#1 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Guys, as much as I love Giant Bomb and love the people here. There's a few of my internet bros here, holla! I have to say, get out there and talk to some people. Have fun. Mix it up. Have a beer. Talk, and drink and have a good time. Sing Karaoke.

Hell yeah. Enjoy life. It's pretty great if you look for it. There are good good people out there. Just find them yeah.

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8976 posts) -

#3 Posted by DeeGee (2123 posts) -

Could this be the most condescending post on Giant Bomb? I think it might be.

#4 Edited by Aegon (5586 posts) -

I think I know what you're trying to say, but you might be drunk / high, FYI.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@aegon said:

I think I know what you're trying to say, but you might be drunk / high, FYI.

yoouuu are avery perceptive

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11714 posts) -

I'm trying to decide if this is a drunk post or not. Real people are cool and all, but when I'm browsing Giant Bomb, I'm doing so with the express purpose of not interacting with human beings.

#7 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

But I am trans, what if going out to meet new people ends with me being crippled for life or murdered?

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

You are all way too cynical but cynicism is also part of GBs charm.

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (8976 posts) -

@mcghee: I like being outside and doing fun things with fun people. Though, this is an odd thing to hear out of the blue. So you are high, correct?

@artelinarose said:

But I am trans, what if going out to meet new people ends with me being crippled for life or murdered?

Then there's even more reason for you to get out there. None of us have a lot of time, and I'd rather be out there for a short while than locked inside for a long while. It's completely up to you, as we all have to make our own choices, but on a personal level, I hope you will get to enjoy the world around you and grace everyone with getting to know you. :)

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@mcghee: I like being outside and doing fun things with fun people. Though, this is an odd thing to hear out of the blue. So you are high, correct?

@artelinarose said:

Then there's even more reason for you to get out there. None of us have a lot of time, and I'd rather be out there for a short while than locked inside for a long while. It's completely up to you, as we all have to make our own choices, but I hope you will get to enjoy the world around you and grace everyone with getting to know you. :)

Truthtella, you're cool, man. I'm not high. Was drunk. Coming down watching Star Trek.

#11 Edited by TruthTellah (8976 posts) -

@mcghee: Thanks McGhee, and what generation? Original? Next Gen?

Star Trek is good for coming down. Until the point where your head just hurts and it becomes too talky for you. ha. Then you just need sleep.

#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Star Trek is good for coming down. Until the point where your head just hurts and it becomes too talky for you. ha. Then you just need sleep.

Original man. Original is best when drinking.

#13 Edited by TruthTellah (8976 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@truthtellah said:

Original man. Original is best when drinking.

Original is quite nice.

Kirk always knew the best way to deal with a hangover...

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7613153280/hC97D61EE/

#14 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

Is McGhee going through a depression?

#15 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

Then there's even more reason for you to get out there. None of us have a lot of time, and I'd rather be out there for a short while than locked inside for a long while. It's completely up to you, as we all have to make our own choices, but on a personal level, I hope you will get to enjoy the world around you and grace everyone with getting to know you. :)

I don't want to live my life in a wheelchair though. I don't want to be followed home by a group of people that know I am trans that show up one day with baseball bats.

#16 Edited by audioBusting (1532 posts) -

Says the guy drunk-posting and watching Star Trek =P

#17 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

All they need is some hyphy mud, and they'll be excited to meet anyone.

#18 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I do that every day. Friends are important.
Then I log on the internet thingy-majig and pretend to care about people here.

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (8976 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@artelinarose said:

I don't want to live my life in a wheelchair though. I don't want to be followed home by a group of people that know I am trans that show up one day with baseball bats.

I don't want you to have to live your life in a wheelchair either. And while you are free to do as you wish, I have never ceased to delight in and celebrate those who put themselves out in the world despite the real threats around them. The happiest trans individuals I have met are those out living their lives in the face of such fears. Not because fear is not there but because they loudly claim that fear will not keep them in a box. There are those who can cripple your flesh, but no one but you can cripple your spirit. So many of us are torn down in this world simply for who we are, but as much as they can tear us down, they cannot keep us in bondage. They cannot prevent us from boldly being who we are. Unless we allow them to cover up that flame and conceal that light in an all too dark world.

