• 87 results
#1 Edited by Sign (291 posts) -

I am heading down to the US to visit a friend and I want to bring a bunch of foods or drinks that you can find in Canada but not in the US. So far I have thought of Alexander Keiths (he loves IPAs), Ketchup chips, Smarties, Coffee Crisp, Aero. So my fellow Giant Bombers, can you think of other foods or drinks that fit this criteria?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9727 posts) -

I'm pretty sure you can get Smarties in the US. Unless those are not what I think they are.

#3 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

did you know little caesars is called pizza pizza in canada?

#4 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -
#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Don't you guys drink milk out bags? Bring one of those.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

@tfsteefs said:

All Dressed Ruffles

What do these taste like?

#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@tfsteefs said:

@kingzetta said:

did you know little caesars is called pizza pizza in canada?

there is a chain called Pizza Pizza but its not related to Little Caesars at all

but it has all the same menu items and logos and pizza pizza is the slogan for little caesars 
#13 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

@kingzetta: We have Little Ceasars in Canada as well as a chain called Pizza Pizza

@tfsteefs: All Dressed! I forgot about that, added to the list.

@PeasantAbuse: As far as I know that is only here in Ontario.

#15 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Sign said:

@kingzetta: We have Little Ceasars in Canada as well as a chain called Pizza Pizza

@tfsteefs: All Dressed! I forgot about that, added to the list.

@PeasantAbuse: As far as I know that is only here in Ontario.

Then scott pilgrim lied
#17 Posted by Patman99 (1543 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@tfsteefs said:

All Dressed Ruffles

You..... you...... you've never had all dressed chips? The taken for granted world I live in Canada.... You are missing out, they are one of my favorite type of chips.

#18 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

@tfsteefs: Another good one. Can they get Macintosh Toffee?

#20 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

Only thing I can think of is Smarties.

Oh, and Ketchup flavored chips.

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

@Patman99 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@tfsteefs said:

All Dressed Ruffles

You..... you...... you've never had all dressed chips? The taken for granted world I live in Canada.... You are missing out, they are one of my favorite type of chips.

Yeah, from what tfsteefs said they sound pretty good. Is there a reason they don't sell them in the US?

#22 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

Yeah, from what tfsteefs said they sound pretty good. Is there a reason they don't sell them in the US?

No idea, but they are missing out!

#23 Posted by billyhoush (1186 posts) -

A can of Tim Hortons' coffee?

#24 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:

@Patman99 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@tfsteefs said:

All Dressed Ruffles

....What, they dont sell all dressed ruffles in America?  Oh my Jesus
#26 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

All Dressed crisp are the greatest thing.

#27 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Yeah, they sound right up our alley I don't know what the Ruffles dudes are thinking.

@tfsteefs: I think I saw those around the time the Super Bowl was happening, but I don't know if they are still being sold here.

#28 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

I have never heard of the hot wing flavoured ruffles, that sounds awesome. I wonder if they get the Chili Cheese Ruffles those things are the bomb!

#29 Edited by pjacobson21 (198 posts) -

wait you cant buy all dressed chips outside of Canada? or ketchup? or smarties?? I had no idea.

macintosh toffee is delcious, its usually sold with the chocolate bars at a grocery store. If you're lucky enough to get one that hasnt turned to rock they are fantastic.

I'd seriously just buy a ton of all dressed chips. They are fantastic definitely one of my favourite flavours and everyone I know likes them. I had no clue they were a Canadian exclusive.

Look for these!

#30 Posted by DonutFever (3514 posts) -

MACINTOSH TOFFEE

#31 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

Lot of good foods, listed. Anyone know of some drinks (alcoholic or non)? Also wouldn't mind some IPA suggestions if anyone knows some good ones.

#32 Posted by kuz101 (208 posts) -

What is that Canadian candy that Ryan liked in one of the mailbags? It was like a small graham cracker coated with chocolate and shaped like a ball with a lot of bumps on it? I think it started with a W.

Anyway, I remember having those as a kid and they were deliciousl

#33 Edited by Sign (291 posts) -

@kuz101 said:

What is that Canadian candy that Ryan liked in one of the mailbags? It was like a small graham cracker coated with chocolate and shaped like a ball with a lot of bumps on it? I think it started with a W.

