow, dropping a manslaughter charge in after the defense has rested. Talk about unethical abortion of justice.

#41 Edited by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

I guess if you need to get your stalk and murder on go to Florida.

#42 Posted by RonGalaxy (3061 posts) -

Before you read this, my opinion of this case is an open book. I don't want to argue about it, I want someone to offer a counterpoint in a respectful manner

I still don't get why people think he's guilty of murder? His nose and the back of his head were both bloodied and injured, and it was (almost) definitely him screaming for help in those recording (meaning the kid woudn't stop attacking him). And I don't believe for 1 second this was racially motivated; he was ethnic himself and was a registered democrat; the only evidence to say he was a racist was that he told the police martin was black (which he was)

He followed martin, but that's because people had burglarized the community 8 or 9 times before, and it was making them fear for their safety. He went above what power he was appointed by the community (which was community watch coordinator), but that doesn't make him a mudererer.

I do believe he should have gotten some level of a manslaughter charge, but I really don't think this was an intentional killing. Right now (and I really want someone to give me a counter argument, as my opinion of this case is open) it just seems to be an idea growing to an unrealisitc proportion. People are letting emotions of previous race cases, unfairly, interfere (this is not the next OJ simpson, that case is COMPLETELY different)

#43 Posted by Stonyman65 (2656 posts) -

@tourgen said:

That trial was an embarrassing joke. A judge browbeating the defendant for exercising his rights and a prosecution team that should frankly be disbarred for withholding exculpatory evidence. And wow, dropping a manslaughter charge in after the defense has rested. Talk about unethical abortion of justice.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Not to mention both sides playing the race card like it was fucking going out of style, too.

#46 Edited by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

We should probably do something about legitimate threads constantly being spammed to death with pointless 'this will go well' comments. It's a plague on this forum.

Any thread with the remotest possibility of discussing a serious topic is immediately filled up with these 'wise' remarks and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The threads turn to shit because they're filled up with shitty, pointless comments predicting that the thread will turn to shit. If the subject is too controversial or serious for you then simply avoid it; you don't have a duty to ruin the thread for everybody else who does want to discuss it.

#47 Posted by TruthTellah (8720 posts) -

@jimbo said:

We should probably do something about legitimate threads constantly being spammed to death with pointless 'this will go well' comments. It's a plague on this forum.

Any thread with the remotest possibility of discussing a serious topic is immediately filled up with these 'wise' remarks and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The threads turn to shit because they're filled up with shitty, pointless comments predicting that the thread will turn to shit. If the subject is too controversial or serious for you then simply avoid it; you don't have a duty to ruin the thread for everybody else who does want to discuss it.

I have to disagree. Threads don't tend to go downhill due to people predicting their failure; they go down hill once people get into the actual topic and start making things far too personal. Which leads to situations where half the thread is 3 or 4 people vehemently arguing extreme positions. I agree that serious topics -can- be broached on Giant Bomb, but I can agree with people when they point out how carefully they have to be handled to not derail quickly, if not immediately. A flippant opening post like this sets a serious topic up for failure, and people were right to note that it wasn't going to go well from the get go.

I appreciate your confidence in the fact that many members can discuss serious topics here, but I reject the notion that people worried about threads like this somehow cause the threads to be bad. It's people who cannot maintain a reasonable and courteous argument which lead these threads into ruin, and unfortunately, a lot of threads either gain people like that quickly or eventually gain some, causing the whole thing to descend into something barely resembling functional communication. If we're going to address something like this, we have to be careful with it and try to set the best stage we can for even the hope of a temporarily decent exchange.

#48 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

So how do I feel about Zimmerman not being guilty? can't say I'm surprised. I also won't be surprise once he gets murdered.

#49 Edited by Itwastuesday (955 posts) -

florida thinks it is a good idea to follow children and shoot them when they buy skittles

#50 Edited by falserelic (5394 posts) -

@itwastuesday said:

florida thinks it is a good idea to follow children and shoot them when they buy skittles

Also I find it funny how a 200 something pound armed man, with hand to hand combat training. Says Trevon Martin overpowered him and he felt threaten, and we all know that's bullshit.