That may be rather pie in the sky, but I have seen too many people put themselves out there in the face of it all for me to not believe in it and hope that everyone might embrace such freedom in their own lives. I do not believe everyone has to be like that, and if someone does not feel they are ready, they are free to feel that way. But that will not prevent me from stating my hope for a similar joy in their life. I cannot promise that you will not get hurt. I have seen firsthand the wrath of many people. Yet, I would personally rather be broken and out there than safe and inside. And we all have far too little time to live for us to waste time not openly being who we truly are. Maybe who you are is closed in; I can't speak for you. If that's what you want, then by all means. But if the fear of harm or acceptance is the driving factor of wanting to stay inside. Then I can't help but feel that those threats may have already crippled you. And that what you must accept to feel safe may be much worse than what you fear.

Now, again, I'm not saying everyone needs to be some social butterfly. I know I am certainly not. But that's just because that's part of who I am. Not because something is keeping me from feeling like I can be who I am. I can only speak from my own experience, but a few years ago, I faced the possibility that I may not have a life past what I had already had. And that the individual I am may be the most I will have become. And while I can't say I have everything figured out now, I did realize then that I can't squander who I am by letting myself be ruled by fears of what may go wrong. Because this is all I've got. And even if it isn't perhaps something spectacular or notable in the grander scheme of things, I will live my life and appreciate the time I've had and the person I am. All I know is, I may already be living past my expiration date, and I have a brother who may never even make it this far. Even if truly being yourself might mean great pain or worse, is it not inherently worthwhile to be that person for the little time you have?

This is a bit of a headier topic than perhaps the intent of this thread, but I sincerely believe this and feel it is worth saying. Because you are a human being that matters, and you are undeniably worth the perhaps foolish, imperfect, but honest words I can share.

#21 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

You're right! (albeit drunk) You like Korean girls right? Here's some to sober you up(or not).

#22 Posted by CaLe (3981 posts) -

I enjoy the freedom of having no social relationships too much. I haven't had a phone in 5 years and I wouldn't have it any other way now, love it. I'd never tell someone to dump all their friends though, I don't think many people are capable of doing what I do while also maintaining their feelings of happiness and contentment. It may sound strange but I kinda take comfort in knowing that I can.

#23 Posted by Unilad (561 posts) -

@deegee: Haha agreed. My reaction.

#24 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@supamon: Yes, you are a true gentlemen. I'm no longer drunk. But I woke up and can no longer sleep.

So this is for you.

@unilad said:

@deegee:

Haha agreed. My reaction.

And for you guys that totally missed the mark.

#25 Edited by Unilad (561 posts) -

@truthtellah: I was born to troll, not to scroll.

Your post required scrolling to read all of it.

#28 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@unilad said:

Ps. Asian girls are terrible in bed. Including Koreans. They are also controlling, stroppy and miserable.

They are like segways, look great, but are useless.

Ps. This is not a racist remark, merely an observation

Oh, alright then.

#29 Edited by Marcsman (3192 posts) -

This is just a way to pass time at work.

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#31 Posted by pyromagnestir (4322 posts) -

I love drunk posts. I recall one time I had to describe fruit roll ups to a drunk bomber, and I believe there may also have been talk of nipple clamps. That was fun.

On the other hand, going outside and interacting with people? That's no fun at all... That's scary!

#32 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

@falserelic:

I can NEVER get enough of these fuckin' videos. HYPHY MUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDD

#33 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

@sploder said:

@falserelic:

I can NEVER get enough of these fuckin' videos. HYPHY MUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDD

HYPHY MUUUUD FTW!

#34 Posted by fetchfox (1263 posts) -

Guess mods are asleep. Ah well, DRUNK POST! We need to get social, get funky... get lucky.

#35 Edited by pyromagnestir (4322 posts) -

@fetchfox:

If the mods on this site were anti-drunk posting I don't think they would've let @sweep be a mod.

And I say that with the utmost love and respect, of course...

Don't ban me sweep!

#36 Posted by Sanity (1905 posts) -

I live in central PA, theirs nothing "out there" as you put it.

#37 Edited by fetchfox (1263 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: You're saying something there. Guess we'll see. All fun though.

#38 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@fetchfox:

If the mods on this site were anti-drunk posting I don't think they would've let @sweep be a mod.

And I say that with the utmost love and respect, of course...

Don't ban me sweep!

Fuck @sweep. That guy's been way too sober lately. Ruining his image.

#39 Edited by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

The caption is in English if you're drunk.

#40 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@deegee said:

Could this be the most condescending post on Giant Bomb? I think it might be.

Exactly, especially when the OP has over 5k posts so far....