#1 Edited by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I was wondering what are some game names that every time you see written somewhere you always seem to read them incorrectly the first time you look at it? A more recent one for me is The Banner Saga. Every time I see a news story or something for it I always read it as The Bonner Saga and have to make a double take.

Another is Plants vs Zombies. I always read it as Pants on Zombies. And Titanfall I always read as Tintinsfall.

#2 Posted by face_kicker (3 posts) -

Popolocrois back in the day I thought it was Popingloco. Yeah go figure...

#3 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5977 posts) -

I've read Ass Effect and Ass Creed so many times on the Internet, I've been mentally referring to them as such for a while now.

#4 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3528 posts) -

Ninja Gay-den rather than Guy-den but I guess that's more a pronunciation thing.

I laugh out loud whenever I read Warface - that's similar right?

#5 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

What it reads and really is: Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest

What I read: Donkey Kong Country: Diddy Kong's Quest

#6 Edited by mosespippy (4433 posts) -

I have a friend who always pronounces Skyrim as Ski-Rim. No matter how many times I correct him and even after he's played the game he still gets it wrong.

Personally I don't think there are many I get wrong. I even know how to pronounce things like Ys, Ar tonelico, Atelier Meruru, Qix, etc. Of course if I was wrong how would I know?

#7 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

I had a friend that used to say Dooz Ecks.

Day-us, man! Day-us Ex!

#8 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I don' know why, but eversince Crystal Chronicles came out (what a tremendous disappointment), I sometimes say out loud *Crystaru Chronicru* when I am alone, and then proceed to giggle like a schoolgirl. Guess I must have heard it in an interview or something. Can't wait to receive Sony's PS4 *Bunduru* on Friday.

Delightfully racist. Or something.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (12391 posts) -

@tireyo said:

Oh shit. That just went from a bland name to a great name :o

#10 Edited by Ezekiel (543 posts) -

Before Human Revolution, I read it as Duce Ex.

#11 Posted by NTM (7540 posts) -

There's no game that I read incorrectly, but for a time, when trying to type the game out, I for some reason always typed Biocock or something like that for Bioshock. I don't know why. Yes, that's not a joke. If it was a joke, it'd be a bad one. Oh, I guess same as the one above me. Deus Ex. I read it as 'do sex'. Now, when I say it correctly, it kind of sounds like 'day old sex'... Kind of.

#12 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (211 posts) -

@tireyo: You are blowing my damn mind right now.

#13 Posted by mina_mina752 (121 posts) -

warframe...i always read it like "warfame" becoz war makes u famous !

#14 Posted by nevalis (84 posts) -

Many years ago a friend of mine would play FF4 all the time, and when he told me about the game he would say stuff like:

"Cecil is a Pa-LAD-in", pronouncing it like Aladdin with a P.

Also a common one was "Cho-CO-bo".

So now whenever I read/hear those words, I think of them in that pronunciation and chuckle.

#15 Posted by Hewitt (63 posts) -

@tireyo said:

Man! I've been reading that title wrong for years! Also I just got the play on words!

#16 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

NOTHING. I'M FOREVER FLAWLESS AND PERFECT.

#17 Posted by CaLe (4049 posts) -

I still call Ryu Rai-yu even though I know better and have no problems pronouncing it properly. Raiyu just sounds cooler. I can't think of any game names I get wrong.