• 144 results
#101 Posted by Sander (409 posts) -
@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

But back in the summer of 2008 when the average U.S. gasoline price hit a record high of $4.11, Fox said that "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices" and the only way to reduce our vulnerability to gas price spikes is to use less oil.

tl;dr Evidence #8948592 that Fox News is trash.

MMFA. *chortle*

Couldn't find a real source, eh?

You mean, beyond the youtube link that shows the actual Fox News broadcasts?

Yes, because the You Tube video covers over 100 hours of broadcasting on all channels. Sure.

Try and find somebody competent or respected. MMFA? Get that nonsense out of here. Let the home of the paranoid hypocrite David wallow in its own anti-Semitic and laughable idiocy.

To what end? Are you trying to assert that Fox News doesn't bash/criticize/censure the president far more than any other network?
#102 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

But back in the summer of 2008 when the average U.S. gasoline price hit a record high of $4.11, Fox said that "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices" and the only way to reduce our vulnerability to gas price spikes is to use less oil.

MMFA. *chortle*

Yes, because the You Tube video covers over 100 hours of broadcasting on all channels. Sure.

Try and find somebody competent or respected. MMFA? Get that nonsense out of here. Let the home of the paranoid hypocrite David wallow in its own anti-Semitic and laughable idiocy.

To what end? Are you trying to assert that Fox News doesn't bash/criticize/censure the president far more than any other network?

MSNBC carries the water of the President, as does NBC. People seem to mistake "not being a pathetic lapdog" for being "haters". They treat Obama the way every media group treated Bush.

#103 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

About $3.60 in my town, and near my college it's around $3.57. I have a picture back in December of a local gas station in my town at $2.99. A month later? It was like $3.30.

Sigh.

#104 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

Again, man, it would be nice if ANWR was up producing oil.

Or if federal lands didn't have their oil output drop considerably in the last few years.

#105 Posted by Sander (409 posts) -
@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

MMFA. *chortle*

MSNBC carries the water of the President, as does NBC. People seem to mistake "not being a pathetic lapdog" for being "haters". They treat Obama the way every media group treated Bush.

That's because Fox is the propaganda machine for the conservatives. We don't see the other media groups being even 1/10th as distorted as Fox News, take a look at this report on Holland
I've not seen any other media outlet be as aggressively dishonest. 
That was some tasty bait wasn't it?
#106 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

MMFA. *chortle*

That's because Fox is the propaganda machine for the conservatives. We don't see the other media groups being even 1/10th as distorted as Fox News, take a look at this report on Holland. I've not seen any other media outlet be as aggressively dishonest. That was some tasty bait wasn't it?

You make claims without evidence behind it. I can point to egregiously false reporting by MSNBC. MRC.org has a ton of footage of what is reported on actual news broadcasts (no obsession with pundits as MMFA, noted group of anti-Semitic shills that they are) and nail them to the wall. Unlike MMFA, MRC actually reports what happens on news broadcasts.

#107 Edited by Sander (409 posts) -

MRC!!!!!!!! Holy shit I didn't think you'd be the one to bring them up! I would've bet that any money that you'd try to hide the existence of MRC to your best, but here you are actually calling them to your defence, as some sort of legitimate journalistic source. 
To those that don't know, MRC is most well known for their CEO's appearance on Fox News, calling President Obama a "skinny ghetto crackhead."

#108 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

Gas here in Illinois(specifically around Chicago and its surrounding suburbs) is at approximately 4.50, I've seen it as high as 4.60, but a little further south it was around 4.40-4.45

#109 Posted by InfiniteSpark (296 posts) -

It's $3.79 in my area, about $0.10-$0.20 more in the city of Philly. (And probably going higher...)

#110 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

@Shindiggah said:

Gas here in Illinois(specifically around Chicago and its surrounding suburbs) is at approximately 4.50, I've seen it as high as 4.60, but a little further south it was around 4.40-4.45

Its $4.10 here in Champaign-Urbana.

#111 Posted by Artful__dodgeR (10 posts) -

~$6/gallon here in Syd, Australia.

#112 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

$3.89 usually around Orlando Florida.

