Game Bill Constitutionality Issue Being Heard By Supreme Court

Seraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Seraphim

I used to think this man was out of his mind, and that parents should do the parenting, and the government should stay out of things, especially since the video game industry seems to be unique (this is a claim based on relative ignorance) in that it has an unregulated, but pretty well-performing regulatory body in the ESRB.  However, I read the provisions in the bill under which a game would be possibly regulated, and it seemed much more reasonable than I would have presumed.  Namely, it contained a criterion that was essentially the criterion for banning other things as obscene (contains no literary, political, scientifitic, or artistic merit, etc)...So, and I suspect I already know the answer...but what do you think?  Also, do you think the Supreme Court will side with whatever side you pick?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

What?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

There's already been two other, no offense but better, posts on this.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NathHaw

I assume you're talking about the one Senator Yee is heading in California?  I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I guess I get where he is coming from.  I really think it's more about getting votes, but who knows?  He is a child psychologist but also a politician, so I really don't take him too seriously.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

A link would make what your saying easier to understand.

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Dysnomia
@MasturbatingBear said:
" What? "