Posted by Imbalance (115 posts) -

In my last blog post, I mentioned how I couldn't focus on any games right now, except, well... Mega Man Battle Network (Shut up, I know). So, I will ask the few readers of this blog: what do you think I should play? If you haven't seen my ever-updating list, I have about 33 games in my pile of shame. Steam, you are not helping. I've narrowed it down to some games I think I can beat this week. Here they are: 

• Darksiders 
  • Mirror's Edge 
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

So, which one should I choose to beat? Tell me, based on your experiences with them.  

Also, if you see my list and think there's a game on there I can beat this week that I missed (How long is Shadow Complex?), don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

EDIT: Going with Mirror's Edge, then Darksiders. Thanks, everyone!
#1 Posted by Imbalance (115 posts) -

In my last blog post, I mentioned how I couldn't focus on any games right now, except, well... Mega Man Battle Network (Shut up, I know). So, I will ask the few readers of this blog: what do you think I should play? If you haven't seen my ever-updating list, I have about 33 games in my pile of shame. Steam, you are not helping. I've narrowed it down to some games I think I can beat this week. Here they are: 

• Darksiders 
  • Mirror's Edge 
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

So, which one should I choose to beat? Tell me, based on your experiences with them.  

Also, if you see my list and think there's a game on there I can beat this week that I missed (How long is Shadow Complex?), don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

EDIT: Going with Mirror's Edge, then Darksiders. Thanks, everyone!
#2 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Prototype is one the the most dissapointing games i've ever played, you should cross that off your list. I guess play mirrors edge first, it has the best graphics at least and it's unique.

#3 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Of the four you listed I have Mirrors Edge and can not in good conscience recommend that.
#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

Mirror's Edge (because it's short and different), then Darksiders.

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They're giving away Prototype with something coming out soon if you preorder, forget what game. So I'd say get the game that gets you a free Prototype.

#6 Posted by Imbalance (115 posts) -
@CptBedlam: That sounds good, I might do that. 

@HitmanAgent47: I haven't exactly been thrilled with it either, maybe I will cross it off.
#7 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

If you want to knock something off your backlog really quickly, I'll echo CptBedlam's and say go with Mirror's Edge. It's only about 8 hours if I recall. An easy one sitting will do to finish it. 

#8 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@Imbalance:  If you crossed Prototype off your list put it back on. If you are very ADD then it's a good game to play since you never stop moving and it's over before you even realize it's begun. Just like the first time you have sex. *Ba dum chee!* Thank you, thank you I will be here all week!

Seriously though, it isn't a bad game but a mediocre game. It has some good points to it but over all it doesn't live up to how cool it could have been. If you already have it, or are gonna get it for free with another game, then it's worth a day or two over a weekend to play it to the end. It has it's fun spots despite everything bad about it. I beat it in two sittings of about four or five hours thef irst time and two or three the second time. You could easily power your way through it during a day. Just avoid the pointless side missions and stick to the main plot points and you won't have any trouble.

As for your list, the only one I have played is Mirrors Edge and I didn't get far into it before it got kind of frustrating. I bought it on Steam for like $5 so I didn't have the motivation to keep playing it beyond thee or four hours in. Still though, if your bored and looking to waste some time the same thing I said about prototype applies to Mirrors Edge as well.
#9 Posted by Imbalance (115 posts) -
@tokyochicken: Mirror's Edge it is, then! I'm surprised at all the hate for the game. Personally, I think it's great. 

@crusader8463: You think so? I'll consider it, then.
#10 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -
@Imbalance:  Don't get me wrong. I was furious when I bought the game on day one for $60, back when all PC games where only $50, and had it beat that night. However, in hind sight it was a fun game to screw around in for a day or two. You will never want to play it again but it's certainly worth a day or two of your time. You can do far worse that's for sure.
#11 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -
@Imbalance said:
" @tokyochicken: Mirror's Edge it is, then! I'm surprised at all the hate for the game. Personally, I think it's great. 

@crusader8463: You think so? I'll consider it, then. "
Really, the main issue I had with the game was its inability to keep a steady momentum.  Flow is key for a game based around the concept of free-running/Parkour, and Mirror's Edge would break that up a lot. I admit it's not easy to control all of the factors that would impede this, but I got incredibly frustrated every time I died and the game would reset me all the way back to the start of my original course. It ruined all sense of speed. But it's still pretty good when it works.  

Also they force you into combat a lot--yeah that's not really fun.
#12 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

you edit it already with mirror's edge. it is the game you should play.

#13 Posted by zander1123 (95 posts) -

Mirror's Edge is quick, fun, and offers enough chance of pace that it doesn't wear out its welcome. Overall a fun game.