Game of Thrones: Season 3 - The Thread

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I can't believe they kept the wolf head scene.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#702  Edited By meaninoflife42

I wish that Tyrion would have stood up during the council scene and slapped the shit out of Joffrey. Not only would it have been satisfying to see, but it also would have continued the tradition of Tyrion slapping the shit out of Joffrey every season.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Remember when I said the fifth book is boring? It is boring until like the last 200 pages which are intriguing, I just wanted to point that out.

JackLumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pop:

That's crazy talk. Dance is awesome from the beginning.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#706  Edited By firecracker22

Was it me, or was the head too big?

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#707  Edited By FengShuiGod

@gnomeonfire said:

@funkydupe: No season has ended with a battle-finale. No idea where that Idea came from.

My main problem with the final scene was that there was different material they could have done, easily. Instead it's almost like the show is trying to push Dany as some kind of hero or messiah of the story, and what I like about ASOIF is that they don't have Hero's/Villains. It's almost like they were trying to appease the general audience for what happened at the end of Episode 9 by going out on a "Happy note" for a character that people assume is a "Hero".

Yeah, which make me think a few things. Either GRRM plans to make her quest successful and this is unsubtly foreshadowing that while setting her up as the person to root for, or it's a red herring, or it's just trying to make up for the red wedding in a rather ham fisted way and I am looking too far into it. The problem is I don't want Dany to be the hero. While the action surrounding her is sorta interesting she is a rather blank slate of smiles and proclamations. Meh.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@hunter5024 said:

That's what she said

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Good ending to the season. I like that season ended with "things are going to happen feeling" rather than with "WTF?! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!" -kind of mood.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In what way? I think it was pretty important in that it showed the complete disregard that the Frey's had for Robb in the desecration of his corpse. If it made you uncomfortable however, and you're questioning it's addition because of that, then I have to say to bad. It's supposed to be uncomfortable.

The only thing I hated about Grey Wind's death, and I mean I really hated it, was that he was supposed to get out and kill 4 wolf hounds and rip the arm off of a man. We didn't get to see that. Instead he stayed caged in and died pathetically. Absolutely pointless change and completely stupid.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@breadfan:

Are you looking at the graphic novels? The short stories are actually in short story collections called Legends, Legends II and Warriors and seem reasonably priced.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712  Edited By pyromagnestir

@hunter5024 said:

That's a Direwolf head. It's supposed to be huge.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#713  Edited By ThePickle

@jonny_anonymous said:

I take it you have to "read da books derp" to actually like Jamie and Stannis? Because all I see in the show is a pompous, incestuous child killer and a balding asshole that runs around licking the boots of that creepy priestess bitch.

You see Jamie as a good guy in the episode when he is in the hot tub. He explains how he saved 150,000 thousand lives by killing the king, yet everyone just sees him as an oath breaker. He also explains why he dislikes the Starks so much in that scene.

He also is the only Lannister that actually likes Tyrion. And he's the only Lannister that isn't power hungry. It's explained in this video why he's not actually that bad a guy.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714  Edited By pyromagnestir

@zombie2011 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I take it you have to "read da books derp" to actually like Jamie and Stannis? Because all I see in the show is a pompous, incestuous child killer and a balding asshole that runs around licking the boots of that creepy priestess bitch.

You see Jamie as a good guy in the episode when he is in the hot tub. He explains how he saved 150,000 thousand lives by killing the king, yet everyone just sees him as an oath breaker. He also explains why he dislikes the Starks so much in that scene.

He also is the only Lannister that actually likes Tyrion. And he's the only Lannister that isn't power hungry. It's explained in this video why he's not actually that bad a guy.

As I'm watching this video I just want to shout "He pushed a young boy out a god damn window hoping to kill him!" 10 minutes of Jamie apologizing and she hasn't even mentioned this incident once yet. His particular brand of bad is not on as grand a scale as Aerys or some others but god damn, he's still a pretty bad motherfucker... err... sisterfucker. She brings up his being a dick to the Starks and she keeps bringing up the sister fucking thing like that's the worst thing against the guy, but shoving a young boy out a window is quite a bit worse, in my mind.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thepickle said:

@zombie2011 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

As I'm watching this video I just want to shout "He pushed a young boy out a god damn window hoping to kill him!" 10 minutes of Jamie apologizing and she hasn't even mentioned this incident once yet. His particular brand of bad is not on as grand a scale as Aerys or some others but god damn, he's still a pretty bad motherfucker... err... sisterfucker. She brings up his being a dick to the Starks and she keeps bringing up the sister fucking thing like that's the worst thing against the guy, but shoving a young boy out a window is quite a bit worse, in my mind.

To be fair, his mother did tell him to stop climbing!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By Hunter5024

@aiurflux said:

@hunter5024 said:

In what way? I think it was pretty important in that it showed the complete disregard that the Frey's had for Robb in the desecration of his corpse. If it made you uncomfortable however, and you're questioning it's addition because of that, then I have to say to bad. It's supposed to be uncomfortable.

The only thing I hated about Grey Wind's death, and I mean I really hated it, was that he was supposed to get out and kill 4 wolf hounds and rip the arm off of a man. We didn't get to see that. Instead he stayed caged in and died pathetically. Absolutely pointless change and completely stupid.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have included it, I just really didn't expect them to. Maybe because it happened off page in the book, so it never seemed like it was that real.The fact that I found it disturbing was a testament to the potency of the scene however. Also while Grey Wind's death in the book was more awesome, it was sadder this way, in pretty much every reaction video I've seen that part chokes the person up.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyromagnestir said:

@thepickle said:

@zombie2011 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

His... mother?

