#151 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3599 posts) -

Only works for the first game in your cart no matter if the total value of the games is equal to 20 bucks. Not sure if Spore is worth it but a free game is a free game. Thanks for the heads up on the deal.

#152 Edited by Killercombo (227 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

You can use this outside the US by going to http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty to access the US store, and using a random US address on the billing page. Of course, use at your own risk: it's almost certainly a breach of their TOS so could theoretically lead to your account being banned, but I can't really see that happening.

+1 for this, thanks very much: I had been trying to get this to work all day in the UK with no luck but this worked. I only wanted to get FIFA 12 because I have played or own everything else on the 360/PC.

#153 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

You can do it for multiple games

1) Go to the Origin website

2) Logout

3) Put the game in your cart, then the code, then checkout

4) Login

#154 Posted by Killercombo (227 posts) -

@believer258 said:

2) Logout

4) Login

I could not get this to work, was asking for payment info so I just used a different account.

#155 Edited by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@Killercombo said:

@believer258 said:

2) Logout

4) Login

I could not get this to work, was asking for payment info so I just used a different account.

I found this on the GAF thread, it's only working for a few people there. It's working for me.

#156 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Store is getting hammeredso much its just about unusable.

#157 Posted by ShockD (2412 posts) -
@believer258 said:

2) Logout

4) Login

Thank you so much.
#158 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5805 posts) -

Got Mass Effect, probably won't play it for a few years but hey, it's there. Obviously this is just a way to get people to use Origin, though getting more than one game is undoubtedly unintended, but nothing wrong with just getting one in accordance with the promotion.

#159 Posted by bigsmoke77 (790 posts) -

@MattyFTM: When battlefield 3 premiuem launched I moved to India for about 3 minutes and bought premium for $1500 Indian rupees aka like 27 bucks. Couple days later I decided I might want to move to India again and get the 80 dollar version of sim city for 27 bucks. Before doing that I read through every agreement I could find on the website and from my knowledge I didn't break any of EA's rules. I did not pay tax on these goods so EA could report me to Canadian Tax agency but I hope they have better things to do.

#160 Posted by SlashDance (1831 posts) -

@clstirens said:

@Angre_Leperkan439: Battlefield 3 works if you use the Slick Deals link.

You can also get Back to Karkand

Which link exactly ?

#161 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

The loggin in and out thing didn't work for me, but I managed two games. Used once with the origin client, and once with a browser.

#162 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

Thanks for posting this! I just used it once to pick up Dragon Age II. I played DA:O on Xbox 360 and liked it, so I'm excited to see how DA II plays on the PC.

#163 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

doesnt appear to be working anymore :(

There we go i got spore out of it but thats it :/

#164 Edited by believer258 (12019 posts) -

All right, I managed to get:

• Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2

before the promo code stopped working/I got tired of making alt accounts. So, yeah, at the end of the day I stopped picking up free games because it became too much of a hassle. Thanks for the tip,

#165 Posted by Joker369 (882 posts) -

Not to judge or anything but don't you guys think that this is kind of morally wrong? We constantly complain about EA's business practices but when they do something kind of cool by giving away a free game people exploit it and therefore discourage EA from doing again. EA obviously should have made the code one-time use but I would just feel weird taking more than they intended.

#166 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

@Joker369 said:

Not to judge or anything but don't you guys think that this is kind of morally wrong? We constantly complain about EA's business practices but when they do something kind of cool by giving away a free game people exploit it and therefore discourage EA from doing again. EA obviously should have made the code one-time use but I would just feel weird taking more than they intended.

They exploit customers all the time. There is nothing wrong with using a code if possible.

#167 Posted by BillyMethers (149 posts) -

@Joker369: You go do that then. The economy is hard and I'm not complaining. I'm sure this guy isn't complaining either.

#168 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (332 posts) -

@SlashDance: I'm not sure, that's what somebody in a comment said. I've heard a few others talk about it too, I'd say google it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

#169 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@BillyMethers said:

@Joker369: You go do that then. The economy is hard and I'm not complaining. I'm sure this guy isn't complaining either.

Oh, snap! I forgot! Mirror's Edge!

#170 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4424 posts) -

I picked up Spore. I'm too lazy to make alts to get more games anyways. I was going to get Star Wars Old Republic but it looks like it won't work for that.

#171 Posted by ConfusedOwl (954 posts) -

Damn I got to this way to late. Oh well a free game is a free game. Not a big fan of Origin but may as well download it. I haven't been able to get any new games lately so it will give me something new to play.

#172 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

I picked up Spore. I'm too lazy to make alts to get more games anyways. I was going to get Star Wars Old Republic but it looks like it won't work for that.

that makes two of us.

#173 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

So, there's a trick to this apparently. I managed to get 3 games from this code. Red Alert 3 Uprising, Dragon Age Origins, and Dragon Age II. The first time I used the download service, the second time I used their site through Chrome, and the third time I used their site again through Firefox.

#174 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@pw2566ch: sooo its still working for you?

