Gaming... ADD?

Imbalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Imbalance

In my last blog post, I mentioned how I couldn't focus on any games right now, except, well... Mega Man Battle Network (Shut up, I know). So, I will ask the few readers of this blog: what do you think I should play? If you haven't seen my ever-updating list, I have about 33 games in my pile of shame. Steam, you are not helping. I've narrowed it down to some games I think I can beat this week. Here they are: 

• Darksiders 
  • Mirror's Edge 
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

So, which one should I choose to beat? Tell me, based on your experiences with them.  

Also, if you see my list and think there's a game on there I can beat this week that I missed (How long is Shadow Complex?), don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

EDIT: Going with Mirror's Edge, then Darksiders. Thanks, everyone!
Imbalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Imbalance

In my last blog post, I mentioned how I couldn't focus on any games right now, except, well... Mega Man Battle Network (Shut up, I know). So, I will ask the few readers of this blog: what do you think I should play? If you haven't seen my ever-updating list, I have about 33 games in my pile of shame. Steam, you are not helping. I've narrowed it down to some games I think I can beat this week. Here they are: 

• Darksiders 
  • Mirror's Edge 
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

So, which one should I choose to beat? Tell me, based on your experiences with them.  

Also, if you see my list and think there's a game on there I can beat this week that I missed (How long is Shadow Complex?), don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

EDIT: Going with Mirror's Edge, then Darksiders. Thanks, everyone!
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Prototype is one the the most dissapointing games i've ever played, you should cross that off your list. I guess play mirrors edge first, it has the best graphics at least and it's unique.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Of the four you listed I have Mirrors Edge and can not in good conscience recommend that.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CptBedlam

Mirror's Edge (because it's short and different), then Darksiders.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

They're giving away Prototype with something coming out soon if you preorder, forget what game. So I'd say get the game that gets you a free Prototype.

Imbalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imbalance
@CptBedlam: That sounds good, I might do that. 

@HitmanAgent47: I haven't exactly been thrilled with it either, maybe I will cross it off.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tokyochicken

If you want to knock something off your backlog really quickly, I'll echo CptBedlam's and say go with Mirror's Edge. It's only about 8 hours if I recall. An easy one sitting will do to finish it. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463
@Imbalance:  If you crossed Prototype off your list put it back on. If you are very ADD then it's a good game to play since you never stop moving and it's over before you even realize it's begun. Just like the first time you have sex. *Ba dum chee!* Thank you, thank you I will be here all week!

Seriously though, it isn't a bad game but a mediocre game. It has some good points to it but over all it doesn't live up to how cool it could have been. If you already have it, or are gonna get it for free with another game, then it's worth a day or two over a weekend to play it to the end. It has it's fun spots despite everything bad about it. I beat it in two sittings of about four or five hours thef irst time and two or three the second time. You could easily power your way through it during a day. Just avoid the pointless side missions and stick to the main plot points and you won't have any trouble.

As for your list, the only one I have played is Mirrors Edge and I didn't get far into it before it got kind of frustrating. I bought it on Steam for like $5 so I didn't have the motivation to keep playing it beyond thee or four hours in. Still though, if your bored and looking to waste some time the same thing I said about prototype applies to Mirrors Edge as well.
Imbalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Imbalance
@tokyochicken: Mirror's Edge it is, then! I'm surprised at all the hate for the game. Personally, I think it's great. 

@crusader8463: You think so? I'll consider it, then.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463
@Imbalance:  Don't get me wrong. I was furious when I bought the game on day one for $60, back when all PC games where only $50, and had it beat that night. However, in hind sight it was a fun game to screw around in for a day or two. You will never want to play it again but it's certainly worth a day or two of your time. You can do far worse that's for sure.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By tokyochicken
@Imbalance said:
" @tokyochicken: Mirror's Edge it is, then! I'm surprised at all the hate for the game. Personally, I think it's great. 

@crusader8463: You think so? I'll consider it, then. "
Really, the main issue I had with the game was its inability to keep a steady momentum.  Flow is key for a game based around the concept of free-running/Parkour, and Mirror's Edge would break that up a lot. I admit it's not easy to control all of the factors that would impede this, but I got incredibly frustrated every time I died and the game would reset me all the way back to the start of my original course. It ruined all sense of speed. But it's still pretty good when it works.  

Also they force you into combat a lot--yeah that's not really fun.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

you edit it already with mirror's edge. it is the game you should play.

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zander1123

Mirror's Edge is quick, fun, and offers enough chance of pace that it doesn't wear out its welcome. Overall a fun game.