• 56 results
#1 Edited by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

When it comes to the quantities you can buy food in, it seems like it's always about making more more more bigger bigger bigger . My question to you is, what are some foods that you want to be sold in smaller quantities There are certain foods that I really enjoy eating from time to time, but I never buy them because half of it always seems to spoil before I can eat it or it requires me to cook so much of it at one meal that I end up throwing most of it out. Off the top of my head, some examples for me would be: 

• Kraft Dinner- I like to cook a box from time to time, but I hate needing to cook the entire box because I always end up throwing a good chunk of it in the garbage because I just don't want to eat all of it; and reheated KD is pretty gross.
  • Lettuce- I enjoy a nice salad, or salad in wrap, but I can only ever eat one or two a week before I get sick of eating them. So every time I buy a head of lettuce I always end up throwing out half of it, or forcing myself to eat it more regularly than I care to in such a short time that I end up getting sick of them and never buying it for months at a time.
#2 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

Tomatoes. You can buy one or two, but they're overpriced, so you get the bargain bag, or whatever. Then most go bad before I can finish one. So I started planting them and just grabbing one from my garden when I needed it and that solved it. Plus, if I get too many at once, I can make homemade ketchup or spaghetti sauce. Yum!

#3 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Don't buy heads of lettuce (ice berg I imagine) but rather a leafy kind, something like Oak Leaf maybe. They're usually much smaller and easier to work with anyway.

#4 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

I had to look up what Kraft Dinner was.

Anyway, watermelon. I hate buying the small portions, because they are so overpriced. Buying a huge watermelon for just me? Nah.

#5 Edited by Chop (1994 posts) -

I'll agree with Kraft Dinner. I always end up dumping half of the box into the damn garbage.

I want smaller loafs of bread. Oh and Sour Cream; even the smallest tubs go bad before I even make my way halfway through them. I want little one portion sized thingies.

#6 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

I don't believe anything here.

#7 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

alotta stuff from costco

#8 Posted by President_Barackbar (3434 posts) -

@gamb1t said:

alotta stuff from costco

Well, Costco is a bulk retailer, that would defeat the purpose.

#9 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Apples. I pick how many I want and place them in a bag. I always pick too many.

#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Nothing, always need more. Always.

#11 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

I find this thread offensive, people like you are the reason they dont sell Red Bull in liter bottles.

#12 Edited by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

Tortillas, I can only eat so many wraps/tacos/quesdillas in a week.

#13 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

@nrh79 said:

I had to look up what Kraft Dinner was.

Oh damn, I thought he was just saying that, didn't realize it's a thing. Canadians be messin up our language.

#14 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Hot dogs.

#15 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

burritos. I love me some burritos but some are just too damn large.

#16 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

Nothing everything here is tiny

they even sell 160ML coke cans ffs

still size dont matters becuse the food is fucking great

#17 Posted by dudeglove (7687 posts) -

Your problem is that you're eating Kraft Dinner.

#18 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Chocolate

#19 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Soft Shell Tacos, I can only eat so many wraps/tacos/quesdillas in a week.

You mean tortillas?

#20 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

@G3RHRT said:

@Mikemcn said:

Soft Shell Tacos, I can only eat so many wraps/tacos/quesdillas in a week.

You mean tortillas?

Yes! Although a softshell taco quesadilla sounds interesting.

#21 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -

Sugar. What the fuck am I supposed to do with a 25KG bag of sugar?

Bean bag?

Where are the beans!?

#22 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

@crusader8463: I completely agree with the KD thing...

#23 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@nrh79 said:

Anyway, watermelon. I hate buying the small portions, because they are so overpriced. Buying a huge watermelon for just me? Nah.

WATERMELON!?

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

@Tebbit said:

Bean bag?

Where are the beans!?

Its all bag! I've made a terrible mistake!

The concept is fundamentally flawed.

#25 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

@shinigami420: Where are you that sells coke that small?

#26 Posted by shhetghost (59 posts) -

health packs the amount of of times I end up wasting them because I'm just topping off my health.

#27 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Most soups

#28 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Kraft Dinner? OH! You mean Mac 'N Cheese!

Not sure why that had to have a different name for Canada ...

#29 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I wish McDonald's sold a mini big mac. I hold that burger as one of the greatest hamburgers ever made but no way I'm eating more than one every couple of months. If it cam in a miniature form though............

#30 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

@weeman105 said:

Kraft Dinner? OH! You mean Mac 'N Cheese!

Not sure why that had to have a different name for Canada ...

In the UK it's called Cheesey Pasta.

#31 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

You can always give it to the dog.

#32 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@satansmagichat: Kind of silly that they gave the same product three different names. Oh Kraft, you so silly ...

#33 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

@weeman105 said:

@satansmagichat: Kind of silly that they gave the same product three different names. Oh Kraft, you so silly ...

We Canadians are classy. We can't be eating "Cheesy Pasta" or "Mac n Cheese".

#34 Posted by thisguyrich (88 posts) -

Bananas. I always end up throwing at least 2 out.

#35 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Hot dog buns. I don't wish for fewer in a bag, I'd just like the buns themselves to be a little smaller so that there is less left over bun after the hot dog is eaten. I know I could just buy bigger hot dogs, but that's not always an option.

#36 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Bagged carrots.

#37 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

@Tebbit said:

Bean bag?

Where are the beans!?

Buy a plastic storage container, duh.

#38 Posted by Sinclose (90 posts) -

Chicken crispy strips. They used to have packs of 5 at a decent prize, and they did reduce it to packs of 3, but with an even larger price tag '-_-

I wouldn't mind if there were packs of 2 or even single strips that were sold for a reasonable price, I'd probably be consuming them more often if that was the case.

#39 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

This thread should be put on First World Problems.

#40 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10475 posts) -

Vegetables.

#41 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

I am not 100% sure what Kraft Dinner is, but if it is just the dried macaroni and cheese powder in the box - what is stopping you from only using half the package and halving the water/milk or whatever you add to it?

#42 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Tortillas, I can only eat so many wraps/tacos/quesdillas in a week.

You should talk to Vinny about that.

#43 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2312 posts) -

The McGriddle could stand to be maybe 15% smaller. It's just at the point where you feel a little sick after you finish one, which defeats the purpose because a McGriddle is a thing of joy.

#44 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -
@fini_fly: Eh. I can't wait until that stupid meme dies. A pox on the house of the idiot that created it.
#45 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

@crusader8463: I like it because a lot of things are true. And as silly as they are, they could be used as an eye opener to many who take for granted the social and political benefits of living in the first world. I posted that meme pic half jokingly and half in disgust at the amount of waste that some bombers admit to.

#46 Posted by lazyturtle (1227 posts) -

Basically everything at a resturant. I don't want to deal with leftovers, I detest leaving food on my plate (growing up in a Catholic school all we heard about was the starving Ethiopians) and am currently (successfully) losing weight. I don't need or want an extra scoop of rice or another pile of noodles on my plate.

#47 Posted by EndlessObsidian (473 posts) -
#48 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4632 posts) -

@fini_fly said:

@crusader8463: I like it because a lot of things are true. And as silly as they are, they could be used as an eye opener to many who take for granted the social and political benefits of living in the first world. I posted that meme pic half jokingly and half in disgust at the amount of waste that some bombers admit to.

Well the alternative is forcing food down your throat even though you're full since most people don't have a starving ethiopian on hand to give the leftovers to.

#49 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

330 ml cans. I usually drink about 75% and have to almost force myself to finish the drink.

#50 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

I completely agree with the Kraft Dinner thing.