• 57 results
#1 Posted by CryingHero (62 posts) -

I have to share!
  What a piece of TV! Also it is surprisingly accurate to the books!  Well acted and superbly shot entertainment!
I for one can not wait for the arrival of Season 2 in Spring 2012 and all I know is I have the other three books to catch up on between now and then! 

I have a question to ask! 

So what do the rest of you think?  
Hurry, Winter is coming!
#2 Posted by crazyleaves (640 posts) -

You'll have 4 books to read the fifth comes out this Summer. And if that is Liam they picked a great actor for a great character. Haven't seen the show but I'm a huge fan of the books. Hopefully Dance will be amazing, I've waited to Here from Jon and Bran and Daenerys since 2001!

#3 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

The first season was fantastic. It really left me wanting to play a GoT video game. Too bad the official one looks less than stellar. However, to tide me over, I've been playing Mount and Blade. Close enough.

#4 Posted by CryingHero (62 posts) -

@crazyleaves Indeed. I forgot about the fifth book coming out! I'd recommend you watch the show! If your a fan of the books you'll love the show! 

@blackmoore It was fantastic! I've been looking at the game and it is less than appealing. The need to give it a far more Age of Empires feel and game style to work in my opinion! Must check out Mount and Blade.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Very much a fan of this series.

Characters and stories get lots of screentime and the battles are pushed to the back, just the way I like it.
Oh, but I like a good battle like any fantasy lover, but the emotional impact does way more for me then some meaningless battle.

#6 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Blackmoore said:

The first season was fantastic. It really left me wanting to play a GoT video game. Too bad the official one looks less than stellar. However, to tide me over, I've been playing Mount and Blade. Close enough.

Haha i've actually been doing the same named my character in mount n' blade Jon Snow!

#7 Posted by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

Very good show so far. I have heard people saying that this first season is almost slow and boring compared to were the books go from here. I am very much looking forward to this next season and beyond. 

#8 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -

I was disappoint by the last episode, it was a wind-down when throughout the series everything had been building up. But the series as a whole was damn fantastic.

#9 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Great series and great book, I'm 79% through it according to my Kindle.

Looking forward to starting the next book, the series was very faithful but added a scene or two that served no purpose whatsoever which was weird.

and the confrontation between Ned and Jaime Lannister after his argument with Robert played out completely different in the book, I didn't expect that. It seems they wanted to make you hate Jaime more in the TV series.

#10 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -

Your link takes you to another website but I remember the Liam Neeson looking character in the episode.

#11 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.

#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Never read the books, but I want to hear more about the Blacksmith boy and the chick that Tyrion is with. They seem like interesting characters.

#13 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -
#14 Posted by CryingHero (62 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
No, that dude is not Liam Neeson. The character's name is Jaquen Hagar and he will play a pivotal role in Arya's further development.  
I wouldn't say no just yet. Looks exactly like him and nothing is revealed about who it is. the @gameofthrones twitter account says they can't reveal anything yet so they haven't denied it. 

#15 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY: He is a bastard, yes. But bastards are not the heirs to anything in this particular fantasy series. Just look at the way people treat Jon Snow.
#16 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -
@CryingHero said:
@S0ndor said:
I wouldn't say no just yet. Looks exactly like him and nothing is revealed about who it is. the @gameofthrones twitter account says they can't reveal anything yet so they haven't denied it. 

When a TV show attracts a name like that, they usually flaunt it in everybody's face and use it to promote their show. Casting calls like that are rarely kept secret.  

Logic tells me that he's not Liam Neeson, but time will tell.
#17 Posted by biospank (648 posts) -

game of thrones is so awesome I just hope it will not go into a carnivale

#18 Posted by Hoffafiles (285 posts) -

@biospank said:

game of thrones is so awesome I just hope it will not go into a carnivale

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I am in love with Dany, not that we share the same name but her arch through this season was simply tremendous.

#20 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I just want to say that I'm such a fan of Ser Jorah, his voice and looks are perfect!

#22 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i did not see anyone that looked like liam neeson in game of thrones, nor would his presence in a TV SHOW ever be hidden, it would be flaunted to high heaven like sean bean was, and Liam is much higher profile.

#23 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I really enjoyed the first season. Some of the early episodes were a bit slow, but that groundwork really paid off as the series played out.

I think I'm going to begin reading the books in anticipation for season two.

Also, Joffrey is a cunt.

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Oh the things I would do for Emilia Clarke...

<3 <3 <3

#25 Edited by Beforet (2912 posts) -

@SilverBulletKY: Well, yes but that's not the important part

The thing about Gendry is not that he's the heir, as bastards have no claim, but rather his hair color. All (8-9) of Robert's bastards have his black hair, while the royal children do not.

