Fox's Animation Domination! Cleveland Show premieres, new season!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

A fantastic showing for all shows!

The Simpsons was fantastically hilarious, keeping the momentum from last year's awesome season.

The Cleveland Show started out great, but let's see how it goes....

Family Guy, although not very funny, raised the bar on how TV cartoons are produced. The Disney sequence blew my mind!

American Dad....was great!

How about you?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

IF I LIVED NEXT TO A BEAR I WOULD SHOOT IT, AND IF IT SPOKE IN A RUSSIAN ACCENT, I WOULD SHIT MY PANTS!!!!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By penguindust

Wow, we must have watched different shows on FOX because my impression of the "night of premeires" was one of strong disappointment.  The Simpsons episode was one of the weaker ones I've seen in a good long time when compared to last seasons crop of better than average shows.  The Cleveland Show was so hurried and bland, I often flipped over to something, anything else to wake up.  The bear was kind of funny, but everything about the focus family was just pablum.  I had hopes when I saw that Family Guy was airing one of their "On the Road" shows since I count them among the funniest.  But this one was just an excuse to see the characters in wacky worlds.  I picked up at the Disney section but it ended with a tired joke.  Same thing with the Robot Chicken part.  By the time American Dad was on, I had had enough.  I watched a few minutes of it and switched over to the ballgame. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

How is Seth MacFarlane not the richest man on the planet?

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

American Dad was good, the rest was pretty meh. Mind Quad!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

I loved the Disney part on family guy... everything else was meh. Especially the Cleveland show, I didn't really like it. They pretty much use the same gags from family guy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Three back-to-back Seth MacFarlane cartoons... I don't know man. They're all identical in my mind, and I'm not a fan. Even though I loved the Simpsons for a long long time, these new episodes have been awful. I can't believe they canceled King of the Hill for Cleveland Show... 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
@suneku said:
" I loved the Disney part on family guy... everything else was meh. Especially the Cleveland show, I didn't really like it. They pretty much use the same gags from family guy. "
NAME ONE TIME A TALKING BEAR WAS ON FAMILY GUY!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I only watched The Simpsons last night. I don't know if I can handle 3 Seth MacFarlane shows all next to each other. But The Simpsons was great and featured perhaps my favorite character in the show, Comic Book Guy.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269

Wow I have the opposite opinions. The simpsons has gone stale IMO and should be taken out back and shot. The show has gone on for too long. I don't find it funny anymore. I don't really see the cleveland show going on for too long and wonder why they picked him for a spin-off when they should of picked someone more interesting, maybe Quagmire? As for Family Guy I hate to watch it now because that show now rapes any memories I have of the old classic Family Guy from the first couple of seasons. As for American Dad, I don't hate but I don't really care for it either.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Afroman269
@KaosAngel said:
" @suneku said:
" I loved the Disney part on family guy... everything else was meh. Especially the Cleveland show, I didn't really like it. They pretty much use the same gags from family guy. "
NAME ONE TIME A TALKING BEAR WAS ON FAMILY GUY! "
Well unless your joking, I would have to say the episode that Chris' hot new english teacher killed the husband with a talking bear.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
@Afroman269 said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @suneku said:
NAME ONE TIME A TALKING BEAR WAS ON FAMILY GUY! "
Well unless your joking, I would have to say the episode that Chris' hot new english teacher killed the husband with a talking bear. "
O_o  damn...I forgot about that episode.  You win.

CLEVELAND SHOW BEAR WAS BETTER! 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By penguindust
@Afroman269 said:

" why they picked him for a spin-off when they should of picked someone more interesting, maybe Quagmire?  "

Seth MacFarlane addressed this in numerous interviews.  His answer is no one wants to see a show about a rapist.  It's a joke response, sure, but I think it states how one dimensional he views the character.  I believe he sees Cleveland as having greater potential for growth.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#14  Edited By citizenkane

I'm still skeptical about The Cleveland Show.  It's a spin-off of the least funny of the 4 guys on Family GuyThe Simpsons episode was great and I'm glad they are back to their old form.  The Family Guy episode was funny and spectacular from a production standpoint.  As you said, the Disney part was amazing.  American Dad was also very funny.  I love the take on Platoon/Born of the Fourth of July.

Overall, I am very excited about the new season of Animation Domination.  ^__^

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cube

I don't understand how The Simpsons is still on TV.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

At some point Sunday Night animation domination became TGIF from the 90s, that thing that I no longer understand that a ton of people seem to love watching. Even people who hate the shows can't stop watching. They watch the show, then wonder how its still on the air, and they're not being satirical. Baffling.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Afroman269
@PenguinDust said:
" @Afroman269 said:

" why they picked him for a spin-off when they should of picked someone more interesting, maybe Quagmire?  "

Seth MacFarlane addressed this in numerous interviews.  His answer is no one wants to see a show about a rapist.  It's a joke response, sure, but I think it states how one dimensional he views the character.  I believe he sees Cleveland as having greater potential for growth. "
Thats true now that I think about it but Cleveland just seems boring. Joe would be more exciting at least. I don't know, I think that there are just better choices than Cleveland. 

