semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By semicolon1twlev2
@iam3green said:
" no, i use to be a memeber until i joined gaintbomb. i'm banned there so i can't go there anymore. they are scricted there for some reason. they can be touchy on some subjects. gaintbomb the mods dont' really care because this site is a small community full of great people. "
They fucked this place up bad.  Locked down Bomb Squad and just overall got a lot more strict about shit on here.  The forums used to be much more lively before that.  And a lot more fun.
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Faint

the title of this topic is a lie. i've been a member of gamespot for about 5 years and once i learned of giant bomb i switched almost permanently to giant bomb. i only use gamespot occasionally when im looking for more content. last week on giant bomb was particularly slow for content.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By NickLott

The only times I've ever been to Gamespot in the last few years is if I go there accidentally from clicking on a source button from another site's story. There's plenty of sites for general coverage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e95ba42dcd
deactivated-5d9e95ba42dcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gamespot has a horrible community filled with 4chan rejects.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By white_sox

Much of the site(gamespot) has went to hell. The only thing I like better is the classic forum layout. The reviews, videos, and actual community aspect of Giantbomb are better.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By FirePrince
@FilthyJTR said:
"Gamespot has a horrible community filled with 4chan rejects. "

This. 
Also,Giant Bomb is the best gaming related site.Ever.In the history of the universe.
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By KEITH1437

No Caption Provided
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ShaunassNZ

No a use a proper news site like Dtoid or Kotaku, fuck Gamespot, it's too fake.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59  Edited By RJay_64

Words don't describe how much I dislike the mods in the Gamespot Off Topic section.  

There was especially this one mod who had a Stone Cold Steve Austin avatar....I don't remember his username, but I extremely dislike his attitude and his overall dictatorship rule over that forum. 

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I'm also a member of both sites and I have been using GameSpot for about 10 years but I've been using it less ever since the original staff left the site.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By captain_clayman

nope.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Hell to the no.
Zurgfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zurgfrog

I was a member of Gamespot once, but that was a long time ago now. at one point in my life I just decided that I really dident like any of the people on gamespot so I decided to leave there and I never really came back. But now for me I go to Game trailers for all my news and what not and then I go to giant bomb for just all the crazy shit that they have that makes me laugh so I would say that Gaint bomb is way better then gamespot ever really was even in the old days.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By Cirdain

no

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By immike
@JIT3893: Most people here won't agree with you for the simple fact that they support this site the most. I do believe that you have a good point and I agree with you. There are times that I need to find a review or interview about a game that Giantbomb would simply never cover. The simple, but scary, fact is that there are definitely games out there that are good, but are not covered here and people will gladly look over them just because of some weird hatred for Gamespot.

I know I'm going to get hate, specific demands like "oh yeah, name one game!", etc. but I had to let you know that you are not wrong. I would appreciate only a response from you, but I know that others may respond as I stated above so I'll simply only answer those who respond in reasonable manners.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Doesn't Gamespot fire reviewers who give give negative reviews to games that drop tons of money on advertisements on Gamespot ?

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By arkasai
@immike said:
" @JIT3893: Most people here won't agree with you for the simple fact that they support this site the most. I do believe that you have a good point and I agree with you. There are times that I need to find a review or interview about a game that Giantbomb would simply never cover. The simple, but scary, fact is that there are definitely games out there that are good, but are not covered here and people will gladly look over them just because of some weird hatred for Gamespot. I know I'm going to get hate, specific demands like "oh yeah, name one game!", etc. but I had to let you know that you are not wrong. I would appreciate only a response from you, but I know that others may respond as I stated above so I'll simply only answer those who respond in reasonable manners. "
Nah, I'm sure the people here know there isn't nearly as much 'coverage' here as there is on other sites, simply due to the staff size.  But I just happen to like all the games that these guys like (except WoW...most of the GB guys have an odd aversion to WoW...which is sad considering how often it's #1 on plays) and care to talk about, so in the end I don't feel like I'm missing much.  I've been reading these guys for years and trust their views and experiences so I feel like if there's a game they're talking about it's worth listening.  There are the odd outliers and obscure games that I want to see more of, but that isn't very often.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I only liked GameSpot for Joe Fielder. Kasavin was a close second and Jeff Gerstmann was my least favorite reviews to read. I was shocked as shit to see him head something like GiantBomb. 

That taught me an important lesson: A reviewer's reviews are just that. It's a glimpse of what they thought about something and that's it. It doesn't show who they are as a person or what they're capable of. While I'm still not a fan of Jeff's reviews, I know that he brought Giant Bomb up to be something so ass-kickingly awesome that comparing it to the current state of GameSpot is, well, unfair. 

GiantBomb is a great party like many other sites were at their prime. When GiantBomb runs out of gas, I'll be happy to say I witnessed some geeky fun on the internet. GameSpot had that kind of time, too. As much as I want to just scream one is better than the other, the truth is that Gamespot is Gamespot and Giant Bomb is Giant Bomb. 

Party on, duders.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By MysteriousBob

Oh God no.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By immike
@Arkasai: Oh I agree, I like their personalities and all the games that they like as well. The only thing I have against them are the games that they simply refuse to play. At some points they make crude statements about things like anime, mmos, the ps3 (which is also kinda funny sometimes), but those things can sometimes make people mad (and it's not completely unjustified anger). I never get offended, but sometimes I shake my head when I hear something ridiculously one-sided.  

