#1 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

Here's a code for 20$ off of some PC game purchases. It works. I just got Dragon Age 2 for free. Anything under 19.99 can be bundled. I know NFS: Hot Pursuit is also eligible.

OS3874XVC

Enjoy :)

#2 Posted by tamriilin (94 posts) -

Wow. Yep. Just got DA2 for free. Thanks!

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3336 posts) -

Holy that actually worked. I got the original Dragon Age. I had it on Xbox but I knew I would enjoy it more so I've been waiting for it to go on sale. Can't beat free.

#4 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

Ummm...

Anything else on Origin under 20 that isn't Dragon Age II?

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Neat, thanks for the notice. From the NeoGAF thread, it seems some people are managing to dupe this and get several games for free.

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Neat, thanks for the notice. From the NeoGAF thread, it seems some people are managing to dupe this and get several games for free.

Link to that thread, please?

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

Guess I will log onto Origin.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
#9 Posted by QuantumPilot (86 posts) -

The saboteur.

#10 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

Man, Origin must be getting hit hard. The site is a dead crawl right now.

#11 Edited by Ben_H (3336 posts) -
@Doctorchimp: FEAR 3, Arkham City, the old Battlefields, Mass Effect 1 or 2, Crysis, Darksiders, DMC4, Dead Space and Dead Space 2, Dragon Age: Origins 
  
I bet this will all be cancelled when  i wake up. I just got the one game though.
#12 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1375 posts) -

wow.......really worked, grabbed a copy of Spore.....not sure why but now its there. 

#13 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Neat, thanks for the notice. From the NeoGAF thread, it seems some people are managing to dupe this and get several games for free.

Yeah, it's pretty simple. If you add multiple games to the one purchase, it discounts them each separately and you can get them all for free. Not sure if EA will just take them back or whatever though.

#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@Doctorchimp: FEAR 3, Arkham City, the old Battlefields, Mass Effect 1 or 2, Crysis, Darksiders, DMC4, Dead Space and Dead Space 2, Dragon Age: Origins I bet this will all be cancelled when i wake up. I just got the one game though.

Yeah, I thinking of getting Battlefield 3 premium edition for 40 bucks since i don't have it yet.

Also you left out the only game I don't have that I want from EA Origin...Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

Tried it for DMC4, but it didn't take it off. Is it only for EA games?

#16 Edited by Ben_H (3336 posts) -
@Doctorchimp: Oh didn't even think of it because I already own it on Steam. 
 
@FluxWaveZ: The best part of that thread so far is people congratulating each other when DA2 transactions weren't working and the people who came to the sad realization that they now own Dragon Age II. 
 
Edit: The code in the OP is dead now.
#17 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

May I ask what is this supposed to be? Not saying it's sketch, just curious... thanks for the news!

#18 Posted by Ben_H (3336 posts) -
@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.
#19 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@Doctorchimp: Oh didn't even think of it because I already own it on Steam.

@FluxWaveZ: The best part of that thread so far is people congratulating each other when DA2 transactions weren't working and the people who came to the sad realization that they now own Dragon Age II. Edit: The code in the OP is dead now.

I'm still using it.

It's working for Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Need for SPeed...

All games I never owned.

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

It worked for me. Got Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Spore in my library now.

#21 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

Man, Origin must be getting hit hard. The site is a dead crawl right now.

I've never used it until now. I was just wonder why it was so damn slow.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Neat, thanks for the notice. From the NeoGAF thread, it seems some people are managing to dupe this and get several games for free.

Link to that thread, please?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495497

Thanks man.

Grabbed Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Burnout Paradise, Mercenaries 2, and The Saboteur.

#23 Posted by me3639 (1747 posts) -

Just to be clear this is the same community that frowns on PC pirates, correct?

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

Code isn't working now. Must of punched it in before it went invalid the first time.

#25 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@FluxWaveZ: The best part of that thread so far is people congratulating each other when DA2 transactions weren't working and the people who came to the sad realization that they now own Dragon Age II. Edit: The code in the OP is dead now.

I kind of thought DA2 was a good game actually. The combat was a bit trivial, but that made the story feel relatively uninterrupted. And concentrating on a single city was a nice change from the bigger world = better thing that has been going on.

Although I bought most of the stuff that is $20 now for $1-$2 from amazon last January. Wouldn't EA be fairly well justified in banning people for using this code multiple times anyway?

#26 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

FREEEEEEEEE!

#27 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@me3639 said:

Just to be clear this is the same community that frowns on PC pirates, correct?

I'm considering this an early birthday present from EA.

#28 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@me3639 said:

Just to be clear this is the same community that frowns on PC pirates, correct?

I'm looking at my shopping cart and wondering if I can sneak Battlefield 2142 into it and still get it for free....

#29 Posted by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

Damn they took the store down it was running so slow damn so close to arkham on the pc ah well.

#30 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.

Sounds like we're gonna wake up tmr morning with our accounts banned though :( Doesn't EA have a trackrecord like this?

