• 27 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Hamst3r (4343 posts) -
#2 Posted by Hamst3r (4343 posts) -

I don't think I've ever made one of these creepy personal behavior threads, so how about it...

Do you have a problem with eating or drinking in the bathroom and possibly the shower? I have no issue with it.

I don't mean a plate of food with a fork and knife or anything, just simple foods, like a Poptart or a granola bar. Any snack food that can be eaten without utensils. It's something I've always been fine with. It's often that I'll be drinking a can of soda in the shower.

A roommate I've had though found this practice to be utterly detestible. She was frightened of "poop spores" so to speak.

How about you? Do you find the thought of food in the bathroom revolting or is it just a room like any other?

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Yup, totally did that like a week ago with a cookie.

#4 Edited by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

Sounds strange now that you mention it though I see no real problem with it. 
 
Unless you're shitting AND eating, in that case, hardcore bro. Hardcore.

#5 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Food in the kitchen, living room, and bedroom is okay. Eating in the bathroom doesn't sound right.

#6 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

.....No?

#7 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

Drink is fine... food. Yeah, no. Big B.

#8 Posted by grhud5194 (166 posts) -

...Food during sex? 
 
George Costanza says yes.
#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

Poop spores? I'd love to give her a pair of special poop particle hi-lighting glasses that would point out there's probably just as many in her kitchen than in her bathroom. 
 
 Either way, I don't find it wierd, but I don't think I'd ever eat something in the bathroom while taking a shower, just doesn't seem like something I'd do. I mean a small item of food, I might have done before, a morsel of chocolate or a cookie, but not much else. I will occasionally bring a soda in though, yeah.  
 
One thing that does bother people is when I take my computer (or more recently iPad) into the bathroom with me. Sorry, but I like to have a bit of reading material, and it might as well be cracked.com or something. 

#10 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

In the bathroom is fine but in the shower is just weird. This is just one of those unexplainable things that some people have major hang ups about. What does it matter if you eat a cookie or the rest of a granola bar in the morning. Even after or during a shit. I know can aerosol to an extent, but that stuff is all l over everything at that point. Again bathroom OK, Shower not so much. :)

#11 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

yes, i've done that before. i've eaten some things in the bathroom when i was going. i've drank in there also. i've even talked to my mom when i was peeing one time. it was pretty funny she was like what is that sound in the background. i said o i'm peeing.

#12 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

In the bathroom is ok IF you're just going to comb your hair, look in the mirror, or something else.  If you're going to piss or shit - WHAT THE FUCK.  Also, I don't know how you can eat or drink well in the shower without getting it all watery.

#13 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

Food in showers seem weird, but then again showers are weird....BATHS FTW....and don't you even start yelling at me you Showerfan Boy..... 

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

There's just something that feels wrong about it.

#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

How can you eat food in the shower. 
 
Your food will get all soggy.

#16 Posted by GuardianKnux (231 posts) -

I've eatin' plenty of times in the bathroom, even on the toilet.  But in the shower!?  This is madness!

#17 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" How can you eat food in the shower.  Your food will get all soggy. "
Eat facing away from the water.
#18 Posted by Hamst3r (4343 posts) -
@iam3green said:

"i've even talked to my mom when i was peeing one time."

Haha. That's another good polarizing topic; talking while peeing. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :P
#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -

I chew a lot of gum. Sometimes comes with me into the shower, where I'm immediately aware I've broken some unconscious social boundary that's been set up invisibly. 

#20 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" How can you eat food in the shower.  Your food will get all soggy. "
Eat facing away from the water. "
Then why the fuck are you even shower. 
 
Like if you got to shit you got to shit, but showering is a conscious decision.
#21 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

I've never even thought about it before. I've also never really made any effort to eat while I'm in the bathroom. It's not too out of the ordinary, I guess. I just never happened to have an appetite when heading into the bathroom because I'm usually going in there to get rid of food.. 

#22 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Depends what I'm doing in the bathroom. 

#23 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

no just no

#24 Posted by Hamst3r (4343 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Lemoncookie01 said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" How can you eat food in the shower.  Your food will get all soggy. "
Eat facing away from the water. "
Then why the fuck are you even shower."
It usually occurs when I'm pressed for time. Like, I have to leave the house in 10 minutes but I want to both shower and eat something. I'll microwave a burrito while the shower warms up and then bring it with me. :)
#25 Posted by Asian2Go (179 posts) -

Eating in the shower seems really dumb, but eating on the shitter is fine I guess.

#26 Posted by Capum15 (4572 posts) -

I'll chew gum when I use the toilet, and sometimes in the shower, but nothing else. Doesn't bother me though.

#27 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Eating on the can? Taking stuff out and putting stuff in concurrently? That just doesn't mesh for me.

#28 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

 
My bathroom smells of chlorine and other cleaning fluids. Very unpleasant odors while you're eating. No, thank you, not for me.