#113 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

/Sigh. $3.85 in ND. Which is made only worse by the fact that we've been pumping oil out of one of the largest oil finds in the world about an hours drive from where I live. Fucking ridiculous.

#114 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

330 Ohio. Regular is $3.99 around me. Sometimes $3.89 if we're lucky.

Eventually no one will be able to afford it.

#115 Posted by HeghmohQib (183 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

/Sigh. $3.85 in ND. Which is made only worse by the fact that we've been pumping oil out of one of the largest oil finds in the world about an hours drive from where I live. Fucking ridiculous.

Well they have to sell that oil to less fortunate countries that don't have any oil.

Broke $4.00, again, the other day here in Upstate NY.

#116 Posted by Evil_Alaska (293 posts) -

Alaska: $4.21

#117 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

$3.95... In indiana. I seriously feel bad for all the other countries... Maybe if more Americans knew prices around the world we wouldn't complain so much.. -__-

#118 Posted by Artful__dodgeR (10 posts) -

We honestly have prices jumping from $4.20/gal to $6.40/gal weekly because... well... because they told us so. Considering how our dollar strengthened by nearly double what it was years ago (comparative to US) we've had no movement in oil prices.. if anything, its gotten worse. Somehow.

#119 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

About 2.3 USD for 1 liter. In Norway.

#120 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Everyday I drive passed the gas station and look at the price, this is my reaction.

#121 Posted by SockemJetpack (407 posts) -

1.30/L Canadian. They screw us good with the volume conversion. Equivalent to almost 5 bucks a gallon. Not to mention a good amount of the oil is domestic. *grumble*

#122 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@Sander said:

MRC!!!!!!!! Holy shit I didn't think you'd be the one to bring them up! I would've bet that any money that you'd try to hide the existence of MRC to your best, but here you are actually calling them to your defence, as some sort of legitimate journalistic source. To those that don't know, MRC is most well known for their CEO's appearance on Fox News, calling President Obama a "skinny ghetto crackhead."

Can you explain the difference in MMFA and MRC --- except MRC isn't run by an admitted liar, hypocrite, and has a tendency towards rather blatant anti-Semitism?

MMFA is best known for being so anti-Semitic that even Alan Dershowitz is calling them out. They are known for opposing gun rights WHILE their head's bodyguards were armed with guns. MMFA is a group that once a conservative gets in the WH will almost assuredly lose their non-profit status as they ceased behaving legally in that regard years ago.

#123 Posted by martyarf (250 posts) -

Hahahah "even Alan Dershowitz". That's priceless.

#124 Edited by martyarf (250 posts) -

"This dude who spends his entire time litigating and lobbying and harrassing critics of Israel under the guise of anti-semitism says they're bigoted! What more could you ask for?"

Reminder that Alan Dershowitz wrote a letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger ablooblooblooing about a the son of two Holocaust survivors writing a book that said mean things about the politics of Israel.

#125 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@martyarf said:

"This dude who spends his entire time litigating and lobbying and harrassing critics of Israel under the guise of anti-semitism says they're bigoted! What more could you ask for?"

Reminder that Alan Dershowitz wrote a letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger ablooblooblooing about a the son of two Holocaust survivors writing a book that said mean things about the politics of Israel.

Media Matters routinely engages in anti-Semitism and, again, was founded and run by a legitimately unbalanced admitted liar and hypocrite.

You support anti-Semites. Good to know.

I look forward to the IRS revoking MMFA's tax exempt status.

#126 Posted by Jolt92 (1542 posts) -

$8,75 in my part of Sweden for one gallon. Pretty sure it's the same around the whole country.

#127 Posted by spudtastic (542 posts) -

$3.93 in Cleveland Ohio. And while gas prices aren't the responsibility of the president, building a new pipeline from Canada would send a strong message to the arab nations that might bring them down quickly.

#128 Posted by Fattony12000 (7044 posts) -

Well, petrol prices here in the UK have just broken an all new high point of 140p per litre (aka $8.45 per US gallon, approximately). Lucky I've been taking the bus for the past few years.