@Cube said:
" I don't understand how The Simpsons is still on TV. "
I wonder the same thing too......
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel
@Afroman269 said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" @Afroman269 said:

Seth MacFarlane addressed this in numerous interviews.  His answer is no one wants to see a show about a rapist.  It's a joke response, sure, but I think it states how one dimensional he views the character.  I believe he sees Cleveland as having greater potential for growth. "
Thats true now that I think about it but Cleveland just seems boring. Joe would be more exciting at least. I don't know, I think that there are just better choices than Cleveland. 

@Cube said:
I wonder the same thing too...... "
I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't mind a show about a rapist.  The industry needs to move forward and stop being such babies.  Europe and Korea/Japan have such lax TV regulations.  About time America does the same.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By evanbrau

Just watched the new Simpsons nice to see they are continuing the elven year tradition of not being funny, I wish it would just end and the memory of the good episodes could be kept intact. The longer it goes on the worse its getting.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Afroman269
@evanbrau said:
" Just watched the new Simpsons nice to see they are continuing the elven year tradition of not being funny, I wish it would just end and the memory of the good episodes could be kept intact. The longer it goes on the worse its getting. "
That's my exact thoughts on Family Guy. Once in a while I watch it for like 5 minutes and start to feel really uncomfortable at what I'm watching because the show is completely different from what it used to be.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By penguindust
@Afroman269:   Cleveland is boring.  That's one of the problems with the show.  In my opinion, he should have just made the show about the bear and his family.  The story of an anthropomorphic Russian bear living in South Carolina with his family of bears would have been more entertaining to me.   It's an immigrant tale and we haven't seen one of those on TV in a while.  Cleveland and the rest of the family are just too "blah" to hold my interest.  Maybe he'll flesh them out over time.  I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, however my early impressions are not strong for the show.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Willy105
@Cube said:

Mostly because it's funny and doesn't get old.

@evanbrau said:
" Just watched the new Simpsons nice to see they are continuing the elven year tradition of not being funny, I wish it would just end and the memory of the good episodes could be kept intact. The longer it goes on the worse its getting. "

I'm not sure what show you are watching.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ninjakiller

American Dad was the best out of all the premieres.  I used to despise that show completely, so that's saying alot.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Willy105
@ninjakiller said:
" American Dad was the best out of all the premieres.  I used to despise that show completely, so that's saying alot. "
Oh yeah, American Dad is a really great show, mostly because it's smarter than the other two McFarlane shows.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Afroman269
@Willy105 said:
" @Cube said:

Mostly because it's funny and doesn't get old.

@evanbrau said:
I'm not sure what show you are watching. "
Probably the simpsons because I don't see how that show is funny anymore. IMO it's like an old dog that just won't die. If you like it then that's your opinion and your entitled to it as much as I am to mine.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Willy105

Sure, everybody is entitled to their opinion, but the point of a forum is to discuss the opinions and see why they are different.

What about it specifically did you see that it wasn't funny anymore?

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By sixghost
@Willy105 said:
" @ninjakiller said:
" American Dad was the best out of all the premieres.  I used to despise that show completely, so that's saying alot. "
Oh yeah, American Dad is a really great show, mostly because it's smarter than the other two McFarlane shows. "

Rofl that's not saying much dude.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Cube

Honestly, the Simpsons is so past it's prime it hurts.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Willy105
@sixghost said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @ninjakiller said:
Oh yeah, American Dad is a really great show, mostly because it's smarter than the other two McFarlane shows. "
Rofl that's not saying much dude. "
But it still makes a difference.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By evanbrau
@Willy105: I'm watching the show that has abandoned being anyway intelligent or funny for stupid gimmick jokes and having every flash in the pan celebrity they can think of doing nonsensical voice over parts (I understand guest voices have always been part of the Simpsons but they used to be someway intelligent and funny and not just "oh hey look at this famous person playing themselves for no reason"). Also a show that has chopped out any kind of multi-dimensional element to their characters. In particular Homer you used to be a genuinely interesting and funny character who actually had emotions beyond anger. Now he is just a screeching retard who is a completely unlikeable character. I hope every year the show won't be renewed but I doubt it'll ever be canceled.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Willy105

@evanbrau : Well, I didn't see any of that in this new episode or the HD episodes of last season. I once also thought the same thing about The Simpsons, but the thing is, it's changing. The stories are now funnier and deal with more topics than just hi-jinks in Springfield or random celebrity jokes.

Homer was very good in this new episode, and saw many different sides to him, especially alongside Marge.