Anyway, I remember having those as a kid and they were deliciousl

I don't remember that mailbag but that sounds like Ferrero Rocher http://socialhoneycomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ferrero-rocher.jpg

#34 Edited by Gerhabio (1969 posts) -

U@Patman99 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@tfsteefs said:

All Dressed Ruffles

Yeah, many American brands have national variations across the world. Reminds me of beer in German Mc Donald's and crazy orange, sour cheese Ruffles in Mexico and recently southern California.

#35 Edited by Gerhabio (1969 posts) -

@tfsteefs: Saw them at a 7-eleven the other day but they were part of a promotional thing where people voted for different flavors (chili fries, hot wings, crap, etc). They taste like vinegar.

#36 Posted by kuz101 (208 posts) -

@Sign: No that's not it, but I do like Ferrero Rocher's.

#37 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

@kuz101: Hmm, only other thing I can think of would be Lindt/Lindor, do you know the rough time the mailbag was, I am interested now and want to try to find it.

#38 Posted by HayFourZee (360 posts) -

@Sign: Coffee Crisps you cant get them outside of Canada as for as I know.

#39 Posted by kuz101 (208 posts) -

@Sign: I am trying to find the mailbag, and the more I dig, the more I think that maybe it wasn't a mailbag, it was an office video though.

#40 Posted by Turambar (6482 posts) -
@Sign said:

@MooseyMcMan: Not sure which country you are from but what the US call Smarties we call Rockets. This is what Smarties are in Canada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties

We have those as well actually, though I forget the name on the packaging. 
#41 Posted by cyber95 (50 posts) -

Last Christmas I set up a coupla boxes full of Canadian-only food to send to some of my friends from the States.

I think that the Cherry Blasters and Fuzzy Peaches are available in the US actually, but not under that brand name.

Threw the Dew in there because it's caffeine free up here.

Also: Funny story. When both of them got their packages, the kinder eggs were broken open. That would be because of why you can't get Kinder Eggs in the US. You can't sell food that actually contains non-edible items in the US, so I supposed they were broken open "for the safety of the recipient" or in case I was hiding a bomb or something I don't know.

#42 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

@cyber95 said:

Last Christmas I set up a coupla boxes full of Canadian-only food to send to some of my friends from the States.

I think that the Cherry Blasters and Fuzzy Peaches are available in the US actually, but not under that brand name.

Also: Funny story. When both of them got their packages, the kinder eggs were broken open. That would be because of why you can't get Kinder Eggs in the US. You can't sell food that actually contains non-edible items in the US, so I supposed they were broken open "for the safety of the recipient" or in case I was hiding a bomb or something I don't know.

Hahah I forgot about the Kinder Eggs issue, I definitely have to bring those and some Cuban cigars. Do they really not have Crush Cream Soda?

#43 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

There is this place Dartmouth, Nova Scotia that serves these awesome cheeseburgers. I think it was called Dirty Burger or something. My only complaint was that a group of kids threw a bunch of glass bottles at my car.

#44 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

@Sign said:

@cyber95 said:

Hahah I forgot about the Kinder Eggs issue, I definitely have to bring those and some Cuban cigars. Do they really not have Crush Cream Soda?

If you bring in Kinder Surprises across the border you're going to have them confiscated. I think they're illegal to import into the States.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2011/01/10/man-kinder-surprise-border.html

#45 Posted by thebexexpress (38 posts) -

Well, were you coming to Australia from Canada, I'd ask you to bring enough sour cream glazed timbits to feed the nation. I haven't seen sour cream glazed donuts here! It drives me nuts!

#46 Posted by Murtaug (308 posts) -

We have almost everything listed here so far in Michigan.

#47 Posted by Strife777 (1430 posts) -

I am always surprised at the different foods one has that the other doesn't. To me Canada and the USA are basically the same country.

#48 Posted by FateOfNever (1758 posts) -

I'd say salt and vinegar french fries, but, that's not really something you can bring with you. ...And it is also much more wish that I could walk around town and just find french fry stands to buy salt and vinegar fries from.

#49 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (372 posts) -

@kingzetta: no its not...its called little caesars.

#50 Edited by kuz101 (208 posts) -