#175 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

@Joker369: Since I a got a game I already own on Xbox and just one other freeby, I don't feel too bad.

#176 Edited by KontX (117 posts) -

I could only get Dead Space 1 to work, not Spore. Didn't try to look up too many games because Origin is SO SLOW. Hate their store interface.

EDIT: This was moments ago so it is still working.

#177 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

@KontX: It's probably slow cause everyone's hitting their servers for free games right now.

#178 Edited by ConfusedOwl (954 posts) -

For some reason the only game that the promo works for is Mass Effect 2. How is everyone able to get other games in the promo but I'm stuck with only one choice?

#179 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

You know, this is probably why you never do a set dollar amount discount over getting a percentage off. So many exploits that are just straight up free.

#180 Posted by KontX (117 posts) -

The separate browser trick worked. Used Chrome for Dead Space and just used Firefox for The Saboteur. I can only get it to work with one game at a time.

#181 Posted by RE_Player1 (7566 posts) -

Got Mass Effect 2. Will be fun seeing this game maxed out on my PC.

#182 Edited by BaconGames (3496 posts) -

No one can fault people for taking within the bounds of the code but I would hate to be the guy(s) who were responsible for this. The code was essentially meant to take $20 off from a total purchase excluding games released very recently. Also it was packaged in a survey which, had it not been the same code, would have been useful for its intended purpose of incentivizing people to take it for their code. If either scenario was true, then this wouldn't be the mad grab to get a ton of free games. Damn shame but I was thrilled I could get Back to Karkand and ME1 to replace a disc copy.

#183 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -
@Ezakael

For some reason the only game that the promo works for is Mass Effect 2. How is everyone able to get other games in the promo but I'm stuck with only one choice?

Delete your cookies. It worked for me, just grabbed Karkand DLC after getting SimCity 4.

Delete cookies
Go to store logged out
Add to cart
Checkout w code
Login

#184 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

And man, I feel sorry for whoever has to try and unfuck this.

#185 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@Leptok said:

@Ezakael

Delete your cookies. It worked for me, just grabbed Karkand DLC after getting SimCity 4. Delete cookies Go to store logged out Add to cart Checkout w code Login

Thanks, this worked for me too.

#186 Posted by CommanderZx2 (134 posts) -

I give it a few days until all of your purchases are squashed.

#187 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@CommanderZx2 said:

I give it a few days until all of your purchases are squashed.

That's plenty of time to play.

#188 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

@CommanderZx2: Assuming they're competent enough to pull off such a thing.

#189 Posted by CommanderZx2 (134 posts) -

@Green_Incarnate said:

@CommanderZx2: Assuming they're competent enough to pull off such a thing.

You can be blocked from your account by just being banned on the EA forums. It'll be pretty easy to hammer people for abusing a discount.

#190 Edited by KontX (117 posts) -

Doubtful. You're expecting too much out of EA.

#191 Posted by ConfusedOwl (954 posts) -

@Leptok said:

@Ezakael

Delete your cookies. It worked for me, just grabbed Karkand DLC after getting SimCity 4. Delete cookies Go to store logged out Add to cart Checkout w code Login

Didn't work. The code won't work anymore. Shitty luck I guess. Thanks for trying to help though.

#192 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Hmmm, that stopped working for me after Karkand.

#193 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

@CommanderZx2: Yeah, but first they'd have to decipher who used the code legitimately and who didn't. They still haven't stopped the code from working. I have my doubts.

#194 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3599 posts) -

Anyone think EA will pull a "Terms of Service" violation and ban people who abused this too much?

#195 Posted by Dethfish (3686 posts) -

I feel like an ass now. I probably can't even play these games on my computer.

#196 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -
@Ezakael

@Leptok said:

@Ezakael

Didn't work. The code won't work anymore. Shitty luck I guess. Thanks for trying to help though.

So I just got it to work for Spore, but not ME2 and DA2. Im wondering if it has something to do with the online pass. Did you try it on something with a pass?
#197 Posted by ConfusedOwl (954 posts) -

@Leptok: Hmm maybe you're right. I was trying it on LOTR War in the North and it wouldn't work but I used it on The Sabuteur and it went through fine.

#198 Posted by jeffrud (388 posts) -

Origin: Not even once.

#199 Edited by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@Leptok said:

@Ezakael

@Leptok said:

@Ezakael

So I just got it to work for Spore, but not ME2 and DA2. Im wondering if it has something to do with the online pass. Did you try it on something with a pass?

I got DA2 and it has an online pass.

Anyway, it doesn't appear to be working at all now; I just tried it on the Karkand DLC and no dice. As in, it wouldn't even show the discount before I logged in.

#200 Edited by jakob187 (21692 posts) -

I just got it to work on Dragon Age: Origins. Trying to see if I can get it to dupe still. If not, at least I can finally play the PC version of DA:O.

EDIT: Just got it to work on Dead Space 2 as well. Just deleted cookies from Chrome and it worked.