Forever Friday or forever Sunday?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Forever Friday or forever Sunday? (143 votes)

Forever Friday: you have work or school, but the weekend starts tonight! 48%
Forever Sunday: you have a full free day, but Monday is coming... 39%
Alphaville's "Forever Young" (See the results.) 11%

Kind of weird, for about two months now I've fleetingly and randomly thought about making this poll, and suddenly the crew starts discussing it on Unpro.

You have to choose between Friday and Sunday. Whichever you choose will be infinitely repeated, but not like in the movie Groundhog Day. You won't remember or be able to gain any advantage from the cyclical nature of time.

If you pick Friday, you'll wake up every day and it'll be Friday. You'll have to go to school or work, but you'll "know" that the weekend is right around the corner, and you'll get to do whatever it is you do on Friday nights.

Pick Sunday and you have a day free from the weekday drudgery, but with the coming workweek looming overhead, and anything that you'd normally do to prepare for impending work or school would still have to be done.

Note: adjust these answers as necessary if you don't have a Monday-to-Friday workweek with a Saturday/Sunday weekend.

• 
Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shit gets done on Fridays. The world keeps going, but throughout is hope for the coming break. So many things don't happen on Sundays (both for religious/historical reasons and also because we live in a working society where the majority of jobs have downtime on weekends) so on Sundays you are much limited with the range of things you can do (even if you have more time to do the remaining choices).

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Friday. Sunday is just dread of knowing I have a full week of work ahead of me.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have no idea why, but Sundays always just have this... gloomy atmosphere to it for me. It's not even a work or school thing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Endlessly repeating the same day with no hope of affecting actual change or gaining any understanding that could spur on personal growth?

... This sounds like a good idea how exactly?

I'd probably pick Sunday. I like sleeping in.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunday easy for me. My local archery club has a weekly tournament on Sundays and we always go out for lunch after. Endless archery and good times with friends sounds like some fun.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shindig

Forever Sunday. Its the only option available where you have no commitments. Stay up 24 hour straight, if you want. Tomorrow's Sunday. The alternative is that you're locked in a cycle of work and the weekend you look forward to will never arrive.

I'd rather actually be in it than look forward to it.

klocuff12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By klocuff12

Sunday is way better option than Friday... Unless you work on Sunday and have to get up early while other chill that's the worst

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friday. You can't buy alcohol here on Sundays, and I always do my homework on Sunday. So even though I'd have work on Friday I'd still get more quality free time at night.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#9 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Friday. I do all my homework on Sunday .

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forever Sunday, no question. I've been out of school longer than I was in it, I don't take work home, and I don't mind going to work most days (except for the commute, which I hate with the burning fire of a thousand suns).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted wrong but sundays. I have to work late on fridays (and saturdays).

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friday is so full of potential. Sunday is the recovery from said accomplishments. Give me forever Friday any day of the week.

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sunday, definitely. Football happens on Sunday, and as someone who works 5 days a week, its the only day I actually feel like I can relax. Friday night/Saturday is full of social commitments. Sunday is just sit in my recliner, drink a beer, and watch some Football.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just comes down to what day I'm usually happier on, I guess. Fridays I suppose, but that's the nature of hope, huh?

The question can be distilled to, "would you rather have false hope, or no hope at all?" Without the weekend to follow, Fridays lose much of their appeal. Sundays are unpleasant because of the imminent dread of another turn in the soul crushing mechanism that is your life. You can choose to believe in a false respite from your droll, meaningless existence. Or you can choose to live in a perpetual state of unrest, fear that this week might be the one where you finally break free from the cycle, knowing full well that you'll take the abuse again and return seven days later for more. Ultimately all hope is false and all you're granted is brief contentment when you push away your innate existential dread long enough to convince yourself that you might be doing something meaningful or fun. Ultimately Friday ticks by just the same as Sunday, and it's all just another step closer to your inevitable, quiet death.

But, also I get a donut for breakfast on Fridays, so that.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Friday. I go out on Saturdays so I'd have that anticipation. I also do most of my work of Fridays so I'd have that satisfaction as well.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's forever Sunday then there is no need to worry about a Monday coming to ruin it, whereas most of Friday is lost to being subjugated by the man.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

If it's forever Sunday then there is no need to worry about a Monday coming to ruin it, whereas most of Friday is lost to being subjugated by the man.

That's the thing, though; in this scenario you don't know that Monday will never arrive. When you wake up on Sunday morning, in your mind yesterday was Saturday and tomorrow will be Monday. Likewise, if Friday's your day, you'll never notice that Saturday never arrives.

zigzagwanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I don't know that the cycle will repeat ad nauseam, then I'd take Friday. A day of work with the high you get of knowing you have two days off is better to me than a full day off with the thought of the full work week on the horizon.

Obviously that's all null and void if I knew that everyday would be like Sunday (Morrissey reference...), as infinite days off would be great.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friday, Sunday is the day that I typically reserve for taking care of all the boring shit piled up that I didn't have time to do during the week.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lucifer

Friday is the day of hope, the light at the end of the tunnel, a day filled with infinite possibilities of what the weekend could hold. That very thought is sweeter than the actual weekend itself.

Sunday is nothing but a day of dread, awaiting the impending doom; the thought of having a whole week worth of work ahead of you is worse than the actual week. Now imagine having every day be that. It's basically the first circle of hell in earthly form.

You people voting Sunday are crazy.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If I had to pick a day to repeat, I'd prefer Sunday over Friday, although today is Sunday and I had to go into the office anyway. *sigh*

I voted for Alphaville because I really like that song.