• 133 results
Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Ever played a game you got so sucked into you just wanted more? As the credits roll, you think to yourself "Holy shit this game was awesome. I bet the Developers are already working on a sequel", only to have the years go by without anything happening. It can be several reasons to this. Maybe the game didn't sell so well? Maybe the company behind it had its own trouble, and doesn't exist anymore? Maybe you're just insane who thought that piece of shit was actually good? Well, sitting here at work with nothing better to do, I might as well compile my own list of games that should be made, for the sake of humanity. Or at least for me.

Dark Cloud 3

Dark Cloud 2 (known as Dark Chronicle in some regions) was one of my favourite games ever for the PS2. It had everything I wanted in a game; platforming, some RPG elements, resource-gathering and building up settlements, timetraveling, you name it. Awesome voiceacting and impressive graphics (for its time) just made me cherish this title even more, and I think I've played through it at least four times front to back. Then...nothing. Level5, the company behind the game, seems to have no intention whatsoever to make a sequel. Ever. Some debate that their White Knight Chronicles was their intended sequel to the now dead Dark Cloud series, but that's bullshit in my eyes. Just give me a true sequel worthy to be called Dark Cloud 3, and don't ride the popular "Hey let's ignore Microsoft"-horse so many Japanese companies seem to do.

Chrono Trigger 2

Chrono Trigger to the SNES was another game I could play over and over again. Yes I know, Chrono Cross was more or less the direct followup to Chrono Trigger, but I'm not satisfied! I want the same people who worked on the first game to return and deliver a true Chrono Trigger 2 in all its glory to the next-gen consoles!

X-Com: UFO Defense 2

The first X-Com along with the second one, Terror From the Deep, were the only ones in the long-running serie to be remotely good. Apocalypse, the third game, was passable, but since then it has only gone downhill fast. I heard they're even releasing a new X-Com game this year...and it's a FPS?! Christ, someone should just install the first game again, play it through, and realize what made it so freaking awesome. Give me a true sequel to that one. Please.

Enough ranting. Get to work!
#1 Edited by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Ever played a game you got so sucked into you just wanted more? As the credits roll, you think to yourself "Holy shit this game was awesome. I bet the Developers are already working on a sequel", only to have the years go by without anything happening. It can be several reasons to this. Maybe the game didn't sell so well? Maybe the company behind it had its own trouble, and doesn't exist anymore? Maybe you're just insane who thought that piece of shit was actually good? Well, sitting here at work with nothing better to do, I might as well compile my own list of games that should be made, for the sake of humanity. Or at least for me.

Dark Cloud 3

Dark Cloud 2 (known as Dark Chronicle in some regions) was one of my favourite games ever for the PS2. It had everything I wanted in a game; platforming, some RPG elements, resource-gathering and building up settlements, timetraveling, you name it. Awesome voiceacting and impressive graphics (for its time) just made me cherish this title even more, and I think I've played through it at least four times front to back. Then...nothing. Level5, the company behind the game, seems to have no intention whatsoever to make a sequel. Ever. Some debate that their White Knight Chronicles was their intended sequel to the now dead Dark Cloud series, but that's bullshit in my eyes. Just give me a true sequel worthy to be called Dark Cloud 3, and don't ride the popular "Hey let's ignore Microsoft"-horse so many Japanese companies seem to do.

Chrono Trigger 2

Chrono Trigger to the SNES was another game I could play over and over again. Yes I know, Chrono Cross was more or less the direct followup to Chrono Trigger, but I'm not satisfied! I want the same people who worked on the first game to return and deliver a true Chrono Trigger 2 in all its glory to the next-gen consoles!

X-Com: UFO Defense 2

The first X-Com along with the second one, Terror From the Deep, were the only ones in the long-running serie to be remotely good. Apocalypse, the third game, was passable, but since then it has only gone downhill fast. I heard they're even releasing a new X-Com game this year...and it's a FPS?! Christ, someone should just install the first game again, play it through, and realize what made it so freaking awesome. Give me a true sequel to that one. Please.

