Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

@animasta said:

@amikron said:

@isomeri said:

American news is so ridiculous! It would be really hilarious if it wasn't mostly sad.

I'll give you a hint, "news" worldwide is sad and ridiculous. The "media" companies that give us our daily "news" are fucking jokes at this point. To limit your distaste to just the media in the USA is being a bit close-minded don't you think?

both the BBC and Al Jazeera are better than most American news stations

Yep the BBC, Al Jazeera and many of my local news organizations have far better reporting than what I've seen from across the pond. Reporters usually stick with the facts, don't try to speculate constantly and promote discussion in stead of conflict. Sure there is a lot of trash out there outside of the American news organizations as well and the yellow press over here in Finland is one gross example of that. But generally speaking when it comes to televised news at least the US has gone off the reservation.

@zeforgotten: And yes I was mostly referring to the big stupid tablets and enormous sets with 3D holograms and the works. Granted the BBC does use similar hardware up to a point, but they are far less reliant on people reading tweets from 50" screens and having theatrical music play over every segment with flags waving non-stop.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

wow that's dumb.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By newmoneytrash

@tycobb said:

I read it as "tables" and then was staring at the table behind Smith trying to figure out if it was really "that" big. 30 seconds later I noticed the tablets.

I did the exact same thing. I was all "Yo, that table is KINDA big, but it's not really ridiculous or anything."

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fox News has a new Propaganda room, with GIANT tablets

FIXED

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Perhaps with the aid of the brand new Apple ISlab they'll begin to actually report news....

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Breaking news: Fox News now broadcasting from bridge of The Enterprise.

RavenousJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Big Tablets are the latest rage haven't you heard lol

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big tablets are pointless.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/429705/october-10-2013/because-shep---fox-news-deck---colbert-info-news-veranda

Colbert's segment on this had me on the floor

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@animasta said:

@amikron said:

@isomeri said:

American news is so ridiculous! It would be really hilarious if it wasn't mostly sad.

I'll give you a hint, "news" worldwide is sad and ridiculous. The "media" companies that give us our daily "news" are fucking jokes at this point. To limit your distaste to just the media in the USA is being a bit close-minded don't you think?

both the BBC and Al Jazeera are better than most American news stations

Yep the BBC, Al Jazeera and many of my local news organizations have far better reporting than what I've seen from across the pond. Reporters usually stick with the facts, don't try to speculate constantly and promote discussion in stead of conflict. Sure there is a lot of trash out there outside of the American news organizations as well and the yellow press over here in Finland is one gross example of that. But generally speaking when it comes to televised news at least the US has gone off the reservation.

@zeforgotten: And yes I was mostly referring to the big stupid tablets and enormous sets with 3D holograms and the works. Granted the BBC does use similar hardware up to a point, but they are far less reliant on people reading tweets from 50" screens and having theatrical music play over every segment with flags waving non-stop.

Yep, the news on our public (that is, federal government financed) news network up here in Canada is much better than its US equivalent. The french arm of the station is actually much better than its english, US influenced, counterpart. International news, war zone reporting, investigative journalism on political corruption, you name it. Weird how news becomes much better when it's not chasing the highest ratings or competing with bigger, privately owned networks appealing to the lowest common denominator.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By jgf

Thats how I imagine every tablet has to look like in 'Murica :P

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-___-

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because when I want to work more efficiently, I use touchscreens. Because that's WAY faster, right ? Also, fuck controllers, the Kinect is where it's at.

I don't actually care that much, I never watch TV at all anymore.

They should have just gone full Kinect and had shepard smith's avatar in some CG studio with youtube videos and twitter feeds swirling around his head. That might have actually been less dumb that making a bunch of people (who must have better things to do) sit in front of a giant touch screens swiping between fake twitter feeds trying to uncover "news".

At one point is Shep going to walk around, leering over someones's shoulders while they frantically flap their arms in an attempt to make BluntSmokah420's tweet about 'the gay agenda' relevant to todays news.

"Well you see Shep, Blunt believes that homosexuals are ruining America and as you can see here, his recent tweet about "gay fags on Blops2" has been retweeted at least 50+ times. This confirms our earlier information from Buzzfeed citing 12 reasons why video games were better in the 90s."