#29 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I regularly take cans of soda or beer, but food?  That's just impractical.  I save that for when I'm on the toilet.

#30 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I love soggy pizza sprinkled with a little bit of a soap bar, for zest.

#31 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Shower beer. 
Taking a cold beer into the shower, especially if you've already been drinking for a while...faaaantastic.
Food though i don't think I'd do. Too much potential for sogginess

#32 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I will eat in the bathroom but i wont eat in the shower that would just ruin my food.

#33 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I don't eat where I shit.

#34 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" Eating on the can? Taking stuff out and putitng stuff in concurrently? That just doesn't mesh for me. "
Pretty much this.
I have absolutely have no appetite when I'm shitting.
#35 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Maybe if there's food in my mouth I can.
 
But actually taking food in with me?
 
Fuck no.

#36 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Dude, you shit in there.

#37 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" @iam3green said:

"i've even talked to my mom when i was peeing one time."

Haha. That's another good polarizing topic; talking while peeing. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :P "
If its a complete stranger then its off putting.
#38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Dolph_Zigler said:
" @Hamst3r: Hi, I'm Dolph Zigler. "
Kofi Kingston is better then you.
#39 Posted by TheGeniousPlayer (111 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" I chew a lot of gum. Sometimes comes with me into the shower, where I'm immediately aware I've broken some unconscious social boundary that's been set up invisibly.  "
#40 Posted by AURON570 (1666 posts) -

C.
 
I mean... I guess??? Honestly the only thing I'd be worried about is crums on the floor or juice stains, bathrooms are where you do your business then get out. I don't think I'll ever eat/drink in the washroom or shower, but I guess if other people did it and didn't leave a mess I'd be okay with it. =\

#41 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

I'm gonna throw down a "no" with an "ewwww".

#42 Posted by Shadow (4966 posts) -

ahahahaha...gross

#43 Posted by zero2000 (70 posts) -

I was in the process of eating a cookie when walking into the bathroom. Finished it before doing anything though.
 
That is about the closest I have gotten to fully "eating" food in the bathroom. I certainly don't eat food in the shower.

#44 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -

Nah. I suppose it depends though. If you can pull it off that in the shower without making even more of a mess, then good on ya.
 
However there is one act I would have a problem with, and that would be pooping. Now that is really fucking gross. Why? Consider this, when you take a shit, you smell it right? Guess what that awesomely odoriferous scent you're taking into your nose is comprised of?  That's right! Shit particles. 
Floating around all over the place and onto your food. Food then goes into your mouth. Shit particles.
 
Then again we are already snorting them up our nose, so what the hell right?

#45 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Nah. I suppose it depends though. If you can pull it off that in the shower without making even more of a mess, then good on ya.  However there is one act I would have a problem with, and that would be pooping. Now that is really fucking gross. Why? Consider this, when you take a shit, you smell it right? Guess what that awesomely odoriferous scent you're taking into your nose is comprised of?  That's right! Shit particles.  Floating around all over the place and onto your food. Food then goes into your mouth. Shit particles.  Then again we are already snorting them up our nose, so what the hell right? "
What if your shit don't stink?
#46 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@Claude said:

" @wolf_blitzer85 said:

" Nah. I suppose it depends though. If you can pull it off that in the shower without making even more of a mess, then good on ya.  However there is one act I would have a problem with, and that would be pooping. Now that is really fucking gross. Why? Consider this, when you take a shit, you smell it right? Guess what that awesomely odoriferous scent you're taking into your nose is comprised of?  That's right! Shit particles.  Floating around all over the place and onto your food. Food then goes into your mouth. Shit particles.  Then again we are already snorting them up our nose, so what the hell right? "
What if your shit don't stink? "
You are truly one of the lucky ones. 
 
Enjoy that sandwich sir. 
 
Front to back.
#47 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

umm....no? kinda sick in my mind, i see the bathroom as the place where you get rid of all your waste, not a place to fuel up on more

#48 Edited by blitzkriegblizzard (196 posts) -

This thread reminds me of this

 Eating food in the toilet, don't do it kids.
 

#49 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Nah. I suppose it depends though. If you can pull it off that in the shower without making even more of a mess, then good on ya.  However there is one act I would have a problem with, and that would be pooping. Now that is really fucking gross. Why? Consider this, when you take a shit, you smell it right? Guess what that awesomely odoriferous scent you're taking into your nose is comprised of?  That's right! Shit particles.  Floating around all over the place and onto your food. Food then goes into your mouth. Shit particles.  Then again we are already snorting them up our nose, so what the hell right? "
I read somewhere about a test they did regarding  shit particles. You don't even wanna know how much gets on your toothbrush sitting up there on the sink or in the cupboard.
I can never unread it.
#50 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

Hell no! I don't want to eat a snack while I'm either taking a shit or piss nor the shower