Enough ranting. Get to work!
#2 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Yes to Chrono Trigger 2!

And also: A new X-Wing game! A new Pilotwings! And a new Star Fox!

#3 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Yes to all of those.  Yes also to spellcheck.

#4 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Many of Level-5's games like Dark Cloud are funded by Sony, so I think if it ever happens (and I really hope it does) they will ignore Microsoft.

#5 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

Obligatory HL Episode 3/ HL3 and Duke Nukem: Forever mentions

#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" Yes to all of those.  Yes also to spellcheck. "
spell-check indeed
#7 Edited by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:

" @skrutop said:

" Yes to all of those.  Yes also to spellcheck. "
spell-check indeed "
You mean that's NOT how you spell immedia...oh...right ok.
#8 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

new Terra Nova with up-to-date graphics.

#9 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Yes all of those and Duke Nukem: Forever

#10 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

So much hate against non-native english. :(
(Swede here)

#11 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Chrono Trigger 2 would be awesome.

#12 Edited by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:

" So much hate against non-native english. :( (Swede here) "

What are you complaining about? Isn't Sweden like, drowning in hot, blonde Swedish girls?
#13 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

A new Heavy Gear game! 
Does anybody now about Heavy Gear?
#14 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
@HS21 said:
" @CrazyChris said:

What are you complaining about? Isn't Sweden like, drowning in hot, blonde Swedish girls? "

You got me there, sir. Although I personally prefer brunettes.
Also, title fixed! :)
#15 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" @HS21 said:
" @CrazyChris said:

What are you complaining about? Isn't Sweden like, drowning in hot, blonde Swedish girls? "
 You got me there, sir. Although I personally prefer brunettes. Also, title fixed! :) "
Well then you just dip their hair in that famous Swedish chocolate. 
#16 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

Games that should be made, and probably will be: Bayonetta 2, Shadow Complex 2. 

Games that should be made, but might not be: The World Ends With You 2, Viewtiful Joe 3, Metroid Prime 4, The Darkness 2, Eternal Darkness 2 and Project Zero (Fatal Frame) V.

Games that should be made, but are pretty much guaranteed not to be: Zack & Wiki 2, God Hand 2, Mega Man Battle Network 7, Mega Man Zero 5.

#17 Edited by PenguinDust (12514 posts) -

How would you feel about Dark Cloud 3 or a Chrono Trigger 2 as a DS or 3DS game?  Do they need to be next gen console games or would you be satisfied by a handheld game being the direct sequels to these games?  With Level 5's recent successes on the Nintendo portable (Professor Layton, Dragon Quest IX), I was wondering what your take might be on their route.

#18 Posted by Phantom_Crash (298 posts) -

A new Star Wars Rogue Squadron (For PC and non-nintendo consoles) 
A new Star Wars Pod Racer 
A remake of Zelda Ocarina of Time (For 360 and PS3 as a downloadable game) 
A new Freelancer 
Battlefield 3 
Elder Scrolls 5 or new Bethesda RPG

#19 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
@Icemael: Oh hell yes, God Hand 2. 

@PenguinDust: DS is...alright. Certainly better than nothing! But yeah, I more or less understand Level5 would never release such a game to X360 at least. And I agree, Layton and DQ to the DS were (are) awesome games.
#20 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:
" How would you feel about Dark Cloud 3 or a Chrono Trigger 2 as a DS or 3DS game?  Do they need to be next gen console games or would you be satisfied by a handheld game being the direct sequels to these games?  With Level 5's recent successes on the Nintendo portable (Professor Layton, Dragon Quest IX), I was wondering what you're take might be on their route. "
Chrono Trigger 2 wouldn't be bad on DS, but I think a lot of people want a next-gen Dark Cloud 3. A DS version would feel gimped compared to Dark Cloud 2, which had so much to do.
#21 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -
@Scrumdidlyumptious said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" How would you feel about Dark Cloud 3 or a Chrono Trigger 2 as a DS or 3DS game?  Do they need to be next gen console games or would you be satisfied by a handheld game being the direct sequels to these games?  With Level 5's recent successes on the Nintendo portable (Professor Layton, Dragon Quest IX), I was wondering what you're take might be on their route. "
Chrono Trigger 2 wouldn't be bad on DS, but I think a lot of people want a next-gen Dark Cloud 3. A DS version would feel gimped compared to Dark Cloud 2, which had so much to do. "
Aren't the White Knight Chronicles games supposed to be Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle's successors, though?
#22 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
Elder Scrolls V
Knights of the Old Republic III

