• 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by CryingHero (86 posts) -

  I have to share!
  What a piece of TV! Also it is surprisingly accurate to the books!  Well acted and superbly shot entertainment!
I for one can not wait for the arrival of Season 2 in Spring 2012 and all I know is I have the other three books to catch up on between now and then! 

I have a question to ask! 

 
So what do the rest of you think?  
Hurry, Winter is coming!
#2 Posted by crazyleaves (666 posts) -

You'll have 4 books to read the fifth comes out this Summer. And if that is Liam they picked a great actor for a great character. Haven't seen the show but I'm a huge fan of the books. Hopefully Dance will be amazing, I've waited to Here from Jon and Bran and Daenerys since 2001!

#3 Posted by Blackmoore (258 posts) -

The first season was fantastic. It really left me wanting to play a GoT video game. Too bad the official one looks less than stellar. However, to tide me over, I've been playing Mount and Blade. Close enough.

#4 Posted by CryingHero (86 posts) -

@crazyleaves Indeed. I forgot about the fifth book coming out! I'd recommend you watch the show! If your a fan of the books you'll love the show! 
 
@blackmoore It was fantastic! I've been looking at the game and it is less than appealing. The need to give it a far more Age of Empires feel and game style to work in my opinion! Must check out Mount and Blade.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Very much a fan of this series.
 
Characters and stories get lots of screentime and the battles are pushed to the back, just the way I like it.
Oh, but I like a good battle like any fantasy lover, but the emotional impact does way more for me then some meaningless battle.

#6 Posted by Dylabaloo (1573 posts) -

@Blackmoore said:

The first season was fantastic. It really left me wanting to play a GoT video game. Too bad the official one looks less than stellar. However, to tide me over, I've been playing Mount and Blade. Close enough.

Haha i've actually been doing the same named my character in mount n' blade Jon Snow!

#7 Posted by 71Ranchero (3139 posts) -

Very good show so far. I have heard people saying that this first season is almost slow and boring compared to were the books go from here. I am very much looking forward to this next season and beyond. 

#8 Posted by Tebbit (4566 posts) -

I was disappoint by the last episode, it was a wind-down when throughout the series everything had been building up. But the series as a whole was damn fantastic.

#9 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

Great series and great book, I'm 79% through it according to my Kindle.
 
Looking forward to starting the next book, the series was very faithful but added a scene or two that served no purpose whatsoever which was weird.
 
and the confrontation between Ned and Jaime Lannister after his argument with Robert played out completely different in the book, I didn't expect that. It seems they wanted to make you hate Jaime more in the TV series.

#10 Posted by SilverBulletKY (202 posts) -

Your link takes you to another website but I remember the Liam Neeson looking character in the episode.

#11 Posted by S0ndor (2718 posts) -

No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.

#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2737 posts) -

Never read the books, but I want to hear more about the Blacksmith boy and the chick that Tyrion is with. They seem like interesting characters.

#13 Posted by SilverBulletKY (202 posts) -
#14 Posted by CryingHero (86 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.  
I wouldn't say no just yet. Looks exactly like him and nothing is revealed about who it is. the @gameofthrones twitter account says they can't reveal anything yet so they haven't denied it. 


#15 Posted by S0ndor (2718 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY: He is a bastard, yes. But bastards are not the heirs to anything in this particular fantasy series. Just look at the way people treat Jon Snow.
#16 Posted by S0ndor (2718 posts) -
@CryingHero said:
@S0ndor said:
No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.  
I wouldn't say no just yet. Looks exactly like him and nothing is revealed about who it is. the @gameofthrones twitter account says they can't reveal anything yet so they haven't denied it. 


When a TV show attracts a name like that, they usually flaunt it in everybody's face and use it to promote their show. Casting calls like that are rarely kept secret.  
 
Logic tells me that he's not Liam Neeson, but time will tell.
#17 Posted by biospank (699 posts) -

game of thrones is so awesome I just hope it will not go into a carnivale

#18 Posted by Hoffafiles (332 posts) -

@biospank said:

game of thrones is so awesome I just hope it will not go into a carnivale

#19 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

I am in love with Dany, not that we share the same name but her arch through this season was simply tremendous.

#20 Posted by shinigami420 (647 posts) -

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

I just want to say that I'm such a fan of Ser Jorah, his voice and looks are perfect!

#22 Posted by Rhaknar (6299 posts) -

i did not see anyone that looked like liam neeson in game of thrones, nor would his presence in a TV SHOW ever be hidden, it would be flaunted to high heaven like sean bean was, and Liam is much higher profile.

#23 Posted by Breadfan (6803 posts) -

I really enjoyed the first season. Some of the early episodes were a bit slow, but that groundwork really paid off as the series played out.

I think I'm going to begin reading the books in anticipation for season two.

Also, Joffrey is a cunt.

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10681 posts) -

Oh the things I would do for Emilia Clarke...

<3 <3 <3

#25 Edited by Beforet (2989 posts) -

@SilverBulletKY: Well, yes but that's not the important part

The thing about Gendry is not that he's the heir, as bastards have no claim, but rather his hair color. All (8-9) of Robert's bastards have his black hair, while the royal children do not.

#26 Posted by CryingHero (86 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
@CryingHero said:
@S0ndor said:
No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.  
I wouldn't say no just yet. Looks exactly like him and nothing is revealed about who it is. the @gameofthrones twitter account says they can't reveal anything yet so they haven't denied it. 


