#251 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Littlefinger's speech is my favorite scene from the entire series.

#252 Edited by Aegon (5643 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy said:

@rjayb89 said:

@aegon said:

@rjayb89 said:

Apparently, even book readers will be in for quite a surprise tonight so be mindful of spoilers tonight. Alls yous guys.

Oh no, another big change?

Well, the episode should have finished airing about fifteen minutes ago (EST), so if you haven't seen the episode yet, don't look at my spoilers. Seems people are up in arms over the nature of Ros' death. I personally haven't seen the episode but I think it's Joffrey who caused it? It's appropriate for the character to be brutal. The fact that it's sexualized violence toward a woman doesn't sit well with the audience out of context when people have been spoiled about it earlier today, including me (but I don't mind spoilers, hence me forewarning youse).

It made sense in context, and even though it is fucked up, I don't see how it would be offensive in any way. I mean, people who have watched up to this point have seen far, far worse things than the aftermath of a killing.

I think he was given 2 or 3 whores to play with in the book, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm not sure if he ended up killing any of them, though I'm leaning towards saying yes, but he did torture them in such a horrible way (also sexual). So that wasn't just looking at the aftermath of it, but seeing it as it's happening, while the Theon stuff is the opposite in the books.

@breadfan said:

After reading all of the books, I'd say an apt analogy for the game of thrones is a chess game between Littlefinger and Varys.

#253 Edited by Rittsy (77 posts) -

People who say Joffrey is the worst...nope. This episode totally changed my view. I want Littlefinger, above everyone else, to get his comeuppance.

#254 Edited by TheHT (11292 posts) -

littlefinger is a motherfucker

arya grabbin the red lady like she don't give a fuck is great

that wall climbing hiccup was intense even though i knew they'd survive

jaime x brienne

pulling skin off a finger. cut it off, cut it off, cut if off.

#255 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@rittsy said:

People who say Joffrey is the worst...nope. This episode totally changed my view. I want Littlefinger, above everyone else, to get his comeuppance.

Littlefinger is a motherfucker for sure but Joffrey is a monster. Did you see what he did at the end there?

#256 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

@rittsy said:

Littlefinger is a motherfucker for sure but Joffrey is a monster. Did you see what he did at the end there?

Joffrey is a rabid dog. His monstrous behaviour is the result of indulging his instincts and the fostered belief (by Queen Bitch Cersei) that he's above the law and common people. In short, he can't do any real damage so long as his betters keep their eye on him. If he should dare to step out of line, someone (be it Tywin or Tyrion or someone who doesn't give a shit) will smack his ass back down.

Little finger on the other hand is the worst kind of monster. He's intelligent and fully aware of what he's doing, he just doesn't care who he hurts or how he gets what he wants. If it was solely an ends justify the means kind of character that'd be easier to understand. The thing that makes Little finger worse than Joffrey is that he actually enjoys the misery he spreads knowing full well of the pain and suffering he causes. Sure he's got an end game but he'll also take his time to smell the roses, as it were.

#257 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Apparently, even book readers will be in for quite a surprise tonight so be mindful of spoilers tonight. Alls yous guys.

After I read this and Ygritte confessed about her knowledge of Jon's true loyalties to him and we got to the wall climbing scene I thought Jon was going to cut her loose, and that would be the big change.When it turned out not to be that and the episode suddenly seemed to be ending, I really wasn't sure what it was you were talking about.

So it's the Ros stuff people were up in arms about? Joffrey's a sick little prick and that totally seems like something he'd do in the books, if he didn't already do something like it at some point, so I don't see the big deal.

#258 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

Does anyone feel like season 3 is a little boring? Nothing is really happening, besides Daenerys and the Unsullied thing.

Maybe because I read all the books between S2 and 3? There was so much content in the books that I'm bored to death watching the show now. It's still good and I LOVE when they do things differently though, like when Melisandre showed up to Thoros and Beric to take Gendry. Really loved that.

#259 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@rjayb89 said:

After I read this and Ygritte confessed about her knowledge of Jon's true loyalties to him and we got to the wall climbing scene I thought Jon was going to cut her loose, and that would be the big change.When it turned out not to be that and the episode suddenly seemed to be ending, I really wasn't sure what it was you were talking about.

So it's the Ros stuff people were up in arms about? Joffrey's a sick little prick and that totally seems like something he'd do in the books, if he didn't already do something like it at some point, so I don't see the big deal.

