My haul.

this is kinda sickening

Holy shitballs

#252 Posted by PaneraBread (12 posts) -

Some people are pissed at the EA forums

#253 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@PaneraBread said:

Sweet. +rep for EA, I'll be enjoying my games.

#254 Posted by ThunderSlash (1512 posts) -

EA Don't Care

#255 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Aye, this will be pretty good for EA in the long run. I still like to entertain the idea that this was staged.

#256 Posted by bigsmoke77 (783 posts) -

@mrcraggle: you should move to india for a couple minuted i.e. proxy and get sim city for 27 bucks American.

#257 Posted by believer258 (11563 posts) -

@KontX said:

@ripelivejam said:

@1nfinitum said:

My haul.

this is kinda sickening

Holy shitballs

I think the ones that say "new" above them are the ones that he got with the discount.

Still, that's fucking nuts.

#258 Posted by believer258 (11563 posts) -

@CommanderZx2 said:

@believer258: Yep, their english is terrible.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the someone who went to EA support is you.

Anyway, someone that actually lives in an English speaking country and does more than lowly tech support apparently said this:

@PaneraBread said:

So conflicting reports here. I'm betting on the latter, probably because I used the exploit myself, but also because banning everyone who exploited this will cause a bigger shitstorm than just chalking it up as a learning experience and moving on. People will jump on free stuff like flies on shit and besides, an executive somewhere just saw their struggling service get a huge leap in numbers. Numbers they can use to get more games to come onto their service; this may be beneficial to EA in the long run.

Ah, well, only time will tell.

#259 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

@1nfinitum said:

My haul.

this is kinda sickening

This is gross.

#260 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@ripelivejam said:

@1nfinitum said:

My haul.

this is kinda sickening

This is gross.

That's straight up theft.
#261 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@ripelivejam said:

@1nfinitum said:

My haul.

this is kinda sickening

This is gross.

NICE HAUL BRO!!!!! GIMMIE A HIGH 5 FOR THE SHIT THAT YOU GOT FOR FREE!

#262 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

EA deciding to let everyone keep their games might be more beneficial than banning a bunch of accounts. More people on their service can only be a good thing; especially when it comes to games most probably wouldn't have even bought in the first place.

#263 Posted by CommanderZx2 (134 posts) -

@believer258: I found the image of the support query on reddit.

#264 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@ripelivejam: @Cloudenvy: @Joker369:

Theft? Gross? I don't think so, I was early to the party and took advantage of a mistake in EA's system. As far as I'm concerned EA can go ahead and ban all of the people who exploited and I'd consider it a better outcome than the current. I can't tell you how much I despise origin, yet these past few days I've had the client open 24/7 and have actually been playing games on it. The fact of the matter is though, that I still would never spend a dime on origin that I didn't have to, the only games I own exclusively on Origin are SW:TOR and BF3, which I could both live without. So just in case someone from EA is reading this: Go ahead, ban me bro! Watch me buy another EA game at full price after that.

#265 Posted by KrypticKiller (190 posts) -

With Ea not doing shit, I wish I would have gotten more the one game...

#266 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

The saddest shit is knowing that todays youth thinks taking advantage of someone elses mistake is ok and should be expected.

#267 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Atramentous said:

The saddest shit is knowing that todays youth thinks taking advantage of someone elses mistake is ok and should be expected.

I'm surprised you expected these people to be good people.  
Trying to tell them not to be an ass is like telling water not to be wet. 
#268 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

lol "today's youth"? Whether it's a mistake or not, taking advantage of a broken coupon is hardly a criminal offense. I'll bet that every single person in this thread has violated a EULA or ToS at least once in their life time; why are you allowed to pretend you're better than everyone else. Have you ever gone to the grocery store twice within the same week to get more than the per person limit on a sale item? Same thing. It's the difference between sitting back and doing nothing, and capitalizing on the opportunities that lay in front of you.

Personally I like to consider myself an opportunist, because the world isn't fair so why should I be?

#269 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@1nfinitum: why so much hate for origin not once in that statement did you say why you hated it or EA.

#270 Edited by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@living4theday258: EA is a gigantic offender of horrible business practices. It should be obvious why anyone dislikes Origin/EA at this point, so why should I waste my time explaining it? If I am satisfied with the way a company does business, I will support them without a second thought. Refer to the gold medal on my avatar, and thiswebsite for more info.