When a TV show attracts a name like that, they usually flaunt it in everybody's face and use it to promote their show. Casting calls like that are rarely kept secret.   Logic tells me that he's not Liam Neeson, but time will tell.  
True! I've myself convinced of it. But they are keeping casting very quiet for season 2 as it is. As you said time will tell ;) 
 
@shinigami420
said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

   
 Thank you for your delightful input! 
 
@CitizenKane said: 

Oh the things I would do for Emilia Clarke...

<3 <3 <3

   
Here here!!! :D 
#27 Posted by Rattle618 (1504 posts) -

Im glad they decided to move the story so quickly on the tv show cause the books are slow as shit, I am enjoying them a lot, but there are times at which I wish something would happen already.  
Im over the first half of the second book now and that pace has not changed at all. 
Also, Syrio Forel is the coolest character Ive come across in a while and I hope he shows up again.

#28 Posted by EvilTwin (3312 posts) -

I haven't been watching this show.  How far did they get in the first season?  Did they finish the first book?

#29 Edited by McSmunions (609 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:

I haven't been watching this show.  How far did they get in the first season?  Did they finish the first book?

yea it ends pretty much at the same place for the book. a crazy place. 
 
not surprised the best characters in the book are also the best on the show, arya and tyrion are perfect. 
 
a feast for crows spoilers:
#30 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

You'll have 4 books to read the fifth comes out this Summer. And if that is Liam they picked a great actor for a great character. Haven't seen the show but I'm a huge fan of the books. Hopefully Dance will be amazing, I've waited to Here from Jon and Bran and Daenerys since 2001!

It comes out on July 12th! Can't believe I waited 6 years for this book.

Now this thread is also semi related to video games!

#31 Posted by CryingHero (86 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: ha! Thats brilliant! Well there is the Game of Thrones: Genesis game coming out this year but to be fair it doesn't look all that good! So suppose you could say it's more than semi related ;)
#32 Posted by Example1013 (4855 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

Oh the things I would do for Emilia Clarke...

<3 <3 <3

I'd probably tell her to get some sleep. She looks ridiculously tired in that picture.

#33 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton
Awesome!
#34 Posted by SlightConfuse (3995 posts) -

Did not like the book but am enjoying the show.conversly o am enjoying the whell of time books

#35 Posted by crazyleaves (666 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
 Also, Syrio Forel is the coolest character Ive come across in a while and I hope he shows up again.  
 
Yeah he is a great character that really sticks with you because Arya always repeats his mantras. I find myself saying, "Just so.", an awful lot to my 2 year old. :P 
 
As to that last bit:  
 
#36 Edited by Dany (8018 posts) -
#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@shinigami420 said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

It's only boring to you because you're an idiot.

#38 Posted by gamefreak9 (2792 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@shinigami420 said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

It's only boring to you because you're an idiot.

don't be mean for no reason, ur reality isn't a tautology.  
 
I preferred spartacus until the last episode, and they killed of my fav character, that nomad dude(forgot his name), but at least DRAGONS came from his death. 
#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@shinigami420 said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

It's only boring to you because you're an idiot.

don't be mean for no reason, ur reality isn't a tautology. I preferred spartacus until the last episode, and they killed of my fav character, that nomad dude(forgot his name), but at least DRAGONS came from his death.

He's kind of known for making stupidass comments on a fairly constant basis. Troll behavior annoys me.

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? 
 
 
WHYYY ????

#41 Posted by YoThatLimp (2022 posts) -

@shinigami420 said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

You are honestly the lamest fucking troll ever.

#42 Posted by YoThatLimp (2022 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? WHYYY ????

Makes for sucha better story when the good guy loses.

#43 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5094 posts) -

HBO has done it again, excellent show.
#44 Posted by ptc (633 posts) -

The books are excellent. Can't wait till season 1 is out on dvd!

#45 Posted by teh_destroyer (3691 posts) -

I enjoyed the first season, I am a big Sean Bean fan and Marc Addy fan also. Dragons in season 2? Count me in!

#46 Posted by Rattle618 (1504 posts) -
@Metalideth said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? WHYYY ????

Makes for sucha better story when the good guy loses.

Well the story is centered around the kids, if their parents were still alive they would just continue to be spoiled noble brats.  
Also I hope someone rapes Sansa (which hasn´t happened yet and Im starting the third book...).
#47 Posted by Claude (16614 posts) -

Boobs and ass go a long way when it's done artfully.

#48 Posted by CitizenKane (10681 posts) -

@Claude said:

Boobs and ass go a long way when it's done artfully.

HBO has been teaching me this for years.

#49 Edited by Dany (8018 posts) -

@Claude said:

Boobs and ass go a long way when it's done artfully.

Yeah but their were too many unnesscary *slup slurp* going on. especially with littlefinger talking as the two girls play, what the hell was that about?

Yeah, I am still on the first book and am watching the episodes again for when they line up.

#50 Posted by Aronman789 (2737 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
@Metalideth said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? WHYYY ????

Makes for sucha better story when the good guy loses.

Well the story is centered around the kids, if their parents were still alive they would just continue to be spoiled noble brats.  Also I hope someone rapes Sansa (which hasn´t happened yet and Im starting the third book...).
That's kind of a strange-ass thing to hope for, but I'm still in the first book. 
 
Gotta say, getting through the Catelyn chapters are hard work, she's just soooooooooooooooooo boring. Interesting stuff happens around her, but she herself is just so goddamn dull, I wish someone would just stab her.