#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@Evilsbane said:

Damn they took the store down it was running so slow damn so close to arkham on the pc ah well.

No, the store's still working. Code's not, though.

#32 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@themangalist said:

@Ben_H said:

@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.

Sounds like we're gonna wake up tmr morning with our accounts banned though :( Doesn't EA have a trackrecord like this?

That would be kind of a dick move considering it's such an easy thing to do some people probably did it on accident and thought that's how the code was supposed to work.

#33 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Evilsbane said:

Damn they took the store down it was running so slow damn so close to arkham on the pc ah well.

No, the store's still working. Code's not, though.

For you.

I just got Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Need for Speed 2 seconds ago.

#34 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

Just double dipped, Medal of Honor and Dragon Age: Origins. Mildly worried about Account Bannu

#35 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

code is legit.... i just did the survey for origin in my E-mail and it's basically the same code for the discount.

#36 Edited by themangalist (1731 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@themangalist said:

@Ben_H said:

@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.

Sounds like we're gonna wake up tmr morning with our accounts banned though :( Doesn't EA have a trackrecord like this?

That would be kind of a dick move considering it's such an easy thing to do some people probably did it on accident and thought that's how the code was supposed to work.

But then I remember reading about how EA is very anal and bans people over stupid exploits in SWTOR and BF3... Anyways, I got all the old BF games from the code. Thanks, I'd only lose BF3 on my Origin if my account ever gets banned. If that ever happens, it would suck for people with all the ME3 multiplayer stuff :P

edit: Funny you said dickmove, when we're talking about big corporates like EA.

#37 Posted by Doctorchimp (4073 posts) -

@themangalist said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@themangalist said:

@Ben_H said:

@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.

Sounds like we're gonna wake up tmr morning with our accounts banned though :( Doesn't EA have a trackrecord like this?

That would be kind of a dick move considering it's such an easy thing to do some people probably did it on accident and thought that's how the code was supposed to work.

But then I remember EA being very anal about banning people over stupid exploits in SWTOR and BF3... Anyways, I got all the old BF games from the code. Thanks, I only lose BF3 on my Origin if my account ever gets banned. If that ever happens, it would suck for people with all the ME3 multiplayer stuff though.

If I go back to double dip and try to nab Battlefield 2142....

Will there be people on these boards willing to play it?

#38 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@themangalist said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@themangalist said:

@Ben_H said:

@themangalist: It was apparently for some survey EA wanted people to do. They just gave the same code to everyone. But then people figured out how to dupe it.

Sounds like we're gonna wake up tmr morning with our accounts banned though :( Doesn't EA have a trackrecord like this?

That would be kind of a dick move considering it's such an easy thing to do some people probably did it on accident and thought that's how the code was supposed to work.

But then I remember EA being very anal about banning people over stupid exploits in SWTOR and BF3... Anyways, I got all the old BF games from the code. Thanks, I only lose BF3 on my Origin if my account ever gets banned. If that ever happens, it would suck for people with all the ME3 multiplayer stuff though.

If I go back to double dip and try to nab Battlefield 2142....

Will there be people on these boards willing to play it?

I'll play it with ya. 1 on 1 playing Titan mode.

#39 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@clstirens said:

Just double dipped, Medal of Honor and Dragon Age: Origins. Mildly worried about Account Bannu

I'm too afraid to take any more than 1. My sister just made an account and is going fucking mad though.

#40 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Got myself Mass Effect 1, I haven't been able to play it since my 360s died 2 years ago. How I missed thee. And now I don't have to wait for the PS3 collection of the game.

#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

No, the store's still working. Code's not, though.

For you.

I just got Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Need for Speed 2 seconds ago.

Never mind.

#42 Posted by geirr (2508 posts) -

Not worth installing Origin for. >:|

#43 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -

Yeah, that's great that I decided to sleep an hour longer today.

#44 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@me3639 said:

Just to be clear this is the same community that frowns on PC pirates, correct?

Origin has made the code readily available by completing a survey. Please tell me how this is akin to pirating.

#45 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Ended up getting SimCity 4. Never played it, and I'm anxiously waiting for the new one.

Online
#46 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Butano said:

Ended up getting SimCity 4. Never played it, and I'm anxiously waiting for the new one.

SimCity 4 is so god damn good. Enjoy it, man.

#47 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

Same thing happened with one of the Medal of Honor games back when it was EA Store. They're pretty incompetent.

Online
#48 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

@clstirens said:

@Butano said:

Ended up getting SimCity 4. Never played it, and I'm anxiously waiting for the new one.

SimCity 4 is so god damn good. Enjoy it, man.

Hoping to. Started playing a bit of Tropico 3 again in the meantime, so I'm looking forward to how different it is.

Online
#49 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I got it to work twice. I used the client the first time and then went to the website and used it again.

#50 Posted by wemibelec90 (1609 posts) -

@devilzrule27: Pretty sure he means the people who are abusing it to get as many games as they want.