I think it's the Melisandre stuff. When she showed up at the Bw/oB group and took Gendry. That was a HUGE difference from the books because I think they're going to try to shoehorn Gendry in for Edric Storm's place in the books. Or something. Who is gonna save Brienne now

I love it. Love when they do things so differently from the books because then I get to still be entertained and not bored to death like I was for essentially every single other episode this season. Other things I like is how they got rid of Mace Tyrell and gave Olenna his prominence and gave Margaery a lot more attention and dialogue than she had in the books.

#260 Edited by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Fuck Joffrey and Fuck Littlefinger. Sadistic assholes. ARGH.

#261 Posted by takayamasama (441 posts) -

God I love Littlefinger. He is my favorite evil character, because he is just so, so evil.

And he is the most entertaining kind of evil, the smart, planning kind, Versus the strong, brute kind.

#262 Posted by Marcsman (3198 posts) -

Last night's episode was a yawn and strayed further from the book than any other episode. Still ten times better than anything else on television.

#263 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

I really enjoyed it, and littlefinger's power plays are super entertaining. Also are people seriously getting bent out of shape about Joffrey killing Ros? Haven't they watched the show before? Certainly seems that way.

#264 Edited by Ares42 (2674 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Does anyone feel like season 3 is a little boring? Nothing is really happening, besides Daenerys and the Unsullied thing.

Maybe because I read all the books between S2 and 3? There was so much content in the books that I'm bored to death watching the show now. It's still good and I LOVE when they do things differently though, like when Melisandre showed up to Thoros and Beric to take Gendry. Really loved that.

While I haven't read the books, the story is really just way too unravelled at this point. The beauty of the first season was that everything was intertwined, but now it's just a bunch of storylines going their own way. And it doesn't help that we have already had 2 season finales that cliffhung (sp?) that things would intertwine again but the following seasons has barely even touched on the big reveals. They're even struggling to visit every single storyline within the single hour, which isn't a good sign.

But I guess that's how the books were written, although at a certain point you sorta just have to face that this story wasn't created for an episodic TV show.

#265 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@ares42 said:

@xyzygy said:

While I haven't read the books, the story is really just way too unravelled at this point. The beauty of the first season was that everything was intertwined, but now it's just a bunch of storylines going their own way. And it doesn't help that we have already had 2 season finales that cliffhung (sp?) that things would intertwine again but the following seasons has barely even touched on the big reveals. They're even struggling to visit every single storyline within the single hour, which isn't a good sign.

But I guess that's how the books were written, although at a certain point you sorta just have to face that this story wasn't created for an episodic TV show.

You are on your own with that one.

#266 Posted by Ares42 (2674 posts) -

@sooty: ok.... not saying it sucks or anything, just that it creates a pacing problem (which could come off as boring). I just rewatched the first season this weekend and the difference was pretty striking when I watched the latest episode. The episodes in the first season moved with purpose, while this season is more of a meandering while taking in the experience.

#267 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@xyzygy:

That didn't strike me as all that big of a change, really. They took the only Baratheon bastard we've gotten to know on the show and plugged him in for Edric. It makes sense. It changes a few things I suppose, but nothing all that big.

I agree about the scenes that are different from the books being some of the most fun to watch. But I've been loving this season so far, particularly these last 3 or 4 episodes.

#268 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Hold up, people don't like Littlefinger? That dude is the fucking man!

I've also taken to defining Crusader Kings 2 as a Peytr Baelish simulator.

#269 Edited by DrxLecter (122 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I don't understand this. SoS is the most action packed book, so far we have had:

Jamie and brienne get caught, jamie loses a hand.

Arya gets caught, beric vrs hound fight.

Selmy joins Danaerys, unsullied get

Queen of Thorns being fuck awesome

Jon killing the halfhand, "joining" the wildlings, climbing the wall

Sansa getting teased with loras, turning down littlefinger, engaged to Joff

Robb beheading Karstark, meeting with Freys

Minor Mel/Stannis development(more next season)

Davos is imprisoned, learning to read

Tyrion/Tywin early scene where he asks for Casterly Rock

Just because something happened in the book does not mean that when it happens in the show it is "nothing happening". This has been one of the busiest season openings yet. If you are looking for the show to reinvent the stories but just keep the same characters and setting to surprise you since you have read the books already, you are watching the wrong show. As a book reader this season has been phenominal at bringing the books faithfully to a serialized TV setting.