I am a huge fan of Giantbomb for their hilarity and unique content though. I do think some general respect for those that like games that they may not would go a long way. The internet memes can get a bit ridiculous, but their quick looks are really cool. I think a little more neutrality (not too much!) and some openness would be great. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By penguindust

Nope.  Nothing against Gamespot, it's just that I don't see any reason to join the site.  If I have anything to say or am looking for any type of help, I have the GB community and they can be pretty knowledgeable (as long as you don't ask them to do math.)  I, too, use other sites for up to the minute news.  Joystiq is my preferred site, but I'll drop in on Kotaku, Shacknews and Destructoid when something is going on or some hot game is coming out.  IGN is the only one I avoid if possible.  The construction of their site is just a mess in my opinion.  There is no reason you need to stick with just one site if you enjoy jumping around.  Me, I prefer centralization, but everyone has a right to express themselves as they see fit.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By arkasai

Just letting JIT know, they locked and moderated me on GS because you posted this here.  They thought I copied it from you.  Pretty sloppy moderation if you ask me.

JIT3893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JIT3893
@Arkasai said:
" Just letting JIT know, they locked and moderated me on GS because you posted this here.  They thought I copied it from you.  Pretty sloppy moderation if you ask me. "
Yeah, I explicitly said that I made this thread too
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ravensword

I think most peopel saying "Fuck gamespot" are still butthurt about that whole Jeff thing. The site actualy isnt that bad.
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By iKANNIBAL

I stopped using Gamespot years ago. 

Now only sites i go on dealing with gaming are Here, GameTrailers, & Steam

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By Xeiphyer
@JIT3893: You realize putting a thread title like that on here is just asking for people to flame you right?

Gamespot is an alright website, but I can find the same content on other websites. GB reviews or talks about all major games I care about, and anything thats outside of that or is niche I probably already know if I'll like it or not and I wouldn't trust most peoples reviews on them anyways. The only other thing I need is news, and Kotaku handles that really well.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78  Edited By Jeust
@HandsomeDead said:
" You can't compare a games website, like Gamespot, to a games blog, like GiantBomb. "
Yep.  

But still the credibility of Gamespot is pretty low. 
YannickDeSouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By YannickDeSouza
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By iamjohn

No.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By arkasai
@Jeust said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" You can't compare a games website, like Gamespot, to a games blog, like GiantBomb. "
Yep.    But still the credibility of Gamespot is pretty low.  "
Once you gain a big following, bad reviews cost people money, so GS can't give out well deserved scathing reviews...they have to tone it down and highlight the strengths of the game.  I miss Alex Navarro's video reviews, they were so classic and he always got the 'bad' games.    
Moppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Moppy

Giantbomb is way better than Gamespot IMO. Giantbomb has personality and tons of awesome video content that no other website can match. If I want pure information and generic videos, I can go to IGN or 1UP, which I prefer over Gamespot.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RE_Player1

Did you just make this post to get attention? Seriously it's like me going on a hockey forum and saying Soccer>Hockey?

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheGremp

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85  Edited By Jeust
@Arkasai said:
" @Jeust said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
Yep.    But still the credibility of Gamespot is pretty low.  "
Once you gain a big following, bad reviews cost people money, so GS can't give out well deserved scathing reviews...they have to tone it down and highlight the strengths of the game.  I miss Alex Navarro's video reviews, they were so classic and he always got the 'bad' games.    
"
Not only that, but also the controversy.  

I can't name cases, but they are lots of it in Gamespot. From the review that "fired" Jeff, to a review of an mmo where the reviewer played 6 hours of it, to reviews that are up and suddently gone and up again with different scores.  There's tons of it there. 
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Nah. Giantbomb is the only site that makes me feel all tingly inside. "
I thought that was just me...... 

*ahems; runs away*
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By bubahula
@one_2nd said:
" No. "
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By AndrewB

No.

Domeuhlome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Domeuhlome

I used to be a huge fan of Gamespot. I even paid for the annual fee for a year. Around the time Jeff left/let go(whatever) I left the site and went to kotaku.com until giant bomb started. I used to really like GS, but the daily show/weekly show they had went down hill. I will now go to giantbomb for the videos,forums, and of course the podcast. Kotaku.com for gaming news. Also gametrailers.com for the videos. Mostly giantbomb.com

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#90  Edited By Civraz

Never.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By maxszy

I think if you knew the history of this site, you wouldn't be asking this question. :)

Its an absolute solid no by the way.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By VisariLoyalist

you know for some reason alex gives me a tom green vibe idk

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#93  Edited By NMC2008

Gamespot brought the business during E3, stage demos were the best things ever.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Shocker

nopeee

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I rarely use GS anymore, but every once in awhile I will lurk OT.
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hero_swe

never
slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By slyspider

fuck no hoe!

Sonny_Got_Laid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Sonny_Got_Laid
@one_2nd:@SJSchmidt93:@crusader8463:@RTSlord:@Gamer_152:@FunExplosions:@Lemoncookie01:@SpiralStairs:@Baillie:@BigBoss1911:@wolf_blitzer85:@Video_Game_King:@DillonWerner:@zyn:
DBIZMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DBIZMO
@JIT3893:  I have a GS account, but I like Giantbomb more. That is why I'm here.