The IntroHere's the deal, since I guess I have more money than sense, I've decided that I'm going to try giving away one game a month by way of some simple contest. The contest could be just about anything from guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar to winning a small StarCraft 2 tournament. Prizes will vary in quality from month to month, but I don't think you can really complain when it's free.
The ContestFor this month's contest, your challenge is to tell me the amount of money in the jar pictured below. It's filled with 100% US currency. Pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and maybe even a half-dollar or two. Honestly, I can't even fathom a good guess. That's why I'm leaving it up to you to do the guessing, and I'll do the counting. Is it $1.89, $54.21, $212.10, or some other random number I can make up by pounding on the numpad? I have no clue!
The PrizeThis month, your money counting skills will net you a Steam code for Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Capitalism, Ho!!
- Get your guess and Steam username to me by Midnight EST January 28, 2011. You can post it here or private message me if you want to keep it just between us.
- Please post your guess in US dollars and cents. I'm not converting your crazy space bucks. (Yes, I'm looking at you Sweep)
- The winner is whoever gets closest to the actual value. I'm not Bob Barker, so I don't care if you go over.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be randomly selected from those tied entries.
- Only one guess allowed per user. If you try to sneak multiple guesses in, I'll only count your first one.
- Winner will be announced on January 31, 2011.
The ResultsCongratulations to Dalai for his incredibly close guess of $30.48, only one cent away from the actual value of $30.49. Below is the break down of the top ten entries. Thanks to everyone who entered! I'll see you all again in Free Stuff Get! 2 which I'll create at some point in the next week or so.
| Dalai ||30.48||0.01|