#270 Posted by stryker1121 (1452 posts) -

@ares42 said:

@sooty: ok.... not saying it sucks or anything, just that it creates a pacing problem (which could come off as boring). I just rewatched the first season this weekend and the difference was pretty striking when I watched the latest episode. The episodes in the first season moved with purpose, while this season is more of a meandering while taking in the experience.

The season is moving in fits and starts to get all the content in 10 episodes. It's like you get 2-3 eps of set-up then BLAMMMO an episode where huge things are happening. I guess it depends how entertaining you find the set-up, and I'm mostly enjoying everything GoT is doing this year despite having read the books.

#271 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I like the season, I just think they're spreading each episode too thin. There is a lot going on, but they leave us hanging a little too much. Almost like, not enough story progression is going on, by the time an episode ends.

#272 Edited by TheHT (11292 posts) -

@breadfan said:

fuck anything else i've heard about that game, that right there is what'll get me to try it.

#273 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@drxlecter said:

@xyzygy said:

I don't understand this. SoS is the most action packed book, so far we have had:

Jamie and brienne get caught, jamie loses a hand.

Arya gets caught, beric vrs hound fight.

Selmy joins Danaerys, unsullied get

Queen of Thorns being fuck awesome

Jon killing the halfhand, "joining" the wildlings, climbing the wall

Sansa getting teased with loras, turning down littlefinger, engaged to Joff

Robb beheading Karstark, meeting with Freys

Minor Mel/Stannis development(more next season)

Davos is imprisoned, learning to read

Tyrion/Tywin early scene where he asks for Casterly Rock

Just because something happened in the book does not mean that when it happens in the show it is "nothing happening". This has been one of the busiest season openings yet. If you are looking for the show to reinvent the stories but just keep the same characters and setting to surprise you since you have read the books already, you are watching the wrong show. As a book reader this season has been phenominal at bringing the books faithfully to a serialized TV setting.

It's just that the book is so filled with content and details that the show, since it's dealing with so many stories, feels very thin and rushed. I know that this is a problem that is innate to adaptations, but I'm saying that after reading the books, the show just doesn't have the same appeal because it's boring in comparison. It kind of makes me wish I had waited until the show was over to read the books, but that'd be years and years from now and I just couldn't do it after watching the second season.

I would also argue that ADwD is the most action packed book, but that's another discussion.

@gla55jaw said:

@xyzygy said:

I like the season, I just think they're spreading each episode too thin. There is a lot going on, but they leave us hanging a little too much. Almost like, not enough story progression is going on, by the time an episode ends.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I mean, I obviously love the story because I read the books and loved every minute of it, and I still watch the show, but the show feels so thin because they try to fit too many spread-out characters into one hour that it feels like nothing is happening.

#274 Posted by takayamasama (441 posts) -

@xyzygy: That is an issue since the books have so many characters, and as the story goes on, characters of little importance get bigger roles. But with that I think the show is doing a good job, a lot better then it could be doing, for sure.

At least in a few episodes, when a big story point happens, that won't be as much of an issue. Can't wait.

#275 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@takayamasama: I cannot WAIT for that episode!!! I have a feeling they're going to do a really good job of it.

#276 Posted by dudeglove (7862 posts) -

Congratulations, GoT writers, for perpetuating the myth about what to do when people suffer from seizures. In real life, folks, never put anything in someone's mouth if they're having an epileptic fit. Bonus points for putting the person out in the wrong position as well. Morons will watch that and think to do the same.

#277 Edited by Aegon (5643 posts) -

Congratulations, GoT writers, for perpetuating the myth about what to do when people suffer from seizures. In real life, folks, never put anything in someone's mouth if they're having an epileptic fit. Bonus points for putting the person out in the wrong position as well. Morons will watch that and think to do the same.

I'm not 100% sure, but in the book I think he was just sickly and the journey was difficult for him. He was kind of frail.

#278 Edited by takayamasama (441 posts) -

@dudeglove: Cause that knowledge was prevalent during medieval times.

#279 Edited by Kidable (127 posts) -

An episode where Cersei isn't acting like a total bitch psycho. Quite even liked her in this episode. She's kinda accepted that she's just as expendable to Tywin as Tyrion, and with Joffrey out of her control and Jaime still busy being captured and all, she has no-one else really to turn to except for Tyrion. Also, laughed out loud when Tyrion called Joffrey an idiot for his stupidity of trying to kill him in front of everyone. Just the delivery of the line. Perfect.

