Games you like, but never want to play for some reason?

• 69 results
Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me its StarCraft2. I watch too many people pro streams and tourneys. Then I can never play as well as I want too. That and knowing the sheer amount of dedication required to stay competitive. I could never be content just playing "for fun" in platinum or diamond as I always want to get better and play at the highest level. So I don't bother anymore lol.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viva Pinata. I have a very complicated relationship with that game. I love it. But it makes me crazy. Absolutely batshit up all night on a work night carefully placing food in front of a stubborn pinata who is reluctant to eat the required number of foods to become a resident of my garden. You need to eat 5 nuts, monkey. Five. Not four and piss off on your merry way laughing at me. You will eat five. I will place them at your feet so that you will trip over them. Eat them. All five. Eat. GODDAMNIT MONKEY EAT THE FUCKING NUTS. D:

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By plaintomato

Bioshock Infinite.

I loved every second of the original Bioshock. Then I picked up Bioshock 2 and it felt too much like I'd been there and done that. Then Infinite looked different enough so I got it, and it seems like it should be fine, but it just doesn't pull me in.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Viva Pinata. I have a very complicated relationship with that game. I love it. But it makes me crazy. Absolutely batshit up all night on a work night carefully placing food in front of a stubborn pinata who is reluctant to eat the required number of foods to become a resident of my garden. You need to eat 5 nuts, monkey. Five. Not four and piss off on your merry way laughing at me. You will eat five. I will place them at your feet so that you will trip over them. Eat them. All five. Eat. GODDAMNIT MONKEY EAT THE FUCKING NUTS. D:

Posts like this...this is why GB needs a like button.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@random45 said:

The best example of this I can think of is The Witcher - I LOVED that game, but every time I stopped playing it, I almost had to force myself to play again. Which was odd, because once I started to play, I loved it. There was one time that I quit for about half a year when I got to act 3, and then returned and beat the rest within a week. I don't know why, but it's the only game that I've ever done something like that with. I think it's just the very slow pace of the game that made me hesitant to play it.

Naw man! Don't do that! I did that years ag, but when I finally got around to playing it, it turned out to be my all time favorite game. Play it!

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Civ 5 for me. The feel and look of that game is so wonderful and the strategy mechanics are so neat to me...but every time I look at it on my Steam list I feel immediately overwhelmed about having to play it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy The Last of Us (mainly from a story standpoint) but the gameplay just isn't doing much for me. I like the stealth elements but combining the lack of resources (ammunition) with the shaky aiming controls makes me not want to play the action sequences. Also there are certain scripted moments in the game where enemies will be alerted or suddenly spawn out of nowhere even if you have stealthed your way through the area and you can no longer see the alerted enemies in the "listening mode". Every time I start it up I just get stressed and not really enjoying it all that much. I really want to finish it by the end of the year though.... Guess I'll just have to play it bit by bit each day.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@steadyingmeat: DQVIII is pretty damn good, despite most DQ's being ostensibly boring as hell. Ragazzo!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fetchfox

Dark Souls. Vinny's antics in it trumps my own experience.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a ~500 game steam library yet I only ever play Dota, so yes, I feel your pain sir.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Tearaway and Super Mario 3DWorld . Every time I play them , It's so awesome and adorable but I just put it back down again . It doesn't mean I don't love em though just rather play games like Zelda , at the moment .

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a few that come to mind. Zelda: Twilight Princess was pretty fun but I stopped playing around the time that my Wii started to have problems. After that I just didn't bother with it but I don't think I would go back even if the Wii was working fine. I think I was close to finishing Kingdom of Amalur but I just kind of got tired of it and how tedious it was that I never went back. Now that I have time maybe I'll just push through it. And then Brutal Legend, I've tried playing it like five times by now but each time I only get like an hour into the game, it seems like it'll be fun but I just really don't feel like playing it anymore by this point.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It took me a while to get into Arkham City, perhaps because I didn't want to admit it had the potential of being as good as Dark Souls; but once I played it I loved it.

Digiwth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age: Origin

I've tried on three separate occasions, beginning a new game each time to finish that game since it came out. I always get burned out two-thirds or so of the way through that game and then stop.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Civ 5, it doesn't grab me like my friends spend hours on it. And I don't think the win goals are done well.

Xcom, 90s era turned based tactical RPG, love this genre and would love to wear a trench coat and have shades on that are the size of eyeballs.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I'm happy it got more people into this series like original Fallout did, but the idea of "rpg" being "horrible controls until you dump points but then it'd be better to use VATS."

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Warcraft III, when I play it I love it but I'm never feeling up to playing it.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Nier. I actually liked parts of it but I knew I was geting too involved with the side activities. Got bored, for obvious reasons. Later I packed up my PS3 and now I will never play it, and I never want to.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Nier. I actually liked parts of it but I knew I was geting too involved with the side activities. Got bored, for obvious reasons.

Same thing happened to me with Xenoblade Chronicles, only you also end up ridiculously overpowered which makes progressing in the story really dull.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Chop

This is pretty much all games for me. I buy games, play them an hour or two with the intention of coming back later but I never do. I'll get as far as highlighting the game on my steam list while trying to convince myself to play it.

I should note that this isn't just a games thing for me. I have serious problems finishing ANYTHING I start.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Witcher is my hardest one. I play for a while, stop for a week, then waffle on getting back to it. By the time I do, I usually just restart because I forgot so much.

That's the boat I'm in now... too hard basket. I haven't even started GTA V ... and as much as I know I should I just feel it needs the kind of attention I can't give it right now.