#129 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

@spudtastic: Or it might do the exact opposite. A better solution would be to calm the Iran / Israel situation.

#130 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@Grilledcheez said:

@spudtastic: Or it might do the exact opposite. A better solution would be to calm the Iran / Israel situation.

Hard to when Iran is batshit crazy.

Announcing a lifting of all drilling moratoriums would cut the cost significantly.

#131 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@MikeinSC said:

@Grilledcheez said:

Announcing a lifting of all drilling moratoriums would cut the cost significantly.

it would also harm the environment but who cares WE NEED CHEAP GAS.

#132 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

It's at $3.80/gallon here, which is not great. But it is not horrible considering NC has some of the highest taxes on gas in the US.

#133 Posted by JCHenderson (119 posts) -

Jesus christ I just did a conversion. Here in Australia we a paying $ 5.67 a gallon. No wonder we have to ride kangaroos to work.

#134 Edited by nickb64 (214 posts) -

$4.50-4.75 depending on octane rating, last time I looked (about half a week ago). Southern California, and that's at Sam's Club, which is usually $0.10-0.30 cheaper than most places.

#135 Posted by martyarf (250 posts) -

@MikeinSC said:

@Grilledcheez said:

Iran is so crazy! Offshore Drilling!! Dershowitz is an impartial actor! Since when did the New York Times become sentient and start posting here?

#136 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I will continue to find it odd that people see a rise in gas prices = 'Whats happening in the middle east?!?!?"

#137 Posted by martyarf (250 posts) -

Just a lil posting pro-tip, when I make a statement mocking "even Alan Dershowitz", probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen written in words on a screen, you want to address that. You know, what I said. Rather than panicking like a horse with its tail on fire and making a post about something I never even addressed. Like I said, just a tip.

#138 Posted by Kolonel_Kool (327 posts) -

@KontX: $1.45/L CAD. That's roughly $6/gal USD

#139 Edited by Sander (409 posts) -
@MikeinSC said:

@Sander said:

MRC!!!!!!!! Holy shit I didn't think you'd be the one to bring them up! I would've bet that any money that you'd try to hide the existence of MRC to your best, but here you are actually calling them to your defence, as some sort of legitimate journalistic source. To those that don't know, MRC is most well known for their CEO's appearance on Fox News, calling President Obama a "skinny ghetto crackhead."

Can you explain the difference in MMFA and MRC --- except MRC isn't run by an admitted liar, hypocrite, and has a tendency towards rather blatant anti-Semitism?

MMFA is best known for being so anti-Semitic that even Alan Dershowitz is calling them out. They are known for opposing gun rights WHILE their head's bodyguards were armed with guns. MMFA is a group that once a conservative gets in the WH will almost assuredly lose their non-profit status as they ceased behaving legally in that regard years ago.

The chart still stands. Why? Because your repeated and single note straw man argument fails. Your rhetoric has no teeth, unless you can convince somebody dumb enough that a group of white people are the most discriminated and racially profiled minority in America. 
#140 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Meanwhile in Norway

That's Nearly 3 dollars...Per liter....

And we produce our own gas too. Even if you compare it to our high salary it's too damn high.

#141 Posted by MikeinSC (895 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@MikeinSC said:

@Grilledcheez said:

it would also harm the environment but who cares WE NEED CHEAP GAS.

Humanity is utterly irrelevant to the planet. We can do virtually nothing to it.

The chart still stands. Why? Because your repeated and single note straw man argument fails. Your rhetoric has no teeth, unless you can convince somebody dumb enough that a group of white people are the most discriminated and racially profiled minority in America.

The chart is utter BS. Comical BS to boot.

#142 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@MikeinSC: haha that's a nice thought I wish I could be that callous

#143 Posted by Sander (409 posts) -

The chart is utter BS. Comical BS to boot. 

Nope. Not until you prove otherwise. You do understand how burden of proof works, don't you?

#144 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (713 posts) -

as of last night, gas prices around here (clark county, WA) were hovering around $4.15 a gallon for regular unleaded to as low as $4.05. fortunately i drive a car that gets great gas mileage when it's driven properly.