#280 Edited by dudeglove (7862 posts) -

@breadfan said:

I miss the politics and backstabbery of the first season.

No, wait, fuck it. This is the better scene.

#281 Edited by leinad44 (515 posts) -

I still don't see saying 'Its straying from the book' as valid criticism. The transition from page to screen is probably a lot harder than you'd think. They need to fit in all of this lore, all this information, while at the same time having to keep the story moving and running as smoothly as possible. I personally think they've done a real good job at this, they really haven't changed anything in the big scheme of things and this show could've gone wrong in so many different ways.

In my eyes it is still going strong and is probably one of the best shows out there.

#282 Edited by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

the reason 'straying from the book' is a problem is because the people writing the show are not good writers, and so the scenes are awkward as fuck, and the characters have completely morphed from what they were supposed to be... and not in a good way. it is POSSIBLE to make new characters, re-written in a great way. they did reasonably well in season 1. but even going from season 1 to season 2 the characters were completely gimped up.

i should make a list of cringe moments in season 2 that completely went against the characters stories and personalities and made them seem like dumbed down caricatures of their former selves.

people who enjoy these kinds of shows dont seem to notice these things. which is a shame. this show should not have gone to season 3.

edit- i think the video game equivalent of season 2 of game of thrones would be dragon age 2. the developers didnt admit failure, they said 'we gained a lot of new fans so we are going to appease the fans of the first and second games' which is probably going to end up being the equivalent of season 3 GOT. lol

its all taste really, right? some people enjoy terrible writing and acting, they can look past those things because there are spiffy effects and interesting landscapes... for others, those things arent enough to outweigh the constant stream of diarrhea coming from the screen and speakers.

#283 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

So, did Loras get put into the King's Guard (Putting it back on track with the books) or is he getting married to Cersei? I wasn't sure from that exchange although I'm thinking the latter.

I thought this was probably the weakest episode in a very good season. Not much happened and was surprised when it ended. Also Littlefinger leaving on the boat after his speech seemed a bit too vague for non-book readers. Hopefully they make mention of it in the next episode.

#284 Edited by leinad44 (515 posts) -

@tarsier: Wow. This is probably the most pissed off I've seen somebody be about this show. To the point that you pretty much call people who like this show stupid, which comes across as a bit silly. Sorry, but I just fail to see this constant stream of diarrhoea that you claim is on the television. All I see is a pretty darn good adaptation of a great book series.

#285 Edited by DrxLecter (122 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I would also argue that ADwD is the most action packed book, but that's another discussion.

O_o

ADWD is like second to AFFC with nothing going on at all, ADWD should just be called "people traveling".

#286 Edited by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

@leinad44 said:

@tarsier: Wow. This is probably the most pissed off I've seen somebody be about this show. To the point that you pretty much call people who like this show stupid, which comes across as a bit silly. Sorry, but I just fail to see this constant stream of diarrhoea that you claim is on the television. All I see is a pretty darn good adaptation of a great book series.

yea im actually not angry at all. im glad that they ruined it at season 2 so i didnt have to wait 5 seasons to get a load of manure thrown in my face (like with lost). i just got it immediately, washed it off, and moved on. : )

also, i dont think people who dont recognize terrible acting and writing are stupid. there are many different forms of intelligence and artistic is not needed for the others.

#287 Edited by takayamasama (441 posts) -

@tarsier: hard to see you all the way up on that horse of yours

#288 Posted by Tarsier (1064 posts) -

@tarsier: hard to see you all the way up on that horse of yours

yea its a pretty giant horse watch out lest i step on you petty GOT tv show viewer ant

#289 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@aegon said:

@dudeglove said:

I'm not 100% sure, but in the book I think he was just sickly and the journey was difficult for him. He was kind of frail.

Yeah he never ever had any full on seizures in the books. That was probably just added in for dramatic effect. He was just a little frail boy.

@xyzygy said:

O_o

ADWD is like second to AFFC with nothing going on at all, ADWD should just be called "people traveling".

I completely disagree. Absolutely every single character had amazing reveals and plot twists related to them in ADWD. I'm finding it hard to think of a character who stagnated in ADWD. Even Daenerys, whose story was completely stagnating in Meereen during ASoS and the first half of ADWD, had an amazing final few chapters where awesome shit happened.

