• 144 results
#1 Posted by KontX (116 posts) -

Thank heavens they're going down bit by bit! In the humble state of SC in the small town I inhibit we're at $3.01 for regular. In the upstate its $2.98. How's it all fairing in everybody else's neck of the woods?

#2 Posted by Zelyre (1129 posts) -

$3.59 or so for 89 near Chicago last time I checked. I have to use premium, though. It used to just be a 10 cent difference between grades, but lately, its been weird. Mid grade will have a 13 cent premium over regular, and premium will have a 12 cent premium over mid.

In the city itself, gas is always stupid expensive. If I have to drive up there, I'll top my tank off in the suburbs first.

#3 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (164 posts) -

I pumped yesterday for $3:16 regular, Texas.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

$1.19 ish last time I checked. I stopped looking though. It's something I'm going to need no matter what it costs. So why get depressed and look at the total?

#5 Posted by Veektarius (4632 posts) -

$3.39 on LI.

#6 Posted by HoboZero (173 posts) -

$4.75 USD a gallon here in my part of Canada... oh, you meant in the US - country with the cheapest gas prices in the first world ;) I think UK is around $8.25 USD a gallon right now.

In all seriousness, I do feel for ya. No one likes unexpected jumps in their expenses. Remember to keep it all in perspective - I mean, you could live in Nome :|

#7 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

It hovers around $3.00 here in the Gem City.

#8 Edited by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

$9 per gallon here in the UK.  Fortunately the whole country is only about 4 miles across and we have cars that do double digit miles per gallon.

Edit: Like $5.60 of that is tax. On top of that we pay an annual Road Tax on each vehicle, though some are exempt (mine works out about $310 a year). Honestly I have no idea how this country has any debt.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

$3.59 here in my part of Washington.

#10 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -

got gas today and it was 3.45 per gallon. That's pretty good on long island

#11 Posted by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

Lowest I saw yesterday was $3.21 around Orlando.

#12 Posted by BonOrbitz (2175 posts) -

Milwaukee is at $3.15

#13 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Remember when $3.00 use to be a lot? They are conditioning us to take more and more abuse. It will go up again this summer, then come back down in the winter, but it will be a slow upward trend.

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Remember when $3.00 use to be a lot? They are conditioning us to take more and more abuse. It will go up again this summer, then come back down in the winter, but it will be a slow upward trend.

I remember when a $1.50 was a lot.

#15 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@McGhee said:

I remember when a $1.50 was a lot.

Me too. In the mid-late 90s I remember it being about $0.75-$1 a gallon. What happened around the end of the 90s that could have caused this........oh yeah, in 1999 Congress passed the Commodities Futures and Modernization act that allowed banks and investors to speculate on the price of commodities which makes it very easy for them to manipulate the price when I believe you only have to have like 10-15% of your bid price in actual cash and you never have to take delivery of it. And I paid $3.21 a gallon in gas yesterday in KY but I believe we have some of the higher gas prices in the state according to the radio station I listen to

#16 Posted by csl316 (8163 posts) -
@Zelyre said:

$3.59 or so for 89 near Chicago last time I checked. I have to use premium, though. It used to just be a 10 cent difference between grades, but lately, its been weird. Mid grade will have a 13 cent premium over regular, and premium will have a 12 cent premium over mid.

In the city itself, gas is always stupid expensive. If I have to drive up there, I'll top my tank off in the suburbs first.

Same here.  I go to work in the city and noticed it was 3.85 for regular at a few places.  But down by me, I paid 3.31.
#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

The higher the gas price is, the closer alternative energy comes to being economically viable.

#18 Posted by TheHBK (5465 posts) -

I don't know when people started complaining about gas. Maybe it was because the prices never went up with inflation, but if you look at prices of gas in the past, and compare it to other things like the prices of a gallon of milk, gas is where is has always been. Just people got used to cheap gas and they bought gas guzzlers.

In my neck of the woods in orange county california, we is at 3.69 a gallon. So don't complain sucka.

#19 Posted by MonetaryDread (1993 posts) -

Right now the gas at my local Petro Canada is $.95 a litre.

#20 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

$7.60 if my math is right. Man, that invading really turned out well for you!

I kid, I kid...

#21 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Al Rocker does news on the weather, not gas prices. >_>

#22 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i think it's around $3.30. shell and a grocery store have a plan where you spend an amount of money at the grocery store to get points. every 10 points is 10 cents off a gallon. sometimes i pay differently depending on how many points that i have.

