#1 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -
#2 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

It's true.

#3 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1182 posts) -

Nothing tall people love more than people pointing out how tall they are...

#4 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

Holy shit, that dude is tall.

#5 Edited by villainy (558 posts) -

PHWOOO... Sigh.. I miss interns.

#6 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -
#7 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1182 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@icicle7x3: As a 6'3" man, I agree.

Im 6'6", and man it never gets old...

I feel for poor Ben.

#8 Edited by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

This is why being 6'1" is great; tall enough to be 'tall' but no one says shit about it.

#9 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1130 posts) -

I wonder if he suffers from acromegaly...but I hope it's just constitutional tall height...

#10 Edited by TruthTellah (9133 posts) -

That first pic is their Indie album cover, right?

#11 Edited by JYoung (153 posts) -

I thought this looked like him! That is pretty cool.

#12 Edited by mosespippy (4189 posts) -

He's also on a pretty dumbgreat podcast with other former interns where they make fun of waluigi's penis.

#13 Edited by Kidavenger (3560 posts) -

Looks like he's also lost a shit tonne of weight too, good job.

#14 Edited by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

The one in the car cracks me up.

#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Why the long face?

snark

#16 Edited by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Depending on those door heights heights, he is either 6'9", 6'11", or 7'2" since it looks like he isn't standing up straight in the picture with the Rock Band drums.

Anyone know how tall he actually is? I am leaning more towards 6'9" due to that apartment kitchen being extremely small and probably running 6'6" doors.

EDIT: An hour after posting this I actually clicked on the provided link. Apparently, 6'10".

#17 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

The pan and drums one made me chuckle, but I was not expecting to laugh as much as I did at that shower one.

#18 Edited by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

I'm tall.

I do not fucking play, nor motherfucking enjoy basketball.

Thank you.

#19 Edited by Daveyo520 (6770 posts) -

I feel short at 6' 1" now.

#20 Posted by BaneFireLord (2936 posts) -

I'm tall.

I do not fucking play, nor motherfucking enjoy basketball.

Thank you.

#21 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

I am 6'7" and I hit my head on a ton of dumb shit.

#22 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5536 posts) -

Tall people are pretty special, I mean really, everybody looks up to them. Zing!

#23 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

I like tall people! I get to tilt my head up to look at them, not something I do often at all.

#24 Posted by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

Hell yeah, All Hail the Kingtern!

Also, Ben lost a ton of weight. Good on him.

#25 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -
#26 Posted by FlipperDesert (2088 posts) -

Oh, shit! I saw this yesterday on Reddit and thought he was familiar. As a fellow tall person at 6'5" I share his pain.

#27 Edited by Nightriff (5094 posts) -

5'9" and I'm the exact opposite, oh well, I like my height

EDIT: Should say 5'9" on a great day that is

#28 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

I wonder if he suffers from acromegaly...but I hope it's just constitutional tall height...

I read in the reddit comments thread that he had open heart surgery last year for a condition he has. Must be where he gets his super powers!

#29 Edited by BBAlpert (1478 posts) -

@eujin said:

Also, Ben lost a ton of weight. Good on him.

This.

#30 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -
#31 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@dalai said:

I think this whole being tall thing is going to his head.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ben-standing-next-to-things-in-japan

SUP. IT TOTALLY HAS. I've come to collect my dues from the Internet. But seriously, I'm very much grateful for even the little bit of money I get from this and am planning on doing stuff from Japan regardless of the outcome.

He's also on a pretty dumbgreat podcast with other former interns where they make fun of waluigi's penis.

Hahahaha... yeah...

#32 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -
#33 Posted by Ravelle (1277 posts) -

I'm 6'2 and I've been too Japan as well, I've hit my head countless of times against beams in their old cultural cottages.

#34 Posted by Sanj (2393 posts) -

6'4 and I'm barely able to walk through doorways when wearing shoes.

#35 Edited by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

This is like Tall People Anonymous up in here!

#36 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

I remember when I met Ben. I just wanted to scream, "HOLY FUCKING BALLS YOU'RE TALL AS SHIT!!". But I figured he's had about a billion people say that in his life.

#37 Edited by zoozilla (979 posts) -

@ravelle said:

I'm 6'2 and I've been too Japan as well, I've hit my head countless of times against beams in their old cultural cottages.

Yeah, the last time I was in Japan I felt really self-conscious whenever I was in a supermarket. My head would always be way higher than the tallest shelves, and I could feel people's stares.

#38 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

There's no way that's acromegaly. Acromegaly enlarges all the tissues in the body. He's normal but just tall. There are actually pictures I've seen of Acromegaly in a woman that makes her look like a man when she reaches middle ages.

#39 Edited by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Fuck, I had seen this thread last night and kept wondering where the hell I saw this guy before, now I know, BEN.

#40 Posted by Ravelle (1277 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

@ravelle said:

Yeah, the last time I was in Japan I felt really self-conscious whenever I was in a supermarket. My head would always be way higher than the tallest shelves, and I could feel people's stares.

I was expecting to attract some weird looks where ever I went but was treated equally everywhere, a wonderful surprise. I hope to go back someday.

#41 Posted by Brendan (7813 posts) -

Congrats on losing the weight! And if its due to heart surgery stuff, then congrats on being alive!

#42 Posted by zoozilla (979 posts) -

@ravelle: Yeah, they weren't malicious stares or anything; it was just something they weren't used to. I should note it was not in a huge metropolitan city.

But yeah, the people I met there were super nice and inviting.