For the people that have an iPod Touch...

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin

Is it fun to use? I'm asking b/c I'm suppose to be getting one for Christmas (2nd gen 8GB) Is the wifi on the internet any good? Average battery life? Please give me all your impressions on this product, thanks.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The battery life is very good but it depends on how you're using it.  I don't really use wifi on my iPod that much because I have a laptop, but for playing MP3's the battery seems to last me two long days before needing to be recharged.  Yesterday I used my Touch all day from about 8am to 8pm.  Used the notepad to take about five pages of notes, played music the entire time, and the battery ended up around 70-80% when I was done.  I love mine, it's the best MP3 player I have ever owned.  I have a 32gb 2nd gen Touch.

Also, there are a lot of fun apps you can download for free through the iTunes App store.   I've downloaded a few free apps and bought one game, Amateur Surgeon, that is sort of like that Trauma Center game for Wii and DS.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

Yup, Yup, 36 Hours music, 6 Hours video. Very, very happy with it.

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Austin
MB said:
"The battery life is very good but it depends on how you're using it.  I don't really use wifi on my iPod that much because I have a laptop, but for playing MP3's the battery seems to last me two long days before needing to be recharged.  Yesterday I used my Touch all day from about 8am to 8pm.  Used the notepad to take about five pages of notes, played music the entire time, and the battery ended up around 70-80% when I was done.  I love mine, it's the best MP3 player I have ever owned.  I have a 32gb 2nd gen Touch.

Also, there are a lot of fun apps you can download for free through the iTunes App store.   I've downloaded a few free apps and bought one game, Amateur Surgeon, that is sort of like that Trauma Center game for Wii and DS."
Wow, so it can be like a portable handheld system, one of my buddies said something about Metal Gear comming to the iPhone, I wish it would come to the ipod Touch:(
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

It is.

Anything that comes to the iPhone generally comes to the iPod Touch, unless it requires a mic.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Andrew
Drebin_893 said:
"It is.

Anything that comes to the iPhone generally comes to the iPod Touch, unless it requires a mic."
The Ipod Touch 2g has mic support via headset. As far as I know ALL games are backwards compatible between the ITouch and Phone.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike
Austin said"
Wow, so it can be like a portable handheld system, one of my buddies said something about Metal Gear comming to the iPhone, I wish it would come to the ipod Touch:("

It's the same thing, the only difference is that the iPhone is a phone, they can both use the same apps and games from the App Store.
buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buckwatters

For myself, the apps are what convinced me to buy an Iphone (I realize you want a touch but they're practically the same thing), the biggest drawback to the tough IMO is that its only WI-FI unlike the Iphone which does have the 3G network, so you are not always able to get internet acces on it, I would still get a touch if I didnt have the phone the apps are worth it SIM CITY YES lol

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drebin_893

Andrew said:
"Drebin_893 said:
"It is.

Anything that comes to the iPhone generally comes to the iPod Touch, unless it requires a mic."
The Ipod Touch 2g has mic support via headset. As far as I know ALL games are backwards compatible between the ITouch and Phone."

Yeah, but certain games will not even sync to the iPod Touch, because they do not consider it standard.
Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup I have a 1st gen, but i love everything about it, Its durable, good battery life as long as you watch wifi use, slick interface,  money well spent.