His... moth.... moth... *breaks down in pathetic man tears*

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By IBurningStar

@hunter5024 said:

@aiurflux said:

@hunter5024 said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have included it, I just really didn't expect them to. Maybe because it happened off page in the book, so it never seemed like it was that real.The fact that I found it disturbing was a testament to the potency of the scene however. Also while Grey Wind's death in the book was more awesome, it was sadder this way, in pretty much every reaction video I've seen that part chokes the person up.

These is one reason his death was different here: budget. Filming that sequence would have been time consuming and the episode would have cost a lot more than it already did. Also, having that happen on camera would have given the sequence as a whole a bit of a different feel. They didn't want their to be anything to cheer for or any real glimmers of hope.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepickle said:

His... mother?

Shhhhhh! Don't let George R.R. Martin see you crying! Oh no! It's too late! He's seen you!

GRRM: "There, there, jouseldelka. It will be alright. Here, have this nice kitten. Will that make you feel better? He's so sweet and fluffy. He'll make everything all better."

*pretends to hand you the kitten, before shoving the kitten in a garbage bag and beating you across the face with said bag as the kitten suffocates inside it*

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720  Edited By AiurFlux

@aiurflux said:

@hunter5024 said:

Imagine having the head of a German Shepard pup in your lap while watching that then. Fucking sucked.

BRB, crying.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

The head was definitely too big. Somewhere along the line I'm sure the CG department got disconnected from Props, and time ran out on making fixes.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722  Edited By pyromagnestir

I just realized how little Bronn this season had. 1/5 would not watch again.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By cheesebob

I am literally chaffing at the bit to find out what Jaime is gonna get up to (more of that sweet sister luvving? Pissing off everyone with his actual friendship with Tyrion? Both?) and how Littlefinger is going to react to the Red Wedding.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724  Edited By JouselDelka

@jouseldelka said:

@thepickle said:

His... mother?

Shhhhhh! Don't let George R.R. Martin see you crying! Oh no! It's too late! He's seen you!

GRRM: "There, there, jouseldelka. It will be alright. Here, have this nice kitten. Will that make you feel better? He's so sweet and fluffy. He'll make everything all better."

*pretends to hand you the kitten, before shoving the kitten in a garbage bag and beating you across the face with said bag as the kitten suffocates inside it*

My response to him:

Loading Video...

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#725  Edited By WalkerTR77
WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Absolutely nowhere near enough fucking Bronn. You cannot have enough Bronn ever, but what we got was surely not enough. I like to think he's busy working through Tyrion's enemies list.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching scenes from the last season after reading an interview (because anyone uttering "Game of Thrones" invariably leads to me skimming through at least the latest season). That scene where Jaime breaks down what happened to the Mad King is so good. And when Brienne calls him "Ser Jaime" a few episodes later and he's taken aback, I still get chills.

That scene in the bath is like him shedding all his bullshit pomp, with the scene where he promises to return the Stark girls to their mother being the first moment in the entire series he actually comes across as knightly. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see how he and Brienne react to the news, let alone how things will be at King's Landing now that all the Lannisters are actually together.

It's also interesting how Stannis, touted to be the one true King of Westeros, and the only one who can stop the darkness marching on the Wall, is openly perhaps the biggest pawn in the entire series. He sentences Davos to die and at an utterance from Melisandre (or the Lord of Light through her, according to them I suppose) immediately withdraws his judgement like a subservient child. It's an interesting "fated one" situation, where instead of being the destined hero who goes around doing amazing things by virtue of his destiny, he instead sits around and does as he's bid. The only time I recall seeing Stannis put his foot down on something was when he demanded to see Shireen.

For as much as Davos is able to get through to him (which isn't very much at all), Shireen seems to make Stannis somewhat uncomfortable. Before he tells her to forget about the Onion Knight, he makes a face like he's actually feeling something. Hopefully she'll figure more into the story more than just teaching Davos to read.

Also, going back to the Jaime confession scene, the way he spoke about begging the Mad King to surrender it almost sounded like he liked the Mad King. I understand that he was indeed mad and did crazy shit, and that many only put up with him at the time because of Rhaegar, but was the Mad King ever actually loved by his people? Or is it just that Jaime, being kingsguard, became close to him?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729  Edited By development

@theht: From what I've read of the wiki on Aeris, he was apparently handsome and well-liked and brought peace to the 7 kingdoms for awhile, but the wiki doesn't go into details. His craziness started after he'd been held captive at "Duskendale" for some kind of frivolous argument involving taxes.

Edit: Actually, it does go into detail. Read all about it: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aerys_II

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Bathe in this bliss

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@pop:

That's crazy talk. Dance is awesome from the beginning.

At least compared to 4. 4 was more boring than Shakespeare.

@firecracker22 said:

@hunter5024 said:

The head was definitely too big. Somewhere along the line I'm sure the CG department got disconnected from Props, and time ran out on making fixes.

It was a direwolf. Direwolves are big.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732  Edited By TheHT

Season 4 footage!

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/61088/_1387221510.gif

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

(this is literally all there is, but if you want to see it surrounded by other HBO stuff with 'Mikky Ekko - Disappear' playing, have at it.)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733  Edited By fattony12000

Spoilers.

At least an one person dies.