• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AtomskLevent (13 posts) -

I understand that Jeff, Ryan and the gang have said nothing is going to change, but come on. A Virtual Set? These dudes sitting on a couch with a real brick wall is what makes coming here worth it for me, it always feels like being back in your parent's basement. I'm hoping this doesn't feel so wrong after a couple weeks.

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

You know, I'm exactly sure how to respond to this thread.

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I've never been in a house that has a basement.

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Yes, it's pretty much a well-founded fact throughout history that when the people who want to make big money buy the people who want to entertain, the entertainment gets fucked so it would generate more money. 
It's a fact, it happens in any medium of entertainment, Wayne's World is a great example of this. Anyone who says otherwise to you is either oblivious to how life works, or is optimistic and hoping for the best. Nothing wrong with optimism, except that it, you know, gives you total false hope. 

I'm hoping Giant Bomb will maintain its vibe, humor and approach but come on, let's get real. The good honest humorous times will soon be a thing of the past, but at least we'll have all the good memories and the friends and gaming companions we've made in this community.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

To be fair, that inevitably led to Wayne's World 2, which is infinitely better than the original Wayne's World. Are you saying that you don't want Giant Bomb becoming Wayne's World 2? You asshole.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@AtomskLevent said:

I understand that Jeff, Ryan and the gang have said nothing is going to change, but come on. A Virtual Set? These dudes sitting on a couch with a real brick wall is what makes coming here worth it for me, it always feels like being back in your parent's basement. I'm hoping this doesn't feel so wrong after a couple weeks.

You don't seem to realize the amount of green screen work that Giant Bomb does in their videos.

#7 Posted by billyhoush (1193 posts) -

I liked Jeff and Ryan when they were on Gamespot. I like Giant Bomb. Chances are I will like Giant Bomb on Gamespot.

#8 Posted by buzz_clik (7024 posts) -

@AtomskLevent said:

These dudes sitting on a couch with a real brick wall is what makes coming here worth it for me...

Man, from where I'm sitting you've got some weird priorities.

#9 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

lots of people have been complaining about the brick wall

does the brick wall = authenticity?

#10 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Were you vehemently opposed to the site back when they did videos in front of a wood paneled wall?

#11 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Who is going to plow Tia Carrere?

#12 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Animasta said:

It keeps it street and real, yo.

#13 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

All the virtual set is, is a giant green screen. They have already been doing tons of shit with green screens.

#14 Posted by TruthTellah (9470 posts) -

So... Giant Bomb becoming successful and having money gets rid of its indie cred?

Sounds like Hipsduder talk to me.

Considering their tearing down the walls video and talk of changing it all around, I imagine there may still be influence from some underground feel and fake wood-paneling. If anything, it may start looking a bit like how the site originally looked when they were starting out. Just with better production values. ha

#15 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@AtomskLevent: It won't.

#17 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle: @artgarcrunkle said:

I AM!!

#18 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Luchadeer and Cool Baby don't care. Where's my leg lamp?

#19 Posted by oobs (340 posts) -

well its happened just have to see what happens in the future. I can't see things being any different myself

#20 Posted by buzz_clik (7024 posts) -

@Animasta said:

It's the Kid Rock of walls.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@artgarcrunkle said:

why Wesley Snipes of course.
#22 Posted by wewantsthering (1593 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@AtomskLevent said:

You don't seem to realize the amount of green screen work that Giant Bomb does in their videos.

Exactly...I was going to say most of what they already did was on green screens....

#23 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

You know, I'm exactly sure how to respond to this thread.

like this

#24 Posted by Maiko (13 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle said:

Luchadeer...

#25 Posted by Dude_What (68 posts) -

Hopefully "virtual set" is code for a VRML version of the site.

#26 Posted by yakov456 (1923 posts) -

So does CBS own the name now? If and when the shit goes down I hope GB can continue as GB post CBS.

#27 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

...you guys understand Wayne's World wasn't a documentary, yeah?

#28 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yes, it's pretty much a well-founded fact throughout history that when the people who want to make big money buy the people who want to entertain, the entertainment gets fucked so it would generate more money. It's a fact, it happens in any medium of entertainment, Wayne's World is a great example of this. Anyone who says otherwise to you is either oblivious to how life works, or is optimistic and hoping for the best. Nothing wrong with optimism, except that it, you know, gives you total false hope. I'm hoping Giant Bomb will maintain its vibe, humor and approach but come on, let's get real. The good honest humorous times will soon be a thing of the past, but at least we'll have all the good memories and the friends and gaming companions we've made in this community.

The thought of you commenting less makes it all worthwhile.

#29 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I liked Giant Bomb before they were surrounded by regular walls

#30 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

It's the choice of a new generation.

Do you not want Giant Bomb: The Next Generation? Brad could be Worf!

#31 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@artgarcrunkle said:

why Wesley Snipes of course.

Snipes is currently serving time for tax evasion.

#32 Edited by Ben_H (3427 posts) -

Psshh Brick wall. It's all about the wood panel wall with a target practice page and a Redbull banner.

#33 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

Then you've never really lived!

#34 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse

I've been in a house with a wine cellar and I was terrified the entire time that I was going to get raped with a fine merlot.
#35 Edited by TruthTellah (9470 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Have you seen the Binary Domain quick look? Do you trust the Giant Bomb crew at all?

Nothing could stop Vinny being Vinny, Jeff being Jeff, or Ryan being Ryan.

Not to mention the rest of the crew.

#36 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

@buzz_clik said:

@Animasta said:

It's the Kid Rock of walls.

Kid Rock is the brick wall of music.

#37 Edited by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm hoping Giant Bomb will maintain its vibe, humor and approach but come on, let's get real. The good honest humorous times will soon be a thing of the past, but at least we'll have all the good memories and the friends and gaming companions we've made in this community.

wat.

#38 Posted by Grillbar (1903 posts) -

@AtomskLevent said:

well at the first office it was a woodpanel wall. my paranoia says they thing might end up bad down the road, im talking years. but again thats just paranoia. its most likely going to just be more awsome

#39 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

So you're saying the new office will have a gun rack?

#40 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

california pride?

#41 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

i don't know guys, giantbomb getting bought feels just like Bobby's world to me.

#42 Edited by Milkman (17310 posts) -
#43 Edited by SSValis (1136 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle said:

I just saw her at a restaurant the other day. She's looking pretty good.

#44 Posted by YukoAsho (2122 posts) -

@Maiko said:

@artgarcrunkle said:

Luchadeer...

And Kid Rock after.

They could run a train on her.

#45 Posted by YukoAsho (2122 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

So... Giant Bomb becoming successful and having money gets rid of its indie cred?

Sounds like Hipsduder talk to me.

Considering their tearing down the walls video and talk of changing it all around, I imagine there may still be influence from some underground feel and fake wood-paneling. If anything, it may start looking a bit like how the site originally looked when they were starting out. Just with better production values. ha

Yeah, I don't get the crazy talk. Personally, I'm happy that they're movin' on up. They finally got a piece of that pie.

#46 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

Honestly I wish people would give Giant Bomb a chance to prove themselves. I mean, shit. I trust their opinion on reviews more than any other site. I've loved this shit out of the premium content for a year now, and have seen damn near every archived video. There's a lot of history of quality content, and now I trust them to make the decision they feel is best for the site. They've earned it.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

So you're saying they're going downhill like Mike Myers' career? But seriously, I think people are freaking out a bit early.

#48 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

The good honest humorous times will soon be a thing of the past, but at least we'll have all the good memories and the friends and gaming companions we've made in this community.

It's been an honor to game with you Captain!

#49 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

california pride?

more than just cali, I haven't seen one in Oregon OR Nevada

#50 Posted by YukoAsho (2122 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

california pride?

more than just cali, I haven't seen one in Oregon OR Nevada

They don't have them down here in South Florida either, though that's probably more to do with us being surrounded by water, at sea level, and prone to hurricanes. "Drowned in basement" isn't something people want on their tombstones or obituaries.