#23 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Man, it is like trying to read a foreign language around here .......... Gas is actually gas, LNG or LPG and our cars run on that. The liquid stuff we us use is called Petrol. I just wish the USA would join the rest of the world and go metric, as I had to use a calculator and converter to figure out what you want. We pay up to $1.50 a litre ...... our dollar is the same or slightly better than the US dollar, so we can just assume it to be the same. On that basis, I believe we pay about $5.70 a gallon (roughly), but I have the best kind of car ....... the company kind, so I never pay for petrol at all ..... got to love that.

#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

$3.35 in Florida

#25 Posted by mosespippy (4047 posts) -

I haven't looked at gas prices in about 5 years since I don't have a car and I've stopped paying attention to local media. Our gas prices are regulated by the government though so it's not too high and it can't jump unexpectedly. The down side is that there is a maximum legal price that changes every month based on oil prices so no matter what all gas stations will charge the maximum legal price. You would think with no opportunity to compete on prices the gas stations would try to compete by having better quality gas but we still get the inefficient burning fuel at all chains except one.

#26 Edited by Crabs_on_the_beach (42 posts) -

$3.41 Southern California, cheapest its been in well month's.

#27 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Try living in Canada, or the UK, you guys have it cheap.

#28 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

It hovers between $3.49-$3.69 for unleaded in the Everett-Seattle areas of Washington. I own a truck that gets 16-18 MPG depending on how I drive. Fucking gas is killing me.

#29 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

It's around $2.87 here in Albuquerque and $2.99 where I live.

#30 Posted by Patman99 (1559 posts) -

It's 107.9 per litre here on Vancouver Island. This is amazingly cheap but it fluctuates like mad. One day it went from 112.9 to 135.9 in the period of two hours. I just remember when I first got my car and thought that it was nuts when the price finally hit 100/L...

#31 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

$3.28 last I looked in Willard, Ohio.

#32 Posted by snowballingblood (52 posts) -

About $3.55 here in Queens for regular... although I turned in my plates earlier this year since I decided driving was something I could do without for a while... mainly due to my poor old Volvo running into some issues I can't afford to fix at the moment. ='(

The insurance costs here are pretty crazy, too.

#33 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

LET'S ALL MOVE TO VENEZUELA

#34 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2204 posts) -

Just paid $3.01/gal here in South Jersey. Lucky for me the car I drive gets pretty close to full with 20 bucks.

#35 Posted by YOUNGLINK (538 posts) -

3.45 in ILlinois!

#36 Posted by isomeri (1226 posts) -

Petrol is about 1,7 € per liter here in Finland. That adds up to around 8,7 USD per US gallon. I recommend that you stop complaining and start buying reasonable cars.

#37 Posted by Fasckira (62 posts) -

Im running "biodiesel" in my car, £1 per litre ($1.58US per litre). A huge saving considering my last car used petrol (and a lot of it, being a V6 3ltr!) at £1.44 per litre ($2.27US per litre).

Car has a 90 litre tank so filling her up keeps me going for weeks on end now. :D

#38 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

@isomeri said:

Petrol is about 1,7 € per liter here in Finland. That adds up to around 8,7 USD per US gallon. I recommend that you stop complaining and start buying reasonable cars.

reasonable means bigger here.

#39 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

So, what Minority is the U.S. blaming this on?

#40 Posted by isomeri (1226 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@isomeri said:

reasonable means bigger here.

I guess so. I just find the fascination with pickups and SUV's a bit childish really. Don't get me wrong, I love a Hilux or a RAM as much as the next guy. I just don't think that a "modern" individual would ever need one. The times I've seen anyone actually transporting something in the back of a pickup that wouldn't fit in a normal sedan are outnumbered by my toes. And if you ever need to move around an arcade cabinet for example, it's much cheaper to rent a van for a day than pay enormous amounts for gas each week.

#41 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (520 posts) -

When I started driving, gas was 98 cents a gallon. Now it's around 3.45 here in MA.

#42 Posted by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -

$3.99....

#43 Posted by believer258 (11677 posts) -

'Bout three dollars and eighty four cents here in Gaston County, North Carolina. Give or take a few pennies.

#44 Posted by mister1337 (44 posts) -

@KontX: We are $3.75 in Louisiana near Baton Rouge.

#45 Posted by w34ky (133 posts) -

$1.40 L in Nova Scotia.

#46 Posted by merid85 (13 posts) -

It's around $4.30 in the LA area. Put gas yesterday for $4.33. :(

#47 Posted by jakkblades (397 posts) -

2.98 is pretty good for the Southeast. We haven't dipped under 3.57 in a few months

#48 Edited by BonOrbitz (2175 posts) -

$4.19 here in Milwaukee and the idiot right wingers are blaming it on Obama.

#49 Posted by Slay3r1583 (601 posts) -

It is averaging about $4.35 here in Hammond, IN. Shit sucks yo.

#50 Posted by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

I wish we had fuel this cheap :(