Football Practice

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Manks

Well, I had my first day of football practice today and this is also my first year playing (I'm a freshman).  The beginning was alright gathering equipment, warm-ups, etc.  But when the end got nearer it got harder with more running, plays, more running, and more running.  I now feel like I'm going to die, and a few kids threw up.  I managed not to, but man, it's intense.  

So did anyone else here start football practice and feels like their dying?  Or does anyone have some tips for me on how not to die?

Here's what I did today before practice (if this helps):
- I ate cereal for breakfast
- I got about 8 hours of sleep

I love the sport and enjoying playing it, but I only played with my friends in the backyard.  Not on an actual team and it's much different.  I also need to work on my stamina, because I can sprint pretty fast in the beginning, but my stamina is horrible and I end up in the back after 2 laps of running.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

Yea Dude football is stuff. I would recommend working on your stamina by long distance running and swimming while holding your breathe, not only will you increase your stamina your lung capacity from holding breathe helps as well. If you really wanna get in shape, try wrestling but football is awesome. Make sure your body is well conditioned as well like eating protein and taking protein drinks. good luck to ya

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By pyromaniac
Clean said:
"Yea Dude football is stuff. I would recommend working on your stamina by long distance running and swimming while holding your breathe, not only will you increase your stamina your lung capacity from holding breathe helps as well. If you really wanna get in shape, try wrestling but football is awesome. Make sure your body is well conditioned as well like eating protein and taking protein drinks. good luck to ya"
yeah listen to him...then again you are like what 14?

Manks said:
"Well, I had my first day of football practice today and this is also my first year playing (I'm a freshman).  The beginning was alright gathering equipment, warm-ups, etc.  But when the end got nearer it got harder with more running, plays, more running, and more running.  I now feel like I'm going to die, and a few kids threw up.  I managed not to, but man, it's intense.  
So did anyone else here start football practice and feels like their dying?  Or does anyone have some tips for me on how not to die?

Here's what I did today before practice (if this helps):
- I ate cereal for breakfast
- I got about 8 hours of sleep

I love the sport and enjoying playing it, but I only played with my friends in the backyard.  Not on an actual team and it's much different.  I also need to work on my stamina, because I can sprint pretty fast in the beginning, but my stamina is horrible and I end up in the back after 2 laps of running.
"

How big are you..like your weight and height?
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

You should try eating lots of chocolate before practice. The sugar gives you a bunch of energy.

AfflictedTripp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AfflictedTripp
Clean said:
"Yea Dude football is stuff. I would recommend working on your stamina by long distance running and swimming while holding your breathe, not only will you increase your stamina your lung capacity from holding breathe helps as well. If you really wanna get in shape, try wrestling but football is awesome. Make sure your body is well conditioned as well like eating protein and taking protein drinks. good luck to ya"

Yeah wrestling is great. As far as protein drinks 1) they cost like $6 for just a few 2) I think the whole protein shakes build muscle is a myth and it builds fat instead although I may be wrong. Another good sport for stamina is something like Boxing, Taekwondo, or BJJ for example.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By pyromaniac

you know what I hate the most...when someone makes a thread asking a question and then simply fucking disappears...I am looking at you TC

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DualReaver
AfflictedTripp said:
"Clean said:

Yeah wrestling is great. As far as protein drinks 1) they cost like $6 for just a few 2) I think the whole protein shakes build muscle is a myth and it builds fat instead although I may be wrong. Another good sport for stamina is something like Boxing, Taekwondo, or BJJ for example."
Your body needs protein to rebuild the muscle you tear while working out. >_>
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0
pyromaniac said:
"you know what I hate the most...when someone makes a thread asking a question and then simply fucking disappears...I am looking at you TC"
The guy is tired. Maybe he is taking a nap or something.
AfflictedTripp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AfflictedTripp
DualReaver said:
"AfflictedTripp said:
"Clean said:

Yeah wrestling is great. As far as protein drinks 1) they cost like $6 for just a few 2) I think the whole protein shakes build muscle is a myth and it builds fat instead although I may be wrong. Another good sport for stamina is something like Boxing, Taekwondo, or BJJ for example."
Your body needs protein to rebuild the muscle you tear while working out. >_>"

Most certainly but you are supposed to get it from meat and fish and such.

"

More protein can lead to more body fat
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for protein that the average person should get in their daily diet is .8 grams for every kilogram of body weight. Lemon’s research shows that exercisers need between .8 grams and 1.7 grams per kilogram of body weight. Some bodybuilders take in four or five times as much as the RDA—and, according to this research, totally unnecessarily.

Extra protein does not automatically make extra muscle. In fact, if you eat more protein than your body uses, it will be stored as fat. So, bodybuilders who down six chicken breasts at time in between high-protein shakes and bars may be adding more to their waistline than their biceps.

Protein shakes can add as much as 200 grams or 300 grams of protein (800 to 1,200 calories) a day. If you don’t need it, the body stores all those extra calories as fat. Also, if these shakes are taking you to the high end of the protein spectrum, you may be increasing health risks—high-protein diets may cause bone loss and kidney damage.

There is some debate about the types of protein in different shakes or supplements. But the bottom line is, you probably don’t need added protein. And even if you do, it’s probably healthier to get it from real foods, not processed supplements."

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100166349