Bethesda and Bioware, get on this.
#23 Posted by SaintMits (191 posts) -

Freedom Fighters 2 please.

#24 Edited by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
@CitizenKane:  You just blew my mind. Yes, oh please yes.

Edit: Although I guess you mean Elder Scrolls V? :)
#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@CrazyChris: Yeah, I meant V.
#26 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1368 posts) -

Grim, fucking, fandango.

#27 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

InFAMOUS 2; IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Oh, and, although it is most likely not going to happen, Vector Man 3.

#28 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -
@habster3 said:
"InFAMOUS 2; IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN."
I don't know if you know, but inFamous 2 is being made right now. It was confirmed not too long ago.
#29 Posted by hollow96 (16 posts) -

timesplitters 4  
Psychonauts 2     
#30 Edited by NathHaw (2766 posts) -

A new FF Tactics on a home system.  Eff that handheld stuff.

#31 Posted by spankingaddict (2671 posts) -

Sly 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

I know of a few games that need to be made :) 

None of them are sequels to existing franchises though, and one of them I am currently in the process of developing (just wrapping up the design stage now) so i'm hardly about to spill the beans on it yet ;)

#33 Edited by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -
@FirePrince: That was show with big robots in arenas, right?  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
@Willy105 said:

" A new X-Wing game! A new Pilotwings! And a new Star Fox! "

Who do we need to see to make this happen?
#34 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Elder Scrolls V and Homeworld 3 need to be made right now.

#35 Posted by xyzygy (9982 posts) -

Eternal Champions 3.

#36 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Knights of the Old Republic 3  
New Star fox game that stays true to Star Fox 64's gameplay  
Psychonauts 2 
And a next-gen Chrono Trigger game would blow my mind. 

#37 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

METAL ARMS GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM 2

#38 Posted by Codariocalyx (56 posts) -

Tombi 3....too bad it'll never happen
#39 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" @FirePrince: That was show with big robots in arenas, right?  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
@Willy105 said:

" A new X-Wing game! A new Pilotwings! And a new Star Fox! "

Who do we need to see to make this happen? "

For X-Wing, you need to go see the president of Lucasarts and convince him that The Force Unleashed is not the future of their company.

For Pilotwings, you need to find the members of Factor 5, and find a way to let them finish their Pilotwings game for the Gamecube that was canceled when they went with Sony (and their demise).

And for Star Fox, you will have to kidnap Miyamoto, and convince him to take a gun, and point it at the back of the head developer of Platinum Games, and force them to make the next Star Fox, as they requested it to be done.
#40 Posted by Minus (75 posts) -

diablo 3...

#41 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

Unless it's being made already (rumors abound), SSX 4

#42 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

sounds good to me add beatdown: fist of vengence 2 and we got a deal

#43 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -
@Phantom_Crash:  Remake of OoT on XBL and PSN, huh?

Let's try to venture into the realm of reality here =(
#44 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

BREAKDOWN 2

For the love of God make this thing already Namco! One of the most epic games ever made.

#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Chrono Trigger 2 probably won't happen! But since we're suggesting games that probably won't get made, I'll go ahead and suggest Panzer Dragoon Wii. Everything about it is too awesome to become reality.

#46 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Yes yes and more yes 

#47 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

How do you play X-Com? 

I'm trying to find a manual for these games...

#48 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

Tomba 3.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

#49 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Elder Scrolls V
Knights of the Old Republic III
 Bethesda and Bioware, get on this. "
Yes. 
#50 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Add The Saboteur 2 to your list.