#1 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

Are there any games that put you in a funk? I've been getting into Fallout 3 a lot more, and while I'm having an awesome time with it, the ghouls and atmosphere along with the music,kind get you down.  

Also what games help you get out of that funk? Bully has been a good counter for Fallout 3 for me

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

i'm sorry but  i have no idea what you're talking about. what do you mean? 

#4 Posted by Jeknod (228 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
"   
"
NEW PLAY BUTTON RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
#5 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@AjayRaz: like games that get you down, just kind of bleak, slightly depressing
#6 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Awww, you made me giggle with that. Well, giggle while gettin' the hell down.
#7 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" Are there any games that put you in a funk? I've been getting into Fallout 3 a lot more, and while I'm having an awesome time with it, the ghouls and atmosphere along with the music,kind get you down.   Also what games help you get out of that funk? Bully has been a good counter for Fallout 3 for me "
WoW! :-P Yet I still play. Weird huh? Really depends on what is going on in the game at the time, sometimes the grind and the reptitiveness just hit you and you go "ugh, bleh. can't play this anymore" and even after you stop, you're in a "meh" type of mood. 

Also, I can see that with Fallout 3. I played probably about 60+ hours into that game but sometimes, it was just too much.
#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: My heart is yours for the taking.
#9 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: that's funky but not the kind of funk i;m talking about
#10 Posted by Interfect (976 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" i'm sorry but  i have no idea what you're talking about. what do you mean?  "
Funk! Ya know... Funk. 

#11 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

Fine I'll contribute...jerks 

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@Interfect: in that case, The Warriors has a funky ass soundtrack :P  

@sagesebas: ah, in that case... probably nothing. games that are depressing i try to avoid as video games are best when they're colorful and fun :P (which is kind of why i only played Red Dead about.. twice) 
#13 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto IV. Parts of that story were pretty rough for the characters. Red Dead Redemption as well.

#14 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@AjayRaz: yeah i try that too, but some movies are depressing like Requiem for a Dream, yet they are still really good, I see games the same way
#15 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Mass Effect. Mainly because it reminds of some memories I would rather forget. Shame really.

#16 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops: memories involving space or getting down with blue alien chicks? don't be ashamed those are great memories!
#17 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Fjordson: GTA IV made Jeff cry :(
#18 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

I wasn't sure I had an answer to this one until I saw GTA IV listed here.  Yeah, I can go with that.

#19 Edited by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

The first Skate game. I can't do the last challenge (with the big guy walking around and you have to flip into a grind) because the game won't register my right stick properly, and it is the only thing I need to do to get like 5 achievements. That gets me down. Maybe my controller was broken, I think I'll try it again today with my new one.

#20 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3

#21 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

Another thing that got em down was experiencing a glitch in Going Commando, 3/4 the way through were it would continuously show the traveling in space animation, restarting the game and getting stuck in the same spot, Ratchet and Clank are my favorite :(

#22 Posted by EliminatoR (237 posts) -

STALKER felt a bit depressing IMO
#23 Posted by jimmy5150 (122 posts) -

The endings to Red Dead Redemption and Limbo have been the "funkiest" game moments that I have experienced this year.

#24 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -
#25 Posted by jimmy5150 (122 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur: oooh yeah, forgot about heavy rain. add that to the list.
#26 Posted by Berezov (504 posts) -
#27 Posted by jackbag (209 posts) -

Silent Hill 2.  

I could only play that game for an hour or so at a time because it just made me feel shitty and gross.