I mean come on. (ADWD spoiler warnings follow)

Davos visits the Manderleys in White Harbour as they feign loyalty to the Freys while pretending to kill him, introduce him to Wex who knows the true fate of Bran and Rickon, and is tasked by Manderley to go to Skagos (supposedly, with the cannibals and such) to find Rickon. My most anticipated story arc in WoW because Davos is the best.

Arya continues her training in Braavos, regains her sight, learns how to change faces, and further becomes badass. Also, through her we are shown how new faces are chosen by initiates in the House of Black and White.

Melisandre fakes Mance's Death. We see how Melisandre operates. Really fucking awesome interactions between her, Jon, and Stannis.

Jon Snow is ruling the wall and manages to do the impossible and unites the Wildlings and the Crows. THEN DIES. (Or so we are led to think, Melisandre might revive him or save him)

Aegon VI is ALIVE! And invades Westeros with Jon Connington's help to prepare for Daenerys' arrival.

Quentyn's entire story arc takes place in this book. His story, his travels, his efforts to win Daenerys, and his death.

Daenerys had the weakest story, it's true... UNTIL FUCKING DROGON COMES AND KILLS TONS OF PEOPLE AND SHE TAMES HIM AND RIDES HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Tyrion is now in league with Varys and Illyrio and becomes involved in Daenerys' story, trying to find her and becoming a mercenary along with Jorah. They become slaves and find Daenerys a little too late, but at least they have now found her court and can wait for her return.

Victarion is shown favor from R'Hollor and the Drowned God both, and arrives in Meereen with the Dragonbinder, attempting to win Daenerys for himself with the power of the horn and the gods.

Stannis' shit (which is too long to describe)

Bran find the three eyed crow and his destiny is basically revealed to him and we see some really cool shit like NED STARK HEARD HIM AHH. Also, Coldhands is boss as fuck and could possibly be Benjen (but probably not).

Jamie, in his one small chapter, is captured by/goes to see the Bw/oB and Brienne, presumably under the orders of Catelyn.

THE PROLOGUE. WTF. VARYS. SO BOSS.

And that's just off the top of my head. ASoS had the Red Wedding, Joffrey's Wedding, Tywin, Jamie's hand, Catelyn/Beric, and daenerys and her dragons... that's also off the top of my head, but I don't think it compares at all the ADWD events.

#290 Edited by Aegon (5643 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@aegon said:

@dudeglove said:

Yeah he never ever had any full on seizures in the books. That was probably just added in for dramatic effect. He was just a little frail boy.

@drxlecter said:

@xyzygy said:

O_o

I completely disagree. Absolutely every single character had amazing reveals and plot twists related to them in ADWD. I'm finding it hard to think of a character who stagnated in ADWD. Even Daenerys, whose story was completely stagnating in Meereen during ASoS and the first half of ADWD, had an amazing final few chapters where awesome shit happened.

I mean come on. (ADWD spoiler warnings follow)

Davos visits the Manderleys in White Harbour as they feign loyalty to the Freys while pretending to kill him, introduce him to Wex who knows the true fate of Bran and Rickon, and is tasked by Manderley to go to Skagos (supposedly, with the cannibals and such) to find Rickon. My most anticipated story arc in WoW because Davos is the best.

Arya continues her training in Braavos, regains her sight, learns how to change faces, and further becomes badass. Also, through her we are shown how new faces are chosen by initiates in the House of Black and White.

Melisandre fakes Mance's Death. We see how Melisandre operates. Really fucking awesome interactions between her, Jon, and Stannis.

Jon Snow is ruling the wall and manages to do the impossible and unites the Wildlings and the Crows. THEN DIES. (Or so we are led to think, Melisandre might revive him or save him)

Aegon VI is ALIVE! And invades Westeros with Jon Connington's help to prepare for Daenerys' arrival.

Quentyn's entire story arc takes place in this book. His story, his travels, his efforts to win Daenerys, and his death.

Daenerys had the weakest story, it's true... UNTIL FUCKING DROGON COMES AND KILLS TONS OF PEOPLE AND SHE TAMES HIM AND RIDES HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Tyrion is now in league with Varys and Illyrio and becomes involved in Daenerys' story, trying to find her and becoming a mercenary along with Jorah. They become slaves and find Daenerys a little too late, but at least they have now found her court and can wait for her return.

