Game Motivational Apps

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Dan has mentioned on Danswers a few times about Chains.cc as a motivation app that lets you track your progress on custom goals, and I love this idea. I need a kick up the ass to do things. The problem is that Chains.cc is for iPhones and I am on Android. I have tried using HabitBull from the Google Play store but it is really busy and I feel like the only thing keeping me honest is pure determination, which is sure to run out at some point. Chains has nice graphics for keeping your chain going which is something I would like but ideally I would like to 'gamify' my motivation.

What apps do you guys use and what is there that has a game component (e.g. gold or exp gains for doing your tasks). Preferably for android phones but a desktop app isn't out of the question.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Zombies Run! is about the only app like that I use.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: that is specifically for running, I was thinking more daily goals.

Greonhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will admit to not having tried it myself, but I've heard people say they like HabitRPG.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat

@greonhal: This seems great except the lack of notifications completely kills any potential.