Gamespot's New "Update"

Latentk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Latentk

Mods, I dont know if this is the right board to discuss this kind of topic, if it is not please do move it to the correct one.

Has anyone caught a wiff of what Gamespot is cooking? Just rummaging around the site for more daily news, sorry GB! I promise to be  ever more faithful when a daily cast/update system goes live! And what caught my eye? Gamespot is all of a sudden updating all of these community functions. Things Giantbomb launched with! I am betting you guys expected this, but wow. Everyone's thoughts on the matter?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose
Could we please stop talikng about GS, they've been doing that before GB launched, there, not a rip off or anything like it.  
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yes really its not a rip off, and the some how all of a sudden giantbomb faithful need to drop it, just because you used to be from gamespot doesn't mean you gotta prove your willingness to commit jihad againest your old stomping ground.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Shocker

Yeah I noticed it. I don't know if I like it yet.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Homer

Oh well.. GS is just stupid

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By and333

Its been confirmed that GS was developing this before Giantbomb was launched.

Latentk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Latentk

Where has it been confirmed? And I never wished to commit "jihad" against GS, as I said in my post I still read the site very often. Right now I cant survive on just Giantbomb I have to use GB and GS in order to make it through. Just intriuging.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I've seen it, total ripoff of GB.

Luchadeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Luchadeer

I have not visited gamespot since Jeff was fired, I don't think we should forget about it or not mention it at all, but we shouldn't care about everything they do. Complaining about it, or stuff like that will solve nothing.

That being said, I like the way GB is going, and I trust its editors completely. They are dedicated to the site, and that dedication will pay off so have nothing to fear.

In a way, GB is now what GS used to be oh so many years ago.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Milkman

I don't see how this is a "rip-off" of Giant Bomb at all. It looks absolutely nothing like it. Everything that GameSpot does doesn't need to be examined under a microscope. Can we just put the whole Gerstamann-gate behind us already? Jeez...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf
Luchadeer said:
"I have not visited gamespot since Jeff was fired, I don't think we should forget about it or not mention it at all, but we shouldn't care about everything they do. Complaining about it, or stuff like that will solve nothing.

That being said, I like the way GB is going, and I trust its editors completely. They are dedicated to the site, and that dedication will pay off so have nothing to fear.

In a way, GB is now what GS used to be oh so many years ago.
"
I agree with you and like your icon. haha
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Haha, cool name.:)

EDIT- to Luchadeer.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By serbsta

Meh, i really am over this whole thing with Gamespot and GB.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By neoepoch

Totally, this needless hating over Gamespot is really not needed. There are still some great people over there, and it wasn't those same people's fault that the whole Jeff thing went down like that, they were just as shocked as the public. It is just some of them decided to leave,while a few others decided to stay with the site they had built for many years.
This website fanboyism is pretty pathetic, these reviewers and editors are real people too and it is kind of depressing to see people have so much anger toward some of their work.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zeus_gb

I've not really used GS in a while now so i've not seen the news.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Mushir
neoepoch said:
"Totally, this needless hating over Gamespot is really not needed. There are still some great people over there, and it wasn't those same people's fault that the whole Jeff thing went down like that, they were just as shocked as the public. It is just some of them decided to leave,while a few others decided to stay with the site they had built for many years.
This website fanboyism is pretty pathetic, these reviewers and editors are real people too and it is kind of depressing to see people have so much anger toward some of their work.
"
I agree with Johnny Bravo!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24

I saw it, it is called Gamespot Wide.  What type of name is that?

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By filiwian
neoepoch said:
"Totally, this needless hating over Gamespot is really not needed. There are still some great people over there, and it wasn't those same people's fault that the whole Jeff thing went down like that, they were just as shocked as the public. It is just some of them decided to leave,while a few others decided to stay with the site they had built for many years.
"

Agreed.
benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By benderunit22
RHCPfan24 said:
"I saw it, it is called Gamespot Wide.  What type of name is that?"
Because the layout is wider?

The similarities to GB's design are obvious, but the redesign has been in the works for a while. It's not like they visited GB on the 21st and said "dang, we better copy this"
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Latentk said:
"Where has it been confirmed? And I never wished to commit "jihad" against GS, as I said in my post I still read the site very often. Right now I cant survive on just Giantbomb I have to use GB and GS in order to make it through. Just intriuging.
"
you could have easily found the 2-3 hate on gamespot threads on the forum here, and not posted what you posted, including the thread all about gamespot copying giantbombs layout...ect all of which would have been sufficient evidence for you to not post this.
Knibbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Knibbly

It isn't just a copy of GB. Even the most talented web designers can't generate a totally new layout for the whole site in that amount of time.
Edit: Plus GB isn't an original layout. For those who remember, it's based strongly off of ComicVine

Anders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Anders

I kinda like what they are doing with the look, finally going to make better use of the space I think, still, somhow it doesn't feel GS enough, GS IMO has traditionally been a little more "designed" than what I've seen so far, but it is a beta so...