Gaming Update #5: 164 Feet Below Ground

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

So this weekend, we actually went somewhere! In case you didn't know, my family hardly goes anywhere, so this summer so far has been kinda dull. Thankfully, we actually did something Sunday.

We drove down to Virginia to go to the Luray Caverns. It's a large commercial cave that was discovered in 1878 that goes way underground and is filled with different cave formations (stalagmites, stalactites, mirrored pools, etc). It was simply awesome. It took us about an hour to get through the whole thing, and it was really cool seeing all of the different aspects of its interior. I've uploaded some photos below. I took a crazy amount of pictures while we were there, but most of them were pretty generic, and Giant Bomb's image editor is pretty hard to work with.

Besides that, I played some games. I got back into Oblivion, and I'm almost at an S rank for that game. Just finishing up the Thieves Guild, which is a pain. Also, I downloaded the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo, convinced I would hate it, and I was shocked to see how fun the game was. Combat was satisfying, the controls were easy, and the visuals were impressive. Voice acting was a little awkward, but other than that I was really surprised by the quality of the game so far. I'm considering picking it up later this month when it comes out. Finally, I spent 800 points on Map Pack 3 for World At War. The new multiplayer maps are terrible, but the Zombie map, Der Riese, is a lot of fun.

EDIT: Got featured review!

Pictures Of Luray Caverns:

There were many opportunities to impale your skull on the ceiling

The lower half of this image is water

This thing was really tall

My dad and I
My dad and I

One of the 50+ pictures I took
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So this weekend, we actually went somewhere! In case you didn't know, my family hardly goes anywhere, so this summer so far has been kinda dull. Thankfully, we actually did something Sunday.

We drove down to Virginia to go to the Luray Caverns. It's a large commercial cave that was discovered in 1878 that goes way underground and is filled with different cave formations (stalagmites, stalactites, mirrored pools, etc). It was simply awesome. It took us about an hour to get through the whole thing, and it was really cool seeing all of the different aspects of its interior. I've uploaded some photos below. I took a crazy amount of pictures while we were there, but most of them were pretty generic, and Giant Bomb's image editor is pretty hard to work with.

Besides that, I played some games. I got back into Oblivion, and I'm almost at an S rank for that game. Just finishing up the Thieves Guild, which is a pain. Also, I downloaded the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo, convinced I would hate it, and I was shocked to see how fun the game was. Combat was satisfying, the controls were easy, and the visuals were impressive. Voice acting was a little awkward, but other than that I was really surprised by the quality of the game so far. I'm considering picking it up later this month when it comes out. Finally, I spent 800 points on Map Pack 3 for World At War. The new multiplayer maps are terrible, but the Zombie map, Der Riese, is a lot of fun.

EDIT: Got featured review!

Pictures Of Luray Caverns:

My dad and I
My dad and I

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

Those caverns are beautiful! That's the first picture I've seen of you! :P You actually look a little older than 14.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10
Really not the best picture, but it's the best I could find.
Really not the best picture, but it's the best I could find.
I know you said you hardly go anywhere. But if you ever find yourself in Tennessee go to Tuckaleechee Caverns. It's a great place. They allow you to touch everything. I don't know if they allowed that where you were, but my mom told me they rarely let you do that in caves. Oh and on the other paragraph. I'm downloading Batman right now. I hope it's good.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
@gingertastic_10: We weren't allowed to touch anything down there. The "Cave Cop" (that's what we called them) would see someone and yell "DON'T TOUCH THE CAVE FORMATIONS". We would do it anyway when they weren't around.

Batman: AA is pretty awesome, but the demo is stupid short
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10
@natetodamax: Yeah I know what you mean. I really don't understand why you can't.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Your dad's beard is as gray as mine. 

No Caption Provided
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce
@natetodamax: 

Why does your father look so furious?
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Bruce said:
" @natetodamax:  Why does your father look so furious? "
A cave killed his parents.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruce
@Claude: 

You wouldn't have happened to have me in your Global History class three years ago? Hmmm
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Cool stuff man! It looked really cool! As for the Batman demo I really enjoyed it as well. I thought the game might have been good when I downloaded it. I was 50/50 on it before and now I'm convinced it's gonna be good.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
@Bruce said:
" @natetodamax:  Why does your father look so furious? "
He never smiles in pictures. It's quite funny, actually. Just look at this one I took of him:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Those pictures look pretty cool, glad to see you finally got to go somewhere. Congrats on getting the featured review too, you earned it! The AA demo makes me really want the game. It's  a lot of fun.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By natetodamax
@Claude said:
" Your dad's beard is as gray as mine. 

No Caption Provided
"
Uh...
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Feanor

Man your dad is a nerd.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude
@natetodamax said:
" @Claude said:
" Your dad's beard is as gray as mine. 

No Caption Provided
"
Uh... "

No Caption Provided
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By natetodamax
@Claude: Indeed
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By angelkanarias

The batman demo also impressed me, I guess I will buy it second-hand, cause I am still not that shure about it.