#26 Posted by CryingHero (62 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
@CryingHero said:
@S0ndor said:

When a TV show attracts a name like that, they usually flaunt it in everybody's face and use it to promote their show. Casting calls like that are rarely kept secret.   Logic tells me that he's not Liam Neeson, but time will tell.  
True! I've myself convinced of it. But they are keeping casting very quiet for season 2 as it is. As you said time will tell ;) 

@shinigami420
said:

Why the fuck is this in general discussion and also game of thrones is boring as fuck

Thank you for your delightful input! 

@CitizenKane said: 

<3 <3 <3

Here here!!! :D 
#27 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Im glad they decided to move the story so quickly on the tv show cause the books are slow as shit, I am enjoying them a lot, but there are times at which I wish something would happen already.  
Im over the first half of the second book now and that pace has not changed at all. 
Also, Syrio Forel is the coolest character Ive come across in a while and I hope he shows up again.

#28 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I haven't been watching this show.  How far did they get in the first season?  Did they finish the first book?

#29 Edited by McSmunions (582 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:

I haven't been watching this show.  How far did they get in the first season?  Did they finish the first book?

yea it ends pretty much at the same place for the book. a crazy place. 

not surprised the best characters in the book are also the best on the show, arya and tyrion are perfect. 

a feast for crows spoilers:
#30 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

You'll have 4 books to read the fifth comes out this Summer. And if that is Liam they picked a great actor for a great character. Haven't seen the show but I'm a huge fan of the books. Hopefully Dance will be amazing, I've waited to Here from Jon and Bran and Daenerys since 2001!

It comes out on July 12th! Can't believe I waited 6 years for this book.

Now this thread is also semi related to video games!

#31 Posted by CryingHero (62 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: ha! Thats brilliant! Well there is the Game of Thrones: Genesis game coming out this year but to be fair it doesn't look all that good! So suppose you could say it's more than semi related ;)
#32 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

<3 <3 <3

I'd probably tell her to get some sleep. She looks ridiculously tired in that picture.

#33 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton
Awesome!
#34 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Did not like the book but am enjoying the show.conversly o am enjoying the whell of time books

#35 Posted by crazyleaves (640 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
 Also, Syrio Forel is the coolest character Ive come across in a while and I hope he shows up again.  

Yeah he is a great character that really sticks with you because Arya always repeats his mantras. I find myself saying, "Just so.", an awful lot to my 2 year old. :P 

As to that last bit:  

#36 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -
#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@shinigami420 said:

It's only boring to you because you're an idiot.

#38 Posted by gamefreak9 (2345 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@shinigami420 said:

don't be mean for no reason, ur reality isn't a tautology.  

I preferred spartacus until the last episode, and they killed of my fav character, that nomad dude(forgot his name), but at least DRAGONS came from his death. 
#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@shinigami420 said:

don't be mean for no reason, ur reality isn't a tautology. I preferred spartacus until the last episode, and they killed of my fav character, that nomad dude(forgot his name), but at least DRAGONS came from his death.

He's kind of known for making stupidass comments on a fairly constant basis. Troll behavior annoys me.

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? 

WHYYY ????

#41 Posted by YoThatLimp (1883 posts) -

@shinigami420 said:

You are honestly the lamest fucking troll ever.

#42 Posted by YoThatLimp (1883 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

WHY THE FUCK DID STARK DIE? WHYYY ????

Makes for sucha better story when the good guy loses.

#43 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

HBO has done it again, excellent show.
#44 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

The books are excellent. Can't wait till season 1 is out on dvd!

#45 Posted by teh_destroyer (3561 posts) -

I enjoyed the first season, I am a big Sean Bean fan and Marc Addy fan also. Dragons in season 2? Count me in!

#46 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@Metalideth said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Well the story is centered around the kids, if their parents were still alive they would just continue to be spoiled noble brats.  
Also I hope someone rapes Sansa (which hasn´t happened yet and Im starting the third book...).
#47 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Boobs and ass go a long way when it's done artfully.

#48 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Claude said:

HBO has been teaching me this for years.

#49 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Claude said:

Yeah but their were too many unnesscary *slup slurp* going on. especially with littlefinger talking as the two girls play, what the hell was that about?

Yeah, I am still on the first book and am watching the episodes again for when they line up.

#50 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
@Metalideth said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Well the story is centered around the kids, if their parents were still alive they would just continue to be spoiled noble brats.  Also I hope someone rapes Sansa (which hasn´t happened yet and Im starting the third book...).
That's kind of a strange-ass thing to hope for, but I'm still in the first book. 

Gotta say, getting through the Catelyn chapters are hard work, she's just soooooooooooooooooo boring. Interesting stuff happens around her, but she herself is just so goddamn dull, I wish someone would just stab her.