Victarion is shown favor from R'Hollor and the Drowned God both, and arrives in Meereen with the Dragonbinder, attempting to win Daenerys for himself with the power of the horn and the gods.

Stannis' shit (which is too long to describe)

Bran find the three eyed crow and his destiny is basically revealed to him and we see some really cool shit like NED STARK HEARD HIM AHH. Also, Coldhands is boss as fuck and could possibly be Benjen (but probably not).

Jamie, in his one small chapter, is captured by/goes to see the Bw/oB and Brienne, presumably under the orders of Catelyn.

THE PROLOGUE. WTF. VARYS. SO BOSS.

And that's just off the top of my head. ASoS had the Red Wedding, Joffrey's Wedding, Tywin, Jamie's hand, Catelyn/Beric, and daenerys and her dragons... that's also off the top of my head, but I don't think it compares at all the ADWD events.

OH SHIT YES! THIS THIS THISSS ^^^^^^

Every time people say nothing happened in Dance with Dragons, I just....did you even read the fucking book? Shit's popping off left and right, there's even crazy bat shit insane stuff going on in the background if you look carefully enough and connect the dots.

*Also, you mean the epilogue, right?

I wonder who's gonna take Wex's part when it comes to that scene in your first spoily...

Also, the whole Theon thing was an amazing reveal in DwD rather than what we see now in the 3rd season.

#291 Edited by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I hope there will be a book discussion thread if the sixth book comes out so it can be separated from the show discussion thread. Hell, I wish there were one now.

#292 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1975 posts) -

@tarsier: You're so sharp, mind you don't cut yourself.

#293 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

I love the Bolton Bastard, I knew Iwan Rheon would be amazing as him. I have to reread the books, I've mostly completely forgotten what's happened, so I can tell when something's not in the books, but not what has changed.

Also, why the fuck are people upset about Ros's death? Joffrey's a psycho, we know that, and Ros was an extraneous character, she had to be killed off at some point.

Also the end bit with the Sansa and Littlefinger's ship, that wasn't him leaving without her right?

#294 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@aegon: I know I was pissed!!!!! Finding out that Theon was Reek in ADWD was one of the best moments of the book and they ruined it for those watching the show, just like Arstan Whitebeard. And as for Wex, who knows.

And yeah I meant the Epilogue sorry!

#295 Posted by Aegon (5643 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

I hope there will be a book discussion thread if the sixth book comes out so it can be separated from the show discussion thread. Hell, I wish there were one now.

It is done. Be warned, expect spoilers galore if you haven't read all of the released books.

#296 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Man I need to buy the first season on dvd. I wish there was a way to watch it for free but its not on netflix or on my cable on demand shit. Season 2 and 3 are on demand but no season 1.

#297 Edited by Mezmero (1905 posts) -

The most recent episode was great. The converging story lines are all getting more intriguing with the possible exception of Theon's torture. I don't see the point of any of that. Little Finger's speech at the end was incredible. I can't wait for the next episode!

#298 Edited by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

I get the point of Theon's torture scenes but I'm just getting bored of it pretty quick now. I hope they drop that angle and fade him into obscurity until later on because for now it makes sense in creating the eventual product but it's just getting monotonous. They don't need to highlight it in every single fucking episode just because the guy's under contract to the show. If you're going to use him use him properly.

Joffrey killing Ros wasn't shocking or offensive in the slightest, and talking heads that think it was need to shut it and slam their heads in a car door. Remember we're talking about the little shit who, last season mind you, beat two whores with a scepter to the point where they could barely walk. Killing a traitor in his eyes is the next logical step. Joffrey is a dog with a bone, end of story. Littlefinger is the real monster.

Final thoughts, kind of boring. There were some good parts but it just felt like filler, which is fine but EVERYTHING for every character felt like filler this episode, with the exception of Jon.

#299 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: @theht: @rittsy:

Why is everyone saying Littlefinger is the devil? I must be missing something. I just finished watching the latest episode and I don't get what he did that was so evil?

To me it looks like he sent Ros to her Joff-style death because she's not faithful to him, and he embarked on his journey without Sansa because she said no. What's so evil here? Did he set some sort of grand evil scheme in motion that I missed?

#300 Edited by Sterling (2314 posts) -

@theht said:

@breadfan said:

fuck anything else i've heard about that game, that right there is what'll get me to try it.

There is actually a game of thrones mod for the game, it is pretty slick.