#1 Posted by norcy_blarvest (14 posts) -

I've got a friend who plays lots of games and drinks lots of coffee so I figured for the holidays coming up I'd try and get something that combines the two. Unfortunately so far I've found not many companies actually sell mugs (which I guess shouldn't be a surprise, they make games, not coffee cups).

Any suggestions where I should look?

Sites I've found so far that sell mugs: Valve, Doublefine, Thinkgeek (even though the game ones are mostly the valve ones again).

#2 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

I think Valve is honestly all you really need.

#3 Posted by KoolAid (839 posts) -

I really, really want a coffee mug with the X-com logo on it.

But there are dreams that cannot be. And there are storms we cannot weather.

#4 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -
#5 Posted by KoolAid (839 posts) -

My life is changed.

Will report back in 5 - 7 business days.

#6 Edited by KoolAid (839 posts) -

@jking47: Thank you. It looks like dreams do come true.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@KoolAid:

Holy crap, that looks awesome! How much did it cost to get that printed?

#8 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

@KoolAid said:

@jking47: Thank you. It looks like dreams do come true.

What's with the lotion and tissues?

#9 Posted by KoolAid (839 posts) -

@Jams: There's also a copy of Die Hard right there... You can do the math.

#10 Edited by KoolAid (839 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@KoolAid:

Holy crap, that looks awesome! How much did it cost to get that printed?

$16 for the mug

Plus shipping it came out to $23.

Seems pretty good price for having any mug you can imagine.

#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@KoolAid said:

Seems pretty good price for having any mug you can imagine. gift-trolling people with offensive mugs.

I think I've got some late Christmas gifts to order.

#12 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

I've had a good experience with printing websites in the past, but I like official stuff because it's generally higher quality. I own a Black Mesa mug from Valve, which I'm really happy with. I really want the Mega Man E tank mug from ThinkGeek...

#13 Posted by daedelus (91 posts) -
#14 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

@daedelus said:

Looks like valve stuff is all on sale, like this aperture science mug.

What I really love about the Valve mugs is their subtlety. When I first started using the Black Mesa mug, people thought it was an actual research facility or something.

#15 Posted by norcy_blarvest (14 posts) -

I really wish zazzle would print on black mugs. That XCOM logo looks good on that mug, but it'd be really great if it were a black mug instead of white. I went ahead and bought the 1940s Aperture Science mug from the Valve store, but I'm considering getting the one with the modern logo for myself.

#16 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -
@daedelus said:

I have that mug, and it's definitely my favorite.  Valve makes some good merchandise, so I'd stick with them for guaranteed quality. And, if something goes wrong, they're very accommodating (heck, they even threw in some extra posters once, when they sent me the wrong item).
#17 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

I think this stuff looks neat, but the problem I have is that I don't drink anything from a mug. So I have no need for this stuff. Curse my not liking hot beveragesness!

#18 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

That Aperture mug is my most favorite mug. And I have a lot of mugs (and maybe a slight mug buying problem). It's a great size, perfect handle, and it has held up well in the dishwasher.

#19 Posted by KoolAid (839 posts) -

@norcy_blarvest said:

I really wish zazzle would print on black mugs. That XCOM logo looks good on that mug, but it'd be really great if it were a black mug instead of white. I went ahead and bought the 1940s Aperture Science mug from the Valve store, but I'm considering getting the one with the modern logo for myself.

Would also look good in skyranger gray!

I really like XCOM.

#20 Posted by medacris (643 posts) -

@commonoutlier said:

@daedelus said:

I have that mug, and it's definitely my favorite. Valve makes some good merchandise, so I'd stick with them for guaranteed quality. And, if something goes wrong, they're very accommodating (heck, they even threw in some extra posters once, when they sent me the wrong item).

I can attest to this. My GF bought an Archimedes plush from their online store, and when it arrived, it had a hole in its chest, and some of the "blood" was faded. They sent her another one, free of charge. I have Ellis' t-shirt, Chell's tank top, my own Archimedes plush, and the Steam-Powered Tales comic, all from Valve. I'll definitely buy from them again, they make good stuff.

Norcy, can I suggest buying your friend some coffee to go with the mug? I've been told K-cups are really useful.

#21 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Man, I wish I could buy those Valve mugs here in the UK (without the massive delivery charge / Import tax I mean)

Somebody wouldn't happen to know a place would they?

#22 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Has anyone made a coffee mug with Godot's visor lines on it? Maybe a quote of his on the back?

#23 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
 PIMPIN'
#24 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

If I worked for the FBI or CIA or